pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: istockphoto watercolors rejections  (Read 3936 times)

« on: March 26, 2010, 17:44 »
Well recently they started rejecting all of my watercolors so I'm looking for some help for description.

They used to take my abstract watercolor backgrounds ( most often one or two colors simple watercolors) , and now they are rejectin them for this reason:

We regret to inform you that we cannot accept your submission, entitled Abstract watercolor ( http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/12393072/2/istockphoto_12393072-abstract-watercolor.jpg) for addition to the iStockphoto library for the following reasons:

Please provide a focused description for the work of art featured in this image. Aim to describe the artwork as well as possible (the artist, date of creation, location, etc). Works of art created by someone other than yourself must be free of copyright protection to be considered royalty-free.

In your description, please include any valuable information regarding the artist/ownership of the original artwork that will assist us in determining that the work of art is not subject to copyright protection. Make sure that your description is clear, helpful and targeted to the client who may be interested in your image (and not to the inspector).

If this work of art is indeed under copyright protection, a property release signed by the copyright holder will need to be provided. Thank you.

Now my description goes like this:  "Abstract watercolor painting hand painted by me , nice background for your projects".

What am I doing wrong i stated i painted this so whats the problem , I don't get it , especially when I know they took other paintings with same description.

Any ideas ?

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 17:45 »
Did you provide a property release?

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 17:49 »
Did you provide a property release?

No , sorry I ask but whats a property release , I mean i know what it is but is it needed for this ,and where to find one ,cause i never used that

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 18:09 »
I submitted many hand painted images and in the beginning realized that IS wanted a property release . . .  so, I gave them one and it has been worth the extra trouble.

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 18:10 »
If you are providing a digital image of a watercolor painting, you must provide proof that you painted the image also. If someone else painted the image and you photographed it, you must provide a property release. If you did the painting yourself, you STILL must provide a property release.

Search the IS website, you will find one available for download. Search these forums, there is a wealth of info on property and model releases.

ShadySue

• There is a crack in everything
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 18:29 »
To get a property release:
Go to your upload page.
In the third column from the left under 'mist stats', there are links to downloadable/printable model/property/talent releases. You need to print it out, sign it, and scan or photograph it to upload it.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 19:35 by ShadySue »

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2010, 18:35 »
What if it was digitally created?  Actually I thought this was what Lizard was talking about.

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2010, 19:19 »
Ty you all , ill try with that , hope it will work , I just don understand how they sometimes approve and sometimes don't , its about same style watercolors
so they should have rejected everything , that got me confused.

here is one sample of approved one:

Madelaide , I did not have problems with digital paintings , I write in the description that Im the creator , that i made brushes that I use from my own work and that works for now , at least
for images that are not rejected for over processing  ;D. Never got rejection for the reason like I pasted for watercolors.

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2010, 20:03 »
Great now my printer died :P

Can I open that property release in PS and fill it by handwriting with tablet , put a handwritten tablet signature and use that , or that will not be legally worth?

It not like a problem to print and scan , but I have few watercolors pending so I would like to upload that before they get refused.

ShadySue

• There is a crack in everything
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2010, 08:24 »
Great now my printer died :P

Can I open that property release in PS and fill it by handwriting with tablet , put a handwritten tablet signature and use that , or that will not be legally worth?

It not like a problem to print and scan , but I have few watercolors pending so I would like to upload that before they get refused.
iStock won't accept a digital signature. How they can tell for sure, I have no idea.

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2010, 09:08 »
Yep, you need to print it, fill it out and scan it again. The only way!