pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Photospin 0,02 US-Dollar sale for one picture, new neg. record  (Read 25542 times)

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2011, 08:57 »
Despite all the negative comments here, I might give Photospin a try IF they have an easy upload.

-In the bottom line I'm only interested in how much the client pays for an image they REALLY USE. For example they might upload 10 images for $0.03 a pop, but if they use only one of them it's the same as a $0.30 subscription download. And if they use it only in a small size, it's no worse than a $0.30 small size download. I'm still guessing the big players that use images a lot are using IS, SS etc. because they have more images to choose from.

-Yes I'm a bit concerned for piracy, but then again:

-I will only upload selected "crap", images that are collecting dust on other sites, perhaps 5% or 10% of my portfolio.

I am not at Spin but honestly the piracy issue is all around.. in a few months a client can have all our portfolio could be at Spin, but why not at SS ??

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2011, 10:47 »
So, how hard is the uploading process? Do they have FTP, IPTC etc.? Categories?

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2011, 11:46 »
So, how hard is the uploading process? Do they have FTP, IPTC etc.? Categories?

I have sent my application minutes ago just to see how it will go, from what I have searched we need to place just a category, and "MR" on the model release file name..

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2011, 12:28 »
Categories... why can't they get rid of those for good? :(

ginasanders

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2011, 12:41 »
Average 0,13 US Cent per download. No FTP! Any Question? I don't upload new images since 10 month.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 12:44 by ginasanders »

Microbius

« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2011, 13:19 »
wow, how low would the pay have to get before some people stop uploading to these sites?

« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2011, 13:20 »
+1
Average 0,13 US Cent per download. No FTP! Any Question? I don't upload new images since 10 month.

This is practically giving out images for free. I don't think any other microstock site is even approaching this. There are 25 cents per photo subscription downloads that people complain about, but taking into account their pay-per-download sales the average is still way higher than that. How low are we willing to go? Many people were outraged by commissions cuts on Istockphoto, and some pulled their stock portfolios or stopped uploading, and yet the lowest commission per image I got on Istock ever was still above 20 cents. Now someone's offering you 13 cents per download or lower and it's worth trying? Doesn't make sense to me.

ginasanders

« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2011, 13:34 »
double post - sorry!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 11:02 by gina »

ginasanders

« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2011, 13:45 »
Makes no sense for me too! I stopped uploading as I saw how the billing works.
I've seen that Yuri was on board. Therefore I have upload my images.
But one thing I've learned in the microstock-business: Never delete an existing portfolio. It was too much work to build it. And sorry for my bad english...
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 13:53 by gina »

« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2011, 14:08 »
wow, how low would the pay have to get before some people stop uploading to these sites?

that's a good question.. but why is Yuri there? money no? high or low don't know

Microbius

« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2011, 14:15 »
Makes no sense for me too! I stopped uploading as I saw how the billing works.
I've seen that Yuri was on board. Therefore I have upload my images.
But one thing I've learned in the microstock-business: Never delete an existing portfolio. It was too much work to build it. And sorry for my bad english...
Sorry gina, I understood, my comment wasn't meant for you, your English is fine.

gbcimages

« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2011, 14:33 »
depends on how bad  u want to make money. I get a regular payout every month,have been for over a year. Tired of waiting for the other Agencies. just drop your pride and do it.

« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2011, 08:48 »
nowadays, I also would not recommand photopin. I got sales report about 0,02 US-Dollar for one picture.
No, thanks.

RT

« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2011, 09:05 »
Many people were outraged by commissions cuts on Istockphoto, and some pulled their stock portfolios or stopped uploading, and yet the lowest commission per image I got on Istock ever was still above 20 cents. Now someone's offering you 13 cents per download or lower and it's worth trying? Doesn't make sense to me.

Exactly the reason sites like iStock do and will continue to lower our commissions, as long as people support sites like this we will never have an argument against other sites lowering commissions, Ingrampublishing is another fine example, I just can't understand seeing people uploading there and then complaining that iStock have lowered commissions!!

« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2011, 09:17 »
Many people were outraged by commissions cuts on Istockphoto, and some pulled their stock portfolios or stopped uploading, and yet the lowest commission per image I got on Istock ever was still above 20 cents. Now someone's offering you 13 cents per download or lower and it's worth trying? Doesn't make sense to me.

Exactly the reason sites like iStock do and will continue to lower our commissions, as long as people support sites like this we will never have an argument against other sites lowering commissions, Ingrampublishing is another fine example, I just can't understand seeing people uploading there and then complaining that iStock have lowered commissions!!

SS (almost 14 million pictures)
- 1 month 199 EUR (25 downs) (client can buy 750 pictures for 0.34$ each)
- 1 year 2049 EUR (25 downs) (client can buy 9125 pictures for 0.26$ each)

SPIN (for premium collection = 300k pictures)
- 1 year 329$ (3600px) (50 downs) (client can buy 18250 pictures for 0.018$ each)
- 1 year 549$ (5100px) (50 downs) (client can buy 18250 pictures for 0.03$ each)

SPIN (for expanded collection = 1.9m (dont understand from where they come))
- 1 month 488$ (5100px) (25 downs) (client can buy 750 pictures for 0.65$ each)
- 1 year 3488$ (5100px) (25 downs) (client can buy 9125 pictures for 0.38$ each)

if client doesn't spend all his subscription SPIN gives higher royalties, SS doesn't

what does this mean?.. contributors are just getting lower royalties if the clients go to PREMIUM collection which is 300k pictures..

are photospin sales from this premium collection?? please tell us more regarding your sales..

SPIN should just erase the premium :P
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 10:17 by luissantos84 »

« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2011, 23:48 »
We have only seen real numbers from one person,  that is someone who says they make 80-120 per month off 400 photos. That is .20 rpi a month on the low end this is near the same RPI as I earn on SS. I hate to give someone my photos for such a terrible rate 13 cents or whatever, but at the end of the month if I can add $80 to my income it sounds more tempting. Anyone else willing to share how much you earn per image per month (RPI) I don't want to make any bad decisions based on the data of only one contributer.

« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2011, 01:02 »
nowadays, I also would not recommand photopin. I got sales report about 0,02 US-Dollar for one picture.
No, thanks.

curious, less than a month ago you were making 80 to 120.. cant see why that have changed..

« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2012, 08:02 »
   Hello. I uploaded some of my files here to test the waters. How can I see if I had sales? Cause i cannot find anything on my account about this. Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 16:46 by tavi »

microstockphoto.co.uk

« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2012, 09:13 »
   Hello. I uploaded some of my files here to test the waters. How can I see if I had sales? Cause i cannot find anithing on my account about this. Thanks.

after logging in as a contributor, look at the REPORT section on the left;
you can see "Images downloaded" and "Monthly sales" from there

Direct links (must be logged in as a contributor):
https://www.photospin.com/contributor_downloads.asp
https://www.photospin.com/contributor_sales.asp

Poncke

« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2012, 09:29 »

This is practically giving out images for free. I don't think any other microstock site is even approaching this. There are 25 cents per photo subscription downloads that people complain about, but taking into account their pay-per-download sales the average is still way higher than that. How low are we willing to go? Many people were outraged by commissions cuts on Istockphoto, and some pulled their stock portfolios or stopped uploading, and yet the lowest commission per image I got on Istock ever was still above 20 cents. Now someone's offering you 13 cents per download or lower and it's worth trying? Doesn't make sense to me.
Dont get that either, people still testing waters  for 2 cents, but complain about getting 7 cents at IS.