pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Refer buyers to YayMicro for 20% comission forever + + +  (Read 16008 times)

« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2010, 23:03 »
One other question - I was just reading the part about the 20% discount given for our referral's first purchase. The way I am reading it, it looks like I am paying for the advertising, not YayMicro:

Thats the best part, you will be able to give customers a 20% discount on all our deals. All referred customers will get a 20% discount on the first purchase, no matter what they buy. This means youll make 20% less on the first sale, but increase the chance of getting a recurring customer. People love discounts.

Am I reading this wrong?

« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2010, 03:20 »
I read it as this:

Normal referral commission: $10 sale x 20% = $2 commission

Referral commission on discount: $10 sale - 20% = $8 sale x 20% = $1.6 commission

« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2010, 06:01 »
I don't know, maybe I'm missing something. I would never have known about this new program had I not come here looking for something else. It seems a little silly to have to go to another site just to find out information about YayMicro. I still liked it better when the forum was where it belonged - on YayMicro. Maybe an alternative to not putting this information on YayMicro would be to at least send email to the contributors so they would know what is going on. For some reason, I'm not getting the notices from this site anymore, either. Not sure why.

I'm not sure if I understood you correctly in a previous post, Linda. Do referrals that we had before this program started count for anything, or do we just lose any benefit from them?

Thanks.

Hi LivingLife!

The program is still in Beta, and we're working on some design changes making it easier to understand how the affiliate process works. In addition, we're still discovering faults and prefer to fix as many as them as possible before going for a full launch of the program. When we do we'll make sure to e-mail all contributors, post about it at the front page etc. You'll also find a link and more information under your account (later, not now.)

The referrals you already have will join the new program, no worries!

Linda :)

« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2010, 06:06 »
One other question - I was just reading the part about the 20% discount given for our referral's first purchase. The way I am reading it, it looks like I am paying for the advertising, not YayMicro:

Thats the best part, you will be able to give customers a 20% discount on all our deals. All referred customers will get a 20% discount on the first purchase, no matter what they buy. This means youll make 20% less on the first sale, but increase the chance of getting a recurring customer. People love discounts.

Am I reading this wrong?

Hi!
We're both taking the cost of the 20%. We are still giving you a 20% commission on the sale, but the sale in dollars will be lower for both parts.

Ex: A sale for $120 without discount would give $120 in to YAY's account. You get a commission of $24, the photographers will get $60, and YAY is left with $36. 
The same sale with discount would give $100 to YAY's account. The photographers still get $60, you get $20 and YAY is left with $20.

When a first-time customer returns they'll pay normal price.

« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2010, 06:24 »
Be careful using the search box though. It has no affiliate reference.

We've fixed this, the new code is:
YAY! Search Stock Photos & Illustrations:

<script type="text/javascript">
   function clearField(thefield) {
       if (thefield.defaultValue==thefield.value)
       thefield.value = ""
   } </script>

<form action="http://yaymicro.com/search.action" method="get">
  <input id="searchbox" name="search.search"
  value="" onfocus="clearField(this)" class="txt"
  type="text" size="40" /><input type="hidden" name="referredBy" value="YOUR_USERNAME"><input type="hidden" name="search.first"
  value="true" />   <input type="image" name="radio"
  src="http://yaymicro.com/images/b_search.gif" id="searchbutton"
  alt="Search" height="20" style="vertical-align:top;" /></form>

As you can see you have to replace YOUR_USERNAME with your actual username.

« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2010, 06:27 »

Am I reading this wrong?

Hi!
We're both taking the cost of the 20%. We are still giving you a 20% commission on the sale, but the sale in dollars will be lower for both parts.

Ex: A sale for $120 without discount would give $120 in to YAY's account. You get a commission of $24, the photographers will get $60, and YAY is left with $36. 
The same sale with discount would give $100 to YAY's account. The photographers still get $60, you get $20 and YAY is left with $20.

When a first-time customer returns they'll pay normal price.

Thanks for clearing that up.  That makes sense and sounds fair.

« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2010, 11:28 »
Yes, thanks so much, Linda. It was late last night when I was reading it. Probably should have waited until this morning.  ;D Will look forward to all the kinks getting worked out. Have been looking for this for a long time now. Appreciate your help.

« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2010, 13:59 »
Linda - Your post here says if you put up a banner in December, you are entered. In the email I got, it said "if you add an affiliate link and banner today". I have two questions. Okay, guys, don't laugh too hard. Sometimes, I need to have a picture drawn for me. LOL!

• Am I going to be disqualified because my banner went up on November 30, not in December?
  • Do I need an "affiliate link" (i.e., a text link) and a banner, or does the banner suffice? The email said "and".

Thanks!

« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2010, 14:03 »
Linda - Your post here says if you put up a banner in December, you are entered. In the email I got, it said "if you add an affiliate link and banner today". I have two questions. Okay, guys, don't laugh too hard. Sometimes, I need to have a picture drawn for me. LOL!

• Am I going to be disqualified because my banner went up on November 30, not in December?
  • Do I need an "affiliate link" (i.e., a text link) and a banner, or does the banner suffice? The email said "and".

Thanks!

Hi!

You'll get it if you put it up in December - or today! ;) We add every link, username and e-mail to the list, making sure everyone get a change to win the iPad. The bonus should be on your account by the end of tomorrow.

A banner with a link is what we're looking for, the one you sent me was perfect!

Cheers,

« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2010, 14:20 »
Great! Thanks, Linda.