pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Thinkstock earnings posted  (Read 121495 times)

« on: March 11, 2010, 20:01 »
Thinkstock earnings have been posted to the Stockxpert account today.

ap

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 22:22 »
thanks for letting us know. wow, 11 sales, total $2.75, 65 images.

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 23:05 »
So they actually transferred some images?

ap

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 23:18 »
i was in group 1.  ;)

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 23:42 »
Sadly, nothing for me.  Which either means they're doing the update in stages or nobody wanted the stuff I sent via iStock.  Still waiting for the SX photos to move over, if they ever do.

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 00:30 »
Hmm... 120 sales from an account that I had been trying to close. I'm not sure how I should feel about that.

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2010, 00:54 »
opted out since one month, still had 39 sales....

RacePhoto

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2010, 00:59 »
Sadly, nothing for me.  Which either means they're doing the update in stages or nobody wanted the stuff I sent via iStock.  Still waiting for the SX photos to move over, if they ever do.

I know this is confusing and I may be wrong, but after reading it over and over, because people asked the same questions over and over on their forum... StockXpert photos sold on ThinkStock will be credited on your StockXpert account. You need the old StockXpert account to collect those.

IS photos sold on ThinkStock will appear on the IS account, not on StockXpert.

If you think about it, some IS people didn't have StockXpert accounts and won't ever.

Being a group 2 or 3 (who the heck knows) I have no StockXpert photos on ThinkStock, so no sales. About 115 from IS went to ThinkStock and I don't see any 25c subscription sales on my IS commission reports, but maybe they haven't been figured, or just don't exist?

IS sales don't show up on StockXpert accounts, they are different agencies, different accounts, under the same owner. Unrelated except for sharing a partner site.

RacePhoto

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2010, 01:00 »
Hmm... 120 sales from an account that I had been trying to close. I'm not sure how I should feel about that.

$30 richer?  8)

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2010, 01:09 »
$30 richer?  8)
I guess I'm going to Sizzler then.  ;D

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2010, 01:19 »

You would appear to be correct.  iS shows $5.25 for 21 partner program downloads.  Oddly, they show it with my January earnings; if these are ThinkStock, I'd have thought these would be on the bar for February.  Either way, I won't be putting any down payments on any new gear.

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2010, 01:31 »

You would appear to be correct.  iS shows $5.25 for 21 partner program downloads.  Oddly, they show it with my January earnings; if these are ThinkStock, I'd have thought these would be on the bar for February.  Either way, I won't be putting any down payments on any new gear.

But these would be your sales on Photos.com, not on ThinkStock. I don't think they've gotten around to finalize our Februray partner program sales on IS - neither Photos.com, nor ThinkStock...

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2010, 02:00 »
You would appear to be correct.  iS shows $5.25 for 21 partner program downloads.  Oddly, they show it with my January earnings;

Then probably those are your January earnings from the Partner Program - which includes photos.com and from February will also include Thinkstock.

On iStock, Partner Program downloads were not added for February yet. Apparently (I conclude this from this thread) they decided to process the StockXpert downloads first. I have read on iStock, Partner Program downloads for February will only be added next week.

RacePhoto

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2010, 02:06 »

But these would be your sales on Photos.com, not on ThinkStock. I don't think they've gotten around to finalize our Februray partner program sales on IS - neither Photos.com, nor ThinkStock...

And I think you are correct. None show, which even for "Crapstock" would be fairly unusual to not have one download in a month, when I was getting 12 Jupiter, 5 Photos.com, 3 StockXpert (average) a month in 2009, on StockXpert. Then all of Feb. is zero?

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2010, 03:43 »

If I understand it correctly, IS haven't updated partner site sales for february yet. It's still due. I only have PS from January as well.

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2010, 03:54 »
11 sales through StockXpert even though I deleted my portfolio in January.

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2010, 04:04 »
I had (much) higher hopes for them than they delivered, and after doing a few extrapolations I deemed it not worth the time and effort, so I opted out. Too bad ...

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2010, 04:23 »

You should feel worried... For all the contributors in the imaging industry, we need this site to FAIL MISERABLY. It is GETTY trying to get away with their ridiculous 20% payouts. The more you make on this site, the more you eventually lose because you made it the status quo. We need to stop this "Yes sir, may i have another" mentality.

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2010, 14:28 »
... For all the contributors in the imaging industry, we need this site to FAIL MISERABLY. It is GETTY trying to get away with their ridiculous 20% payouts. The more you make on this site, the more you eventually lose because you made it the status quo. We need to stop this "Yes sir, may i have another" mentality.

Ditto!

Wish every stock photographer could understand it.  :(

lisafx

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2010, 16:44 »
... For all the contributors in the imaging industry, we need this site to FAIL MISERABLY. It is GETTY trying to get away with their ridiculous 20% payouts. The more you make on this site, the more you eventually lose because you made it the status quo. We need to stop this "Yes sir, may i have another" mentality.

Ditto!

^^ Yep!

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2010, 16:48 »

Ditto!

Double yep!!! Of course everyone is free to submit wherever they want but i cringe everytime i see someone opted in/submitting there... we're digging our own grave with submitting to this one.

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2010, 21:52 »
With that pain in the his ass self trouble they made less than 1/10 of my income from my origin StockXpert earnings???
Cm(o)an geeks you can do much more than CRE.
I dont understand why they disable uploading from StockXpert to they new sht Thing site.
I think that they have enough fat cheek for that.
But no, what thay do?!?
Make max mess thru they own sites and screw us and them.
Puke

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2010, 22:07 »
I got just a question, why was XP/IS in such a hurry?? and then we need to wait for two months (if they enter in early April)..!

Contributors from group 2 and 3, should be I guess a few no??.. It doesn't mean huge $$ to contributors but for "them" should be no??..

just don't understand why so long to transfer and remove the duplicates that are already in IS..

RacePhoto

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2010, 22:28 »
I got just a question, why was XP/IS in such a hurry?? and then we need to wait for two months (if they enter in early April)..!

Contributors from group 2 and 3, should be I guess a few no??.. It doesn't mean huge $$ to contributors but for "them" should be no??..

just don't understand why so long to transfer and remove the duplicates that are already in IS..

My only guess is they had a contract with partner sites that ran out.

11 sales through StockXpert even though I deleted my portfolio in January.

Even funnier is people who didn't Opt. out, didn't delete files, haven't had files moved and haven't made any sales. :D
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 16:16 by RacePhoto »

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2010, 22:37 »

You should feel worried... For all the contributors in the imaging industry, we need this site to FAIL MISERABLY. It is GETTY trying to get away with their ridiculous 20% payouts. The more you make on this site, the more you eventually lose because you made it the status quo. We need to stop this "Yes sir, may i have another" mentality.

Mega Dittos VB!