pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Tax Forms Appeared  (Read 14980 times)

rubyroo

« on: June 16, 2010, 11:40 »
I just refreshed my BigStock balance and saw a new pink panel asking me to fill in their tax forms.  Just sending out a heads up to you all, as I assume it's the same for everyone(?)

Here we go again... better dig out all the previous ones to make sure I get it right.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 11:42 by rubyroo »

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 11:48 »
Right, just sent them in . . . .  at least they make the procedure easy.

lisafx

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 12:46 »
I didn't get that form.  Is this only for non-US contributors? 

They have had my social security # for years.

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 12:52 »
I didn't get that form.  Is this only for non-US contributors? 

No idea Ms Lisafx, I am located in Munich, Germany. Since I am an American it isn't a big deal for me at least.

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 13:50 »
I didn't get that form.  Is this only for non-US contributors?  

No Alerts in my account, no email. Perhaps they are taking care of non-US counties first, and then maybe will ask for a W9 from the US people.

lisafx

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2010, 16:32 »
I guess I am in the clear.  You guys already have a W-9 on me.  Must be why I didn't get an alert.

Love the site improvements so far.  Especially to the stats section. :)

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2010, 20:34 »
I got a email because my address is invalid eheheh that's a good one! :P

now solved and all set!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 22:44 by luissantos84 »

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2010, 20:38 »
Just for the record - I'm a US contributor, I did ALL of this today (there was an alert under "commissions" for me).

RacePhoto

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2010, 21:55 »
I guess I am in the clear.  You guys already have a W-9 on me.  Must be why I didn't get an alert.

Love the site improvements so far.  Especially to the stats section. :)

+1

And easy, I registered and then filled the W-9 form out today. Nice work.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 16:17 by RacePhoto »

donding

• Think before you speak
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2010, 10:37 »
It's easy to do...no hassle. I'm thankful it's an online form and and we don't have to fax it.

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2010, 11:47 »
Just for the record - I'm a US contributor, I did ALL of this today (there was an alert under "commissions" for me).

I got an email today, too, as they mentioned. I filled it all out and got it approved yesterday though, after the post here.

Edit: I too like the new website design. I would really like to see Shutterstock and Big Stock take off...SS for my subs and BigStock for my on-demands...I might even be talked into considering exclusivity with those 2 (if that were possible) if they really made a big push. I have always liked both of those sites.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 11:49 by cclapper »

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2010, 12:05 »
It's easy to do...no hassle. I'm thankful it's an online form and and we don't have to fax it.

I agree...very easily done and approval was within 3 hrs.  :)

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2010, 12:18 »
There goes 30% of my sales... for no benefit at all from these taxes.  :-\

lisafx

« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2010, 14:51 »
I got the notice too.  Filled out and waiting for approval. 

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2010, 16:46 »
Can anyone translate this to a normal language?
I have provided or will provide a statement that identifies those notional principal contracts from which the income is not effectively connected with the conduct of a trade or business in the United States.

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2010, 20:21 »

We are looking forward to helping you determine which tax forms are appropriate and required by the I.R.S. and/or by Bigstock.

someone at BigStock is looking forward to helping with tax forms? Really?? what sort of person looks forward to tax forms :)

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2010, 20:25 »

We are looking forward to helping you determine which tax forms are appropriate and required by the I.R.S. and/or by Bigstock.

someone at BigStock is looking forward to helping with tax forms? Really?? what sort of person looks forward to tax forms :)

now that I think about it some more, the could be 'looking forward' in dread :)

Microbius

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2010, 03:37 »
Wow what a relief, looks like they learnt from the mistakes the other agencies made. That for was really easy to complete, even had guidance notes if you ticked the wrong boxes etc. and the form was checked and accepted in double quick time.
Well done Bigstock!

