My name is Andy, i'm developer of boycottfotolia.org site.
At first - i'm very sorry for my possibly poor English - it isn't my native language. I won't use Translator because it can give unexpected results which can be wrong understood. Anyway, i hope all can will read my messages correctly.
It's a fact, that dollarphotoclub.com are subsidiary of project Fotolia.com. These projects are owned by same people.
I want to say thanks to grumblee, for starting this topic.
And now let me say some words about situation with dollarphotoclub.com
We're thinking, that if dollarphotoclub.com will get mass traffic from advertisment - it'll kill all "Single/Demand" sales from Shutterstock and other microstocks in near future.
Why? Because this project will create mass underbidding. And this will affect ALL microstocks. Owner of Fotolia.com wants to get mass piece of microstock's market. But have you thought - WHAT cost will you pay for this as contributor?
Simply compare licenses. Shutterstock standard license allow to create only 250k of copies. Fotolia.com standard license allow to create only 500k of copies. Dollarphotoclub.com allows unlimited qty of copies.
Shutterstock.com standard license for 5 images costs 49$.
Fotolia.com image cost varies from 2-3 $ for Small size up to 10-15$ for XXL size.
Dollarphotoclub.com sell your images in XXL size only 1$ / image.
Think about this. You not only will lose "Singles/Demands" sales on other microstocks. You'll lost even Fotolia.com Singles.
Please, think as your Customer. Why you need to pay 10$ for a XXL Image on Fotolia.com, when you can pay 10$ for 10 XXL images? Why you need to buy Shutterstock subscription when you can buy needed images for cheap price?
Are you ready to see "0,24USD, 0,24USD, 0,24USD, 0,24USD, 0,24USD, 0,24USD, 0,24USD, 0,24USD" in your stats in near future?
At this moment our requirements in petition changed to more hard
We require to completely done ONE of two actions from Fotolia.com:
1) Close dollarphotoclub.com until moment, when Fotolia.com will completely discuss with us all financial, legal and other questions and will listen to us
2) Transform dollarphotoclub.com into project with voluntary participation
- Fotolia.com need to remove ALL materials from dollarphotoclub.com
- Fotolia.com need to include "I want to participate in dollarphotoclub.com project" option into settings of your account and this option should be DISABLED by default.
- Fotolia.com should make mass mails to contributors and invite it to open place for discussion about dollarphotoclub.com. This place shouldn't be moderated by Fotolia.com
- Fotolia.com should set Standard licensing rules on dollarphotoclub.com using same licence rules from Fotolia.com and disable all subscriptions, which cost less than 99$.
If Fotolia.com won't completely done one of this required actions - many Russian-speaking stockers will delete many/all of their works from Fotolia.com May, 1st to prevent mass underbidding and save their earnings.
I ask you to support our protest against stocker's income reduction. Only we together can prevent it.
Tomorrow we'll translate our site into English so you can participate in protest. Also we'll add FB/Twi/ sharing buttons.
Each participant which will be ready to delete part/all works from Fotolia.com May 1st is extremely important for us.
It's time to break "language, time and geo" barriers. Only together we can do this.
All notes, offers and questions about site you can send to me - email@example.com
All offers about main protest movement can be sent to our coordinator - firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for your time and i hope you'll support your foreighn colleagues.
We need to be together!