pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: StockFresh - from Peter Hamza and Andras Pfaff  (Read 275792 times)

« Reply #700 on: November 24, 2010, 22:52 »
almost 6 months! :) anybody out there??

(talking to "contributors")

« Reply #701 on: November 25, 2010, 00:53 »
anybody out there?? (talking to "contributors")
Yes, they're fine. I just bought my second Ferrari from my commissions there.  :P

Seriously, they are very picky on nature and city shots, more picky than IS on technical quality. Models are always fine with them. They are a bit carnivorous, like Fotolia.
The acceptance policy is certainly different from the one of StockXpert before, even if they have the same reviewers.
It's clearly a choice. They want the best, as jbarber873 said.

If you applied with only city/nature shots, that was perhaps a mistake. I only applied with recent models. I sneaked in my nature later.  ;)

« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 00:57 by FD-regular »

« Reply #702 on: November 25, 2010, 01:18 »
i guess we can call this website a 'successful' launching..

« Reply #703 on: November 25, 2010, 04:27 »
I'm with them since summer and yesterday I checked most of my folders. There are not a single view on my images. Something is wrong :(

« Reply #704 on: November 25, 2010, 04:37 »
There's nothing wrong.  Give them at least a year to get going.  Don't expect anything.  It was never going to be easy to launch yet another new site.  They have a small advantage, having success with StockXpert but they would be crazy to spend money marketing until they have a decent sized collection of images.

Their only hope is for us to have lots of patience.  I have sold 10 so far and that's already better than some of the new sites I have tried.  They also have one of the best designs, much nicer than most of the other sites and reminiscent of StockXpert.  Hopefully that will bring back some of their old clients, when they have enough images.

« Reply #705 on: November 25, 2010, 04:37 »
Models are always fine with them. They are a bit carnivorous, like Fotolia.

I'm doomed.  I don't have one single model shot.

« Reply #706 on: November 25, 2010, 04:44 »
Sharpshot, I don't expect a brand new D3x over night from Stockfresh sales, but in 4-5 months I was expecting at least a couple of views. Seems that nobody is interested in my images. And I'm tired of new born agencies over night. They all promise something different, sales, they try to be very friendly but the major problem is that the small ones don't sell anything.

« Reply #707 on: November 25, 2010, 07:06 »
My last sale had 1 view, I don't even know if views work there.  I have never been bothered by views, some sites have thousands and no sales.  I just don't understand why people expect anything from SF yet.  They said from the start that they aren't going to do what several other failed sites have done, spend lots of money.  I think that's wise.  They need time to build up a good collection and hopefully a reasonable percentage of the buyers that used to use StockXpert will be interested.

It is so little effort to upload there and it gives them a chance.  As they used to pay a decent commission with StockXpert and have continued with SF, I will upload my portfolio and give them all the time they want.

« Reply #708 on: November 25, 2010, 07:54 »
Models are always fine with them. They are a bit carnivorous, like Fotolia.

I'm doomed.  I don't have one single model shot.

I don't think so, I don't have any models either. My stuff is mediocre and so far they have approved about 60%. That's ok with me.

« Reply #709 on: November 25, 2010, 08:41 »
Yes, they're fine. I just bought my second Ferrari from my commissions there.  :P

Seriously, they are very picky on nature and city shots, more picky than IS on technical quality. Models are always fine with them. They are a bit carnivorous, like Fotolia.
The acceptance policy is certainly different from the one of StockXpert before, even if they have the same reviewers.

If you applied with only city/nature shots, that was perhaps a mistake. I only applied with recent models. I sneaked in my nature later.  ;)

I only have nature / wildlife / travel pics, no models at all.
Overall acceptance rate above 80%, though this is after resubmitting those rejects that were easy to correct.

« Reply #710 on: November 25, 2010, 16:44 »

I see :) my batch had a little of everything but low quality overall :P I have placed also port links but I suck big time I will wait because I want a Ferrari also

« Reply #711 on: November 25, 2010, 17:50 »
I will wait because I want a Ferrari also
unhappiness and suffering comes from man not wanting what he has and wanting what he hasn't.
-- Buddha.

rubyroo

« Reply #712 on: November 25, 2010, 18:28 »
unhappiness and suffering comes from man not wanting what he has and wanting what he hasn't.
-- Buddha.
[/quote]

So very, very true.

