MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Does Shutterstock Employ Resellers?  (Read 3746 times)

« on: February 05, 2011, 03:50 »
I'm pretty much out of the microstock loop these days but do try and keep up with a few things. Am I missing something here? Is shutterstock now using a reseller? I have been on SS for a long time but have never known them to employ a reseller. See the link

http://www.ilovestockphoto.com/category/fooddrink/

I was doing some research on a particular shooter to possibly hire and stumbled on this by chance.

The only thing I can think of otherwise is that this is some indie grabbing photos and linking to try and live off referral income. It looks like they are hotlinking the images right from the major sites.

Well just thought I would bring this to someone's attention. As the page sits now for the food and drink category, looks like one of Lisa Young's images on there and being linked to Dreamstime.

Well just FYI for anyone who wishes to pursue.  
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 03:56 by stormchaser »

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 05:27 »
I'm pretty much out of the microstock loop these days but do try and keep up with a few things. Am I missing something here? Is shutterstock now using a reseller? I have been on SS for a long time but have never known them to employ a reseller. See the link

http://www.ilovestockphoto.com/category/fooddrink/

This is just a referral link, not a reseller. It's legitimate as far as I know.
I am not aware that SS uses any real resellers, like FT and DT do.

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 06:15 »
Well I think it's crass that one posts' another's work and take a free ride off of it. Plus the hotlinking to SS - I thought there was something in the TOS about that. He's even got MicahelDB's bio on his "site". Just do a search.