pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: My image used for collage on Flickr - fight over copyright...  (Read 31918 times)

« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2010, 14:53 »

« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2010, 15:27 »
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/doingmediastudies/4684752486/#

This one is still up.

Yeah Cathy  >:( They replied with apologies telling me they took the big version off, but i guess they missed this one (takes one extra click now), so mailed them back pointing this one out with a direct link to it...still waiting for a reply.

Thats great click_click! Victory! :D
Pity for his many hours of photoshop, haha!

« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2010, 15:46 »
It will probably come down soon, then.

lisafx

« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2010, 18:19 »

Any news on your stolen images click_click? Did you send a DMCA notice?

Yep, Yahoo just removed the image from Flickr.

All is well.
[/quote]

Congrats Click!  Well done!

Good luck getting yours down too Artemis :)

« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2010, 18:57 »

Any news on your stolen images click_click? Did you send a DMCA notice?

Yep, Yahoo just removed the image from Flickr.

All is well.

Congrats Click!  Well done!

Good luck getting yours down too Artemis :)

I'm glad Yahoo sees it the same way as I do.

« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2010, 19:02 »
A bit off topic maybe, but where can I find that DCMA (?) form?

« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2010, 19:08 »
I don't think so, if you remember my image being stolen and somebody else has that image in his portfolio, so You , FD_regular, Click-Click, Jsnover and some other people from this forum reported it and helped me to take it down. As well I sent a letter to Flicker and they suspended his account.
If somebody puts a clear link here to the photo of the offender on Flickr and a link to the photo on any agency site, I always put a comment on the Flickr photo with the latter link. It's just 30 sec, but I think you can't let your pal down, even if it's just a droplet in the sea.

lisafx

« Reply #57 on: August 04, 2010, 19:10 »
This is the one I have used.  
http://labnol.blogspot.com/2007/09/dmca-notice-of-copyright-infringement.html

FWIW it is DMCA (think it stands for Digital Media Copyright Act), rather than DCMA, which may be why you were having trouble finding it :)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 19:12 by lisafx »

« Reply #58 on: August 04, 2010, 19:14 »

FWIW it is DMCA (think it stands for Digital Media Copyright Act), rather than DCMA, which may be why you were having trouble finding it :)

That should work. Sometimes the different web sites require the individual points numbered as they want the information in a certain order.
Like sometimes they want the digital signature at first, sometimes last etc.

Also if you use Google searching for "DMCA template" you should get what you need.

« Reply #59 on: August 04, 2010, 19:16 »
DMCA = Digital Millennium Copyright Act

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dmca

donding

• Think before you speak
« Reply #60 on: August 04, 2010, 19:17 »
I don't think so, if you remember my image being stolen and somebody else has that image in his portfolio, so You , FD_regular, Click-Click, Jsnover and some other people from this forum reported it and helped me to take it down. As well I sent a letter to Flicker and they suspended his account.

If somebody puts a clear link here to the photo of the offender on Flickr and a link to the photo on any agency site, I always put a comment on the Flickr photo with the latter link. It's just 30 sec, but I think you can't let your pal down, even if it's just a droplet in the sea.

FD You need to put the link on your website so we all know who to contact to find out... ;)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 19:20 by donding »

« Reply #61 on: August 04, 2010, 19:20 »
I'm not a dsyleixc!  :P (only with acronyms - like TFPCDC).  ;)

« Reply #62 on: August 04, 2010, 19:42 »
That should work. Sometimes the different web sites require the individual points numbered as they want the information in a certain order. Like sometimes they want the digital signature at first, sometimes last etc.
Correct. (Thanks!)
Also if you use Google searching for "DMCA template" you should get what you need.
Got it. @Donding: yes of course I will put the links in profile.

lisafx

« Reply #63 on: August 04, 2010, 19:58 »

Darn.  I was so close! 

Mr. Smartypants ;D

« Reply #64 on: August 04, 2010, 19:59 »

Darn.  I was so close! 

Mr. Smartypants ;D

At your service.

« Reply #65 on: August 04, 2010, 23:00 »
I've been using only the "I swear..." paragraph, with perfect results. Before that, I normally describe the infraction and give links to where the images are sold under my name.

« Reply #66 on: August 05, 2010, 06:21 »
I've been using only the "I swear..." paragraph, with perfect results. Before that, I normally describe the infraction and give links to where the images are sold under my name.

That used to work at Fotolia but they require a DMCA claim as mentioned above as well.

Just with your clause you won't get far anymore wherever they ask for a full DMCA claim.

It's important to deliver what the web site owners want otherwise our claims will be delayed significantly.

« Reply #67 on: August 05, 2010, 07:03 »

I think this is a great idea. I don't believe in harassing people that are misusing our photos, but if the link to the "stolen" photo were posted here, we all could post a comment saying that the person is copyright infringing and pointing out their error. Other people will read it, and maybe word will start to get around about the facts of the matter. At least until their page comes down.

« Reply #68 on: August 05, 2010, 09:12 »
I think this is a great idea. I don't believe in harassing people that are misusing our photos, but if the link to the "stolen" photo were posted here, we all could post a comment saying that the person is copyright infringing and pointing out their error. Other people will read it, and maybe word will start to get around about the facts of the matter. At least until their page comes down.

I like your idea, we should start doing that.

« Reply #69 on: August 05, 2010, 10:15 »
At your service.

Thanks to click_clik, the DMCA letter. You can actually find a lot on Google, but the guys I borrowed the templates from are on page 2 or 3.

« Reply #70 on: August 05, 2010, 18:51 »

This one is still up.

This member is no longer active on Flickr.
Aww, all i asked is to take the big version offline. Fixed and more... :)
2 from the 3 down...ashbury church remains unresponsive for now.

« Reply #71 on: August 05, 2010, 22:39 »
In the first and only place from my POW I dont understand why this places like Flicker or Deviant exist???
Lets say that I understand
99% or more creatures of this services are creeps in one or another way.
On Flicker there are 99% of altruistic creeps who just want to eventually somewho see they "marvelous snap images" from they vacation which they dont know to reduce in size, but on Deviant are creeps on square. I think that after you sign up there you got title "Designer" so there are all wanna be designers.
After this more than trivial process we have posts like this in first place...
Anyhow Deviant sux, I think it this deviant creeps are the well of pirated blogs of our images.
So kill wanebe "Deviant site in first plaace"

« Reply #72 on: August 06, 2010, 07:14 »

This one is still up.

This member is no longer active on Flickr.
Aww, all i asked is to take the big version offline. Fixed and more... :)
2 from the 3 down...ashbury church remains unresponsive for now.

Yay!

« Reply #73 on: August 06, 2010, 10:30 »
I dream of a day when Flickr & others will start reminding people they should comply with the IP rules, and even tell N accounts have been closed due to this.  Otherwise I think the culture won't change.  For each account closed there are many with the same type of infraction.

donding

• Think before you speak
« Reply #74 on: August 06, 2010, 10:37 »
I dream of a day when Flickr & others will start reminding people they should comply with the IP rules, and even tell N accounts have been closed due to this.  Otherwise I think the culture won't change.  For each account closed there are many with the same type of infraction.

Exactly. It's always going to be a uphill battle.