« Reply #713 on: November 25, 2010, 18:52 »
I'm lazy to look at the site... what is the minimum size required?

« Reply #714 on: November 25, 2010, 21:11 »
I only have nature / wildlife / travel pics, no models at all.
Yes but your wildlife etc... is far above average.

lisafx

« Reply #715 on: November 26, 2010, 08:52 »
There's nothing wrong.  Give them at least a year to get going.  Don't expect anything.  It was never going to be easy to launch yet another new site.  They have a small advantage, having success with StockXpert but they would be crazy to spend money marketing until they have a decent sized collection of images.

Their only hope is for us to have lots of patience.  I have sold 10 so far and that's already better than some of the new sites I have tried.  They also have one of the best designs, much nicer than most of the other sites and reminiscent of StockXpert.  Hopefully that will bring back some of their old clients, when they have enough images.

Absolutely.  There hasn't been an official "launch" yet, so how could it have been unsuccessful?  People seem to have pretty unreasonable expectations for this new website. 

« Reply #716 on: November 26, 2010, 09:12 »
Absolutely.  There hasn't been an official "launch" yet, so how could it have been unsuccessful?  People seem to have pretty unreasonable expectations for this new website.  

No official launch yet, but I don't think it's unreasonable for people to be confused, when there hasn't ever been an agency that has started up like this before. Typically, once a call for contributors goes out, that means the site is ready to do business. Seems silly to me to have thousands of images just sitting there for months, but hey, what do I know. Maybe the big contributors are doing ok sales-wise, even without a launch.

molka

This user is banned.
« Reply #717 on: November 26, 2010, 09:28 »
They don't want ot go into debt, that's all, they let the thing grow if it does. That might just be one of the reasons why thy can offer 50% and above. I personally find it really nice that the owner comes to speak with contributors, and speaks in a clear, pragmatic manner, no buzzphrases, no shady marketing junktalk.

lisafx

« Reply #718 on: November 26, 2010, 16:43 »

No official launch yet, but I don't think it's unreasonable for people to be confused, when there hasn't ever been an agency that has started up like this before. Typically, once a call for contributors goes out, that means the site is ready to do business. Seems silly to me to have thousands of images just sitting there for months, but hey, what do I know. Maybe the big contributors are doing ok sales-wise, even without a launch.

What's the saying - "If you build it, they will come."?  To me it makes perfect sense to get contributors onboard and build the library somewhat, before you go and spend money on a big marketing push.

Remember, this is late in the microstock game, and new sites have to compete with libraries that have over 10 million pics in them.  It seems quite reasonable to get at least several hundred thousand images approved prior to advertising for customers.

« Reply #719 on: November 26, 2010, 17:24 »

What's the saying - "If you build it, they will come."?  To me it makes perfect sense to get contributors onboard and build the library somewhat, before you go and spend money on a big marketing push.

Remember, this is late in the microstock game, and new sites have to compete with libraries that have over 10 million pics in them.  It seems quite reasonable to get at least several hundred thousand images approved prior to advertising for customers.

Point taken.  :)

« Reply #720 on: November 27, 2010, 01:44 »
still waiting......grey hair......

« Reply #721 on: November 27, 2010, 02:46 »
still waiting......grey hair....
L'Oral, because you're worth it.  ::) (omdat je 't waard bent!)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 02:48 by FD-regular »

« Reply #723 on: November 27, 2010, 12:10 »
For a company eager to build it's library it does seem a bit odd that new contributor applications are taking months and months to review. Perhaps there are just too many photographer serfs in the market now.

microstockphoto.co.uk

« Reply #724 on: November 27, 2010, 12:17 »
For a company eager to build it's library it does seem a bit odd that new contributor applications are taking months and months to review. Perhaps there are just too many photographer serfs in the market now.

The 25-pictures-a-day limit is a bit odd too, in this regard.

However, my first impression - I was only accepted recently - is that reviews are fair: neither too strict nor bland.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 12:18 by microstockphoto.co.uk »