MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: massive rejections (IN or leaving...)  (Read 19716 times)

« on: June 11, 2010, 09:20 »
what is going on with 123RF??? they are now rejecting more than every stock agency.. what is happening there??..

last batch got 70% rejected... I am considering if it is worth submitting there.. another email to their services... :P

one day accepted them all, the other they just went crazy...
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 09:22 by luissantos84 »

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 10:09 »
I haven't noticed much of a change, they still accept a lot more than they reject.  Sales could be better, I am more concerned about that than rejections.

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 10:20 »
I haven't noticed much of a change, they still accept a lot more than they reject.  Sales could be better, I am more concerned about that than rejections.

sales can always be better :)

regarding rejections, one day accepted them all, the next day same subjects and so and massive rejections, not usual but lets wait to see how they will reply :)

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 12:05 »
See http://www.microstockgroup.com/123royaltyfree-com/rejects-at-123rf-to-clear-the-pending-queue/

I already stopped uploading there, hope they will finally pay attention if more contributors do the same

WarrenPrice

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 12:30 »
It is very confusing.  I am going thru a good period ... nearly 100% acceptance.  BUT ... I've been on the opposite end as well.  Very, Very confusing.

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2010, 12:51 »
See http://www.microstockgroup.com/123royaltyfree-com/rejects-at-123rf-to-clear-the-pending-queue/

I already stopped uploading there, hope they will finally pay attention if more contributors do the same

+1

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2010, 14:04 »
It is very confusing.  I am going thru a good period ... nearly 100% acceptance.  BUT ... I've been on the opposite end as well.  Very, Very confusing.

same here, just the lastest 4 batchs

donding

• Think before you speak
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2010, 14:10 »

+1

I haven't uploaded there for awhile and the sales still are stuck in limbo.

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2010, 07:36 »
sales are good for me (in line with FT) but all uploads have stopped...will test the waters again in 6 months.

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2010, 08:13 »
got my first 200MB which is nice, from rejections still nothing from 123RF

KB

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2010, 09:56 »
June is nearly half over, and at the moment I've made 20% of what I made last month at 123 (should be almost 50%). And less than 1/3 the number of sales (should be 1/2 at this point). I believe when I looked I noticed that over 80% of the sales this month have been subscription sales.

Not good; not good at all.  :(

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2010, 17:41 »
I however have made more in June so far than I did in all of last month. That isn't because June is particularly good, it is because May was really lousy. The last few batches that were all reviewed at once were all accepted at 123RF for a nice change. Of course according to Bigstock they were mostly out of focus... sigh. but don't even get me started on the plummeting sales there.

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2010, 17:47 »
My record is still intact in never having an image rejected by 123. But not that much to be proud of in that the sales suck. I submit there these days only when I have an extra few minutes. I just submitted a batch of about 15 there, all went through no problem.

Back last year I think, 123 had some announcement about rolling content in with Inmagine, the parent company. Haven't heard anything since. Wonder what happened with that?

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2010, 12:22 »
Yea, I have noticed the same thing.  I usually have 50-80% acceptance.  I don't think I have every had a full batch rejected till this week.  They were similar to the previous batch with 95% accepted.  This site is not big earner for me compared to SS but I did get my first payment last week.... that was nice.

I will have to see if this is a trend or not.  I sort of think that some reviewers are tough and others are not.   Some have good days others bad.   I have already had some sales on a couple of the photos on another site that were rejected by 123 in this batch.... so that always makes me feel better  ;-)

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2010, 20:48 »
Hi All,

Thanks for your opinions on rejections at 123RF.com. i was about to jump on the review team and get severely mad with them for rejecting the images that you painstakingly shot and uploaded to us.

But before that, it is only fair that I hear both sides of the story. And I did, I personally went through the rejections and to simply put it, I have to agree with their decision.

However, at 123RF.com we do hear out our contributors and give them an avenue for appeal if you wrote to [email protected], I understand that the contributors have been using this avenue too. Therefore, after re-reviewing the images, we also have concluded that they would continue to be rejected for purely technical reasons.

