MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Am I doing OK with micro stock?  (Read 37182 times)

RT

« Reply #75 on: July 12, 2010, 17:11 »
I use istockcharts.multimedia.de and, of course, your portfolio information on iStock. If you publish other statistics, I would sure be interested in reading them and would be happy to get them for $.25 ;)

One thing I have trouble figuring out is why photographers think anyone should pay anything for photos -- even iStock prices -- if all information has to be free. Granted, if the information is worthless then you certainly don't want to pay for it. But, if it saves you some time and research maybe it is worth something??? :)

So you use free information sources to collate a report for which you then expect people to pay a fee to read!

As for paying for photos (aware your remark was tongue in cheek) you only pay to use them after having seen them therefore giving the potential buyer an informed opinion as to whether they should pay, but as you agree nobody should pay for worthless information do you offer a full refund to anyone who paid to read your article but then feels that the information was completely worthless to them.  

By the way I've heard a rumour that the Octopus predicts things might pick up once the recession is over - who'd have guessed it  ;)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 17:14 by RT »