MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Hosting my picture library  (Read 5024 times)

« on: January 28, 2007, 15:44 »
I'm looking for a place where to put some specific pictures for sale. Basicly I'm looking for a place where I can have few 1000's of pictures that I can be purchased as any microstock or trad library. But I shall be able to make in some extend my own design of the site, and of course decide on the price. Thsite shall offer on-line payment facilities.
I have a eye on this place
http://www.ifp3.com/index.cfm
That seems to have the features I need, but the design of the web is much too fancy and (as a result) slow.
Anyone having an experience with them or having some other sources?
I have almost decided not to develop my own webside, there are several of software dedicated to selling pictures, but I feel to stupid to cope with those and furthermore compared to the price I will have to pay to have several GB on a server the fee of ifp3 is reasonable.
Thanks for any hint!
jean

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 15:47 »
OK I guess this is maybe not the right place to ask...jean

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 16:16 »
yeah, i don't really know of anything like that. 

there is one guy who is selling a 'stock photogrpahy selling website template' you could purchse that and set it up for yourself.  Not too much to figure out, but a little finiky to use

ktools is the name

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 12:08 »
Thanks for the info, I had a look, this is not what I need: I will search further.
regards, jean

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 12:14 »
if you are up for footing the bill I also remembered last night that myloupe.com has a 'private' sales solution as well, where the sales will go through your website by in the back end, the payment and such will go through the myloupe site.

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2007, 19:01 »
Checkout Smugmug: https://www.smugmug.com

It is fully customisable. No limit on number of photos or storage space. Great forum and quick/ good customer service.  To sell you will need the pro account. I use the power user account and I am a happy customer for about 2 years now.

If you like them, feel free to use my referral code in the 'Referred by' field on the signup form:
qi3v6QCmJsUN2

It will save you 5$ and me a few bucks as well.

Regards,
Thorsten

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2007, 14:26 »
Thank you thorsten, I will have to study thsi in detail and compare with the first, I mentoned in my initial post..jean

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2007, 15:43 »
After having compared the two I finaly went for
http://www.ifp3.com/index.cfm
Now I have used 2 hours and have already a quite pro looking webside. What I need to do now is to download the pictures, this will so be the biggest job. I'm impressed by the interface, everything is quite straightforward and the support very responsive...jean

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2007, 16:45 »
Please keep us updated on how it works out for you.

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2007, 17:44 »
Jean,

From what I understand from their site, they don't have a sales marketing, do they?  I mean, they host your images, the marketing is up to you, right?  They talk about prints, but they make them and send to the buyer, do they?  Again, it's your job to do that, I think.  Nothing wrong with that, the only drawback being that I may not be around when a buyer places an order.

Regards,
Adelaide