pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Can't log in to istock  (Read 12019 times)

« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2010, 20:26 »
It's an internet explorer issue...

whenever I can't log in to istockphoto using internet explorer, I try firefox and it always works!

No, it's an IS issue - cannot log in at all - says invalid password yada yada yada - why is it only IS that seems to have these buggy issues?

PaulieWalnuts

• We Have Exciting News For You
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2010, 20:59 »
It's an Istock issue for not being able to address the Internet Explorer issue. Istock is the only site I ever have login problems with.

And I'd bet if I'm having problems so are quite a few buyers. Ever since they implemented this new login method I've had problems.

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2010, 21:00 »
It's an Istock issue for not being able to address the Internet Explorer issue. Istock is the only site I ever have login problems with.

And I'd bet if I'm having problems so are quite a few buyers. Ever since they implemented this new login method I've had problems.

Me too ... and we are in prime selling time now across Asia ... wonderful.

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2010, 21:41 »

Sorry to derail this thread a bit, but why exactly is this prime selling time in Asia?

« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2010, 23:17 »

Sorry to derail this thread a bit, but why exactly is this prime selling time in Asia?

Because it's office hours now ...

« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2010, 07:17 »
The problems persist for those using IE8. From MichaelJay on the Help forum;

"I am sorry, we are having issues with IE8 today. Tech department is aware of the issues and will try to fix them asap."

Why is it only Istock that seems to have such issues everytime they modify the site?

PaulieWalnuts

• We Have Exciting News For You
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2010, 07:52 »
Why is it only Istock that seems to have such issues everytime they modify the site?

Probably because they are constantly making changes. You can't screw anything up if you don't make any changes like most of the other sites.

I'm using Firefox and it seems to be working fine.

« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2010, 08:02 »
^^^ The other sites make plenty of changes too. It's just that they usually happen so seamlessy it is hardly noticable. We always know when IS makes a change because it screws up some aspect of the site for weeks or months afterwards. It must have taken them 18 months before they very recently fixed the 'loss of title/keywords data on image upload' that they self-induced on a previous modification.

« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2010, 08:26 »
The other sites make plenty of changes too. It's just that they usually happen so seamlessy it is hardly noticable.

And what is so funny is that IS was the first, and by most peoples opinion, the best. I am guessing they have the most web designers and programmers on staff that need to stay busy!

But really people, when are you going to give up on Internet Explorer and use other browsers that actually work?  ;)

« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2010, 08:39 »
The other sites make plenty of changes too. It's just that they usually happen so seamlessy it is hardly noticable.

And what is so funny is that IS was the first, and by most peoples opinion, the best. I am guessing they have the most web designers and programmers on staff that need to stay busy!

But really people, when are you going to give up on Internet Explorer and use other browsers that actually work?  ;)

I am sure, like is the case with my company, that most people are not permitted to change operating systems on office computers that do not belong to them.

Anyway, it is now 12 hours and counting with no ability to access istock ... unbelievable.

« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2010, 08:46 »
I am sure, like is the case with my company, that most people are not permitted to change operating systems on office computers that do not belong to them.

I am sure that is true. But Firefox is free and easy to install on any computer. Maybe a recommendation to your IT person and a explanation of the problem would warrant them installing it for you? Just saying. Explain it this way...how much time am I wasting because I am sitting here, not able to log in to IS and purchase images for the company, versus taking 5 minutes and installing Firefox? Put it into dollars and they might see the light. Just an idea.  :)

« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2010, 08:50 »
Put it into dollars and they might see the light. Just an idea.  :)

Great idea. Wouldn't it be brilliant if Istock 'put it into dollars' and stopped messing their customers about?

« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2010, 09:11 »
^^^ The other sites make plenty of changes too. It's just that they usually happen so seamlessy it is hardly noticable. We always know when IS makes a change because it screws up some aspect of the site for weeks or months afterwards. It must have taken them 18 months before they very recently fixed the 'loss of title/keywords data on image upload' that they self-induced on a previous modification.
Let's see what happens when they make the BIG update. Anyone up for a bet?

« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2010, 10:11 »
Let's see what happens when they make the BIG update. Anyone up for a bet?

I'm not sure I would take that bet. On one hand, maybe the BIG update will magically fix all the problems they have ever had and the site will run seamlessly from now on, forever and ever.

No, no betting for me.

« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2014, 23:28 »
*bump*

Hi guys and gals :). Are you experiencing the same problem now? I can't login to my istock account and can't change the passoword.

fritz

• I love Tom and Jerry music

« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2014, 03:45 »
Everything is fine here! Using Chrome.

« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2014, 05:06 »
now I'm locked out, too, using Firefox
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 05:10 by BaldricksTrousers »

Beppe Grillo

« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2014, 14:00 »
Cannot login too.

Same problem with DepositPhoto

Goofy

« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2014, 16:23 »
+1
When iStock is Open maybe they should have a sign saying, "Sorry we are Open for business"  :D

« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2014, 21:06 »
iStock let me back in about 24 hours ago. I'd sent a request to support, I don't know if that had any effect.