MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Repeated rejection from iStockphoto  (Read 26723 times)

« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2010, 20:58 »
My current acceptance rate on istock (for recent images) is excellent, and most rejections are for similars. I'm shooting still-life type shots, different subjects under very similar lighting (strobes and reflectors) and it works well. However, I don't even bother taking my camera outside anymore. Too many rejections for lighting from outdoor shots.

Wow
Averil catch on strobes :)
Only on iStock they dont say to you that they will earn you pay back :)
Sorry Averil I cant help myself with stupid argue :)

« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2010, 21:59 »

I am curious how many % do you have in QC passed on Alamy or Corbis ;-)

I don't submit to Corbis, but I have over 5k on Alamy and have never had a rejection there.  Do they actually reject images after your initial test batch??

I always thought Alamy inspectors are on auto-accept mode...

I got the feeling somewhere along the line that they consider your rejection rate. Basically if you dont get rejections then you are at top of queue and takes 24hrs-ish for approval (and basically someone skims your thumbnails :). People who get rejections it is slower and they get examined more closely. But I dont know now where I got this idea.

« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2010, 00:35 »
Yeah, I don't think there are any big conspiracies there, so you may want to put down the tin foil hats. I probably have a better approval rating than a lot of exclusives, but I still get rejections. I think they have a good reviewal process, but (like most agencies) it depends on the reviewer's interpretation of the rules.

Personally, I've come to realize that I'm not always going to see eye to eye with every agency's acceptance policies, but I still think most of them are reasonable. I hope it stays that way, but I'm sure I just jinxed myself.  ;)

« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2010, 04:36 »
Well I need to fulfill my obligatory 1 post before asking for help in a new thread so I just wanted to say hello and thanks to everybody here for the very useful info.  I'm just getting into microstock and working on my photography skills and this site has proven very helpful (been lurking for a few months).