pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: My portfolio at the Art of Business Cards  (Read 11338 times)

« on: October 26, 2010, 16:44 »
I've finally completed all the steps and uploaded several templates.  Now, waiting for the sales!

http://www.printbusinesscards.com/ordering/Maria-Adelaide-Silva-Business-Cards.php

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 17:13 »
Nice! You know I had totally forgotten about this site.  I only have 15 designs up form several years ago but I still get a sale here and there.  May be time to go back and freshen up the designs there.  I remember the people who run this site being quite nice to work with.

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 17:17 »
Those are really nice. Hopefully I get around to doing mine soon!

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 05:21 »
I have a port of around 70 images on there from a year ago and have gotten around 10 sales in total so far.  I just recently threw a few more in my port as it's a nice change from the regular stock stuff to work on.  I wish you much success over there!

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 09:57 »
Thanks all, and it's worth to upload the designs also at Zazzle.  I've just sold two sets of this one (which in fact I didn't think might sell):

http://www.zazzle.com/fire_sprinkler_business_card-240520651550901003

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 12:16 »
Hi how do you go about contributing designs to this site?

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2010, 17:07 »
Hi how do you go about contributing designs to this site?

Submissions are from this site:
http://www.theartofbusinesscards.com/
after you complete all steps, your templates will appear in several sites.

donding

• Think before you speak
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2010, 17:53 »
I've finally completed all the steps and uploaded several templates.  Now, waiting for the sales!

http://www.printbusinesscards.com/ordering/Maria-Adelaide-Silva-Business-Cards.php

Those are great looking templates. You ought to get a lot of sales with those.

This is still my favorite site and I always get sales there. I've got 500+ templates and am still uploading. I have to admit, the way microstock is going now I'd sure rather get $5.00 per download and $20.00 per art file than get the buck or two with microstock. And the good thing is you don't have to ask for your money....it's sent out the third Wednesday of every month no matter the amount. Tim's a really nice guy and is easy to work with.

LSD72

• My Bologna has a first name...
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2010, 18:30 »
I am up to about 80 templates now. It may not sell like hotcakes but how easy they make everything is what I like about them. If you got a problem.. you dont just email an office... you email Tim and he can take care of the problem. Very Contributor Friendly.

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2010, 10:42 »
 Thanks madelaide  :-X

TimMc

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2010, 14:56 »
Just wanted to let everyone know that Madelaide's first sale occurred last night on our site! ;D

Congrats Madelaide! Thanks for being part of our community.

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2010, 15:18 »
Tim, you were faster than me to spread the good news!   ;D

TimMc

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2010, 15:25 »
I hope it's okay that I beat you in sharing the great news...I was just excited to see that your first one sold!

Not bad considering your portfolio was just published about 3 weeks ago.

:)

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2010, 15:35 »
It's exciting Tim, I hope I will be able to upload some more soon. I've been following the requests, but doesn't have anything on those themes.

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2010, 10:27 »
Congratulations Madelaide! I was going to try to get things going with them quite some time ago but couldn't. I don't have software to convert to cmyk. Is that still the requirement, or can you submit files in sRGB or RBG?

« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2011, 19:01 »
Thanks! And I closed the year with a new sale! :D

Yes, we have to submit in CMYK, what for me represents one more step, as I can not do it properly from PSP. I prepare the template in PSP, then I copy it and paste it to a blank template in AI, which I then export as CMYK TIFF.

There was recently a thread discussing other ways of doing this, even a software that can do this conversion, but I can not find it!

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2011, 19:32 »

Yes, we have to submit in CMYK, what for me represents one more step, as I can not do it properly from PSP. I prepare the template in PSP, then I copy it and paste it to a blank template in AI, which I then export as CMYK TIFF.

There was recently a thread discussing other ways of doing this, even a software that can do this conversion, but I can not find it!

I think it is the FastStone image resizer, it converts batches to CMYK and changes to DPI 300 at the same time. Very handy, and runs in Linux under Wine as well for those who use Linux.

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2011, 18:36 »
Madelaide, I have been following your experiences, and others on here and have consequently signed up for TAOBC

http://www.printbusinesscards.com/ordering/Nigel-Spooner-Business-Cards.php

Thanks for sharing your experiences and helping contributors to make informed choices.

p.s the fast stone image viewer seems to sort out the CMYK issue perfectly
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 18:39 by sponner »

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2011, 19:03 »
Glad to know I helped you, Nigel. All the best at ABC.

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2011, 19:10 »

I think it is the FastStone image resizer, it converts batches to CMYK and changes to DPI 300 at the same time. Very handy, and runs in Linux under Wine as well for those who use Linux.

I just downloaded FastStone image resizer. I took an old business card that I have on my Zazzle site and did the CMYK conversion. The only problem I have with it is that the colors are very dull and nowhere as good as the original. I tried the option they have for revising the image in the program, and it lets you supposedly see what the changes are going to look like. Looked pretty good on the screen, but when I did the conversion there didn't appear to be any change to it. If anyone here has any experience with this program, I'd love to communicate with you about it. I use PSE5, do not have AI, so I'm a little limited here. Would appreciate any help I could get with this. On second thought, would it be better to start a new thread under software?