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2010, 14:14 »
I guess every sale in BigStock will now be taxed, since they don't have foreign branches like FT?   :'(

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2010, 00:33 »
I just wanna know when they start witholidng this tax, i email them and they replied

"Any future commission payouts will be subject to our tax withholding, no
past commission payouts are subject to this only future payouts."

only future payouts? but i have past earning haven't request for payout..so if I request payout now consider future payout? all will be tax?

30% for me :(

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2010, 07:00 »
I got the notice too.  Filled out and waiting for approval. 

How did you do it Lisa?

I filled it out 10 times and they still do not have my profile. I saved it with AOL then IE in compatibility mode, then in Safari, NONE of them successfully got my profile accepted at BS and that has to happen before you can fill out the tax form and get paid. HEEEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPP!

They could not have made this easy could they like, click here to upload your profile. Why do they need it uploaded anyway as they have allready had it for more than five years.

-Larry

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2010, 08:28 »
Hello,

Larry - if you're having technical problems, have you reached out to Support directly?  Any problems that they find out about are immediately forwarded to our technical team and developers for a resolution.  We always encourage people to pursue technical issues through Support, since that keeps us informed and starts the process of creating any necessary fixes.   There may also be some known alternative options.

http://www.bigstockphoto.com/contactus.html

pling - That one question is answered in our FAQ.  

https://www.bigstockphoto.com/account/tax-center/tax-center-faq.html

Are taxes withheld at the time that the money was earned, or at the time of payout?
Taxes are deducted from your earnings at the time of payout.

As always, we don't regularly monitor these forums - please contact Support with any questions and they'll be happy to help you. That's always the fastest path for a resolution.  We also have a "feedback@" email address for wishes, rants, or general feedback about features (insert bigstock.com to the end of that).   We do read those emails and take all of your feedback under consideration.  Of course, feedback@ isn't the place to send support requests when something's broken.  It's the email address to use when you're keywording photos and something is making you less efficient and you want to let us know.  

Thanks for your continued support.  Everyone has seen the exciting updates we've made in the past few months and there are many more things to come. :)

Best,

Scott
Product Manager
Bigstock
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 08:38 by scottbraut »

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2010, 09:12 »
Hello,

Larry - if you're having technical problems, have you reached out to Support directly?  Any problems that they find out about are immediately forwarded to our technical team and developers for a resolution.  We always encourage people to pursue technical issues through Support, since that keeps us informed and starts the process of creating any necessary fixes.   There may also be some known alternative options.

http://www.bigstockphoto.com/contactus.html

Are taxes withheld at the time that the money was earned, or at the time of payout?

As always, we don't regularly monitor these forums - please contact Support with any questions and they'll be happy to help you. That's always the fastest path for a resolution.  We also have a "feedback@" email address for wishes, rants, or general feedback about features (insert bigstock.com to the end of that).   We do read those emails and take all of your feedback under consideration.  Of course, feedback@ isn't the place to send support requests when something's broken.  It's the email address to use when you're keywording photos and something is making you less efficient and you want to let us know.  

Thanks for your continued support.  Everyone has seen the exciting updates we've made in the past few months and there are many more things to come. :)

Best,

Scott
Product Manager
Bigstock

Thanks!

I finally got it through with the help of support.

-Larry

« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2010, 10:06 »
Hi,

But this didn't answer my question, what I wanna know was my earning for past two month that I haven't request for pay out
will all have to get witholding tax? This is not reasonable right? Should have set a date or start in July earning since you only request us to submit the form this month.
my country wasn't a treaty country it is 30% to me, it's not that I want to make so much noise for this, I am fine to paid tax for the future earning, but not my past earning that before you ask for this tax submission.

Pling

Best,

Scott
Product Manager
Bigstock
[/quote]
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 10:07 by pling »

lisafx

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2010, 10:13 »

I finally got it through with the help of support.

-Larry

Hi Larry. Glad they got it sorted out for you :)

I guess I was lucky I didn't have any problem.  Just filled it out and was approved the next day.