If you feel that other stock agencies have accepted your photo when we rejected them, please feel free to quote our image filename and provide us a link to the other stock agency to strengthen your appeal to us.

We pride ourselves in being a learning organization and we do learn from our mistakes and we're not afraid to apologize if mistakes have been made.

At this juncture I'd like to leave you with a request - please be objective in raising your appeal, if you feel that in all fairness, the images you took are simply not good enough, perhaps you should just leave things as it were.

Thank you very much.

Alex.
for 123RF.com

« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2010, 23:23 »
now we should place links from other agencies.. eheh that's good one, I will do that for sure!

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2010, 23:49 »
I requested to close my account at least a month ago but haven't heard anything back after I did all what was asked of me and emailed them back stating I had done everything that was asked of me.  Just shot off another email to support about the fact that I want my account gone.

Just irritating.

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2010, 23:51 »
I requested to close my account at least a month ago but haven't heard anything back after I did all what was asked of me and emailed them back stating I had done everything that was asked of me.  Just shot off another email to support about the fact that I want my account gone.

Just irritating.

leaving because of the sales or the late rejections?.. they used to be very fair on reviews and always very nice by email..

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2010, 03:24 »
uploaded approx. 800pics - acceptance rate 89% which is higher than on most of the other sites. worst rate (by far) for me is on fotolia (72% only with more or less the same pics). sales quite low on 123rf but at least i usually got payouts every 3 month...  :-\

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2010, 09:37 »
uploaded approx. 800pics - acceptance rate 89% which is higher than on most of the other sites. worst rate (by far) for me is on fotolia (72% only with more or less the same pics). sales quite low on 123rf but at least i usually got payouts every 3 month...  :-\

curious, I am having the opposite, better reviews everywhere and TERRIBLE at 123RF, I am losing my patience..

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2010, 12:52 »
I've had a few more rejections lately, but am still around 95% acceptance.  Most of my rejections are for images with more contrasty lighting; Shutterstock likes them, but 123 isn't so enthusiastic.  Which is their right, as is Veer's or Zoonar's for being so * picky.

Each site has its own peculiarities regarding what it considers acceptable stock.  We have a limited number of choices: only shoot images that are acceptable to every site; skip sites whose criteria either feel arbitrary or just don't match what we can/want to shoot; submit everywhere and don't take the rejections to heart.  Mostly I use the last approach.

I've been uploading to 123 because the process is relatively painless relative to sales.  And lately I've seen a sizable jump in sales, so I feel even better about my decision to continue with them.  Of course, your mileage may vary.

WarrenPrice

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2010, 13:02 »
^^ +1 except for the sizable jump.  Sales are fairly consistent but not lively.

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2010, 17:52 »

Just irritating.

leaving because of the sales or the late rejections?.. they used to be very fair on reviews and always very nice by email..

Lack of sales is why I'm leaving and now left as they finally deleted my account.  They took everything and I mean EVERYTHING I threw at them last year.  I only started doing photos this year and a few were rejected.  I gave them a year.  I've got 4 other sites that I started new on this year and they'll get the same treatment.  As long as there are consistent sales I'll stay.  123 last year was 1 sale a month and not worth me keeping my port there.  I also deleted my images at Cutcaster but leaving my account there for the time being.

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2010, 18:01 »
This month rejections dropped from 80% (all previous months of this year) to 50% for me. Maybe they were running out of space and now with new FTP server it will go back to normal?

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2010, 18:04 »
I used to think that we should have our portfolio all around but these days I don't think like that, I guess because I started one year ago (15months) now I see what it's worth or not.. I guess we learn with time and experience.. :)

wish you the best

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2010, 18:06 »
This month rejections dropped from 80% (all previous months of this year) to 50% for me. Maybe they were running out of space and now with new FTP server it will go back to normal?

I guess they are just acting INSANE, 123RF is now harder then every stock agency.. LOL