pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors


Author Topic: Traffic increase at other sites besides Istock  (Read 3652 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jbarber873

« on: September 08, 2010, 18:29 »
0
Maybe it's just me, but all day long i keep getting emails about sales at Fotolia, way more than normal, up at least 200%. Dreamstime and Shutterstock up as well.
Even poor old 123rf is having a good day! Maybe a reaction to istock? or not....
Anybody else see a change yet?


ap

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 18:35 »
0
it's been great across the board...including is. i think it's just september, the best month of the year. 123 finally woke up from a two month hiatus.

Xalanx

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 18:36 »
0
Nothing unusual here. Anyway, I doubt that a reaction would be so soon felt in download numbers.

microstockphoto.co.uk

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 02:21 »
0
I think it's too soon to see an effect: buyers have credits / subs to spend, they can't throw them away just to support us.

However, sales are good on all other sites for me as well. It's probably because it's September.

macrosaur

    This user is banned.
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 03:13 »
0
nothing will change soon.

the IS exclusives are too much "locked in" to make any quick move elsewhere.

if something wil happens it will take months to get noticed and despite the people ranting on IS forum
are very vocal they only represent no more than 10% of the exclusives there, the remaining 90% either
don't give a sh-it or are even happy to hear other competitors are leaving....

the rich are getting richer, and the slaves are fighting each other ... how sad !

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2010, 03:27 »
0
nothing will change soon.

the IS exclusives are too much "locked in" to make any quick move elsewhere.

if something wil happens it will take months to get noticed and despite the people ranting on IS forum
are very vocal they only represent no more than 10% of the exclusives there, the remaining 90% either
don't give a sh-it or are even happy to hear other competitors are leaving....

the rich are getting richer, and the slaves are fighting each other ... how sad !

I agree. I think a good 50% of contributors either don't give a s!@# or don't know any better. I was shocked at how many exclusive contributors didn't even know what their commission percentage was. Even diamond and gold exclusives were getting it wrong.

macrosaur

    This user is banned.
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2010, 03:52 »
0
i'm seeing the same pattern every day in real life too ... it's amazing how so much people is completely ignorant about even the basics of math ...

where i shop every day, a small mum and pop store, it's not unusual that the girl at the desk needs a calculator to make "10 + 12" and tell me how much i've to pay.

now, what the * !  and she's the co-owner ... how can they run a business ?

even in the istock forum there was a long diatribe about what 5% of something really translated in lost sales etc and plenty of people couldn't figure out the simple math ! astonishing.

jbarber873

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2010, 08:01 »
0
nothing will change soon.

the IS exclusives are too much "locked in" to make any quick move elsewhere.

if something wil happens it will take months to get noticed and despite the people ranting on IS forum
are very vocal they only represent no more than 10% of the exclusives there, the remaining 90% either
don't give a sh-it or are even happy to hear other competitors are leaving....

the rich are getting richer, and the slaves are fighting each other ... how sad !

It seems for a lot of the long time contributors at IS, they are more upset at what they feel is a betrayal of what the site started out to be and what it has become. Math is basic to a business decision- either you can make money or you can't. For me, i can still profit at the new rates at IS, and at this point, i don't see that IS will back down more than a token amount to give the exclusives an excuse to stay. My biggest interest is seeing whether this increases traffic at the other sites. I agree that it's too early, but I was just commenting that for me, the fotolia traffic is through the roof. If it's a coincidence, that's fine with me, especially coming off of an august that was my best month ever all around.

I agree. I think a good 50% of contributors either don't give a s!@# or don't know any better. I was shocked at how many exclusive contributors didn't even know what their commission percentage was. Even diamond and gold exclusives were getting it wrong.


 

Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
2 Replies
3461 Views
Last post December 05, 2006, 09:16
by ichiro17
1 Replies
1229 Views
Last post April 15, 2011, 11:22
by cthoman
15 Replies
3059 Views
Last post June 26, 2013, 10:37
by Phadrea
6 Replies
1432 Views
Last post August 16, 2015, 11:49
by madman
5 Replies
2125 Views
Last post October 12, 2015, 13:22
by skyfish

Sponsors

Microstock Poll Results

Sponsors