pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Is it still alive???  (Read 21302 times)

LSD72

• My Bologna has a first name...
« on: October 29, 2010, 09:37 »
I went back and checked my sales at Bigstock since the SS buyout. I have had a total of 4 sales there since then. WTH?

Where is this marketing push from SS that The Admins have been claiming was coming since January? I dont see it. I upload the same stuff there that I do with SS. I think it was Warren Price that mentioned it took him 2 years to reach payout. A Payout of $50.

I just need $19 more to make payout then they are on the chopping block for me.. so maybe 1 1/2 years from now I can get my $50? Just disappointing.

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 09:38 »
I went back and checked my sales at Bigstock since the SS buyout. I have had a total of 4 sales there since then. WTH?

Where is this marketing push from SS that The Admins have been claiming was coming since January? I dont see it. I upload the same stuff there that I do with SS. I think it was Warren Price that mentioned it took him 2 years to reach payout. A Payout of $50.

I just need $19 more to make payout then they are on the chopping block for me.. so maybe 1 1/2 years from now I can get my $50? Just disappointing.

DEAD!

m@m

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 09:57 »
I'm $0.50 away from a payout and not one sale this month to be able to cash in ???...maybe they should be call BIG DEAD instead of Big Stock :P

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 10:01 »
I reach about 2-3 payouts per year there. Sales for October are a little bit up compared to September, but nothing to brag about. And then I have about 2-3 month per year where there is a spike in sales.

WarrenPrice

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 10:29 »

Yep!  It took two years to reach the $50 payout.  That was very frustrating since it was increased from $30 after I started.  I guess ALL the sites reserve the right to change the rules anytime they feel like it.   >:(

BUT ... I'm really on a roll now; $17.50 since that June 22 payout.   ::) :o ;D

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2010, 10:32 »
BIG DEAD indeed

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2010, 10:48 »

Yep!  It took two years to reach the $50 payout.  That was very frustrating since it was increased from $30 after I started.  I guess ALL the sites reserve the right to change the rules anytime they feel like it.   >:(

BUT ... I'm really on a roll now; $17.50 since that June 22 payout.   ::) :o ;D

My total is on 85$, in BigStock since April 09

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2010, 11:12 »
I tried uploading 3 times yesterday. Everytime I finished, I would get an error. Lovely.

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2010, 11:26 »
I've never done  well there but it doesn't seem to be getting any worse than normal.

helix7

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2010, 11:55 »
Having a BME there. Not sure why I'm having luck when it sounds like no one else is.

RT

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2010, 11:56 »
I've never done  well there but it doesn't seem to be getting any worse than normal.

+1

microstockphoto.co.uk

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2010, 12:04 »
sales are stable, but very low unfortunately
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 12:06 by microstockphoto.co.uk »

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2010, 13:27 »
Sales are quite stable, a payout every month.
However, all my middle tier sites (BigStock, 123RF, CanStockPhoto) are doing worse this month
than in September. Veer is within low earners for me.

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2010, 14:54 »
Having a BME there. Not sure why I'm having luck when it sounds like no one else is.

I'm not having any BMEs, but since SS bought and they did the redesign of the site and did some advertising, I have had one payout and I'm about halfway to another. Nothing earthshattering, but far from dead for me. And I haven't been doing any new uploading for a few months, either.

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2010, 16:04 »
Since the buyout, my sales have dramatically increased.  This month has been an exception, though.  Sales are way down. 

lisafx

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2010, 16:14 »

I had a BME there last month.  Not quite on track for another this month, but sales are steady for me.  Not sure why so many are seeing sales drops.  

My long dry season there was at the beginning of this year.  Things picked up when they were bought out. 
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 16:16 by lisafx »

LSD72

• My Bologna has a first name...
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2010, 17:25 »
Well, I am glad some of you are getting something out of them. For me, I was starting to gain a little momentum before SS bought them. After that it was like my sales fell off a cliff while still selling at SS with the same photos.

In their forums, the Admin said wait for the Marketing Push. Now I see ads for SS, IS, CS... but have yet to even see one single Ad for BS on these website I go to. I just wonder what kinda of push was it supposed to be.

Maybe Dawn will pop up out of nowhere again with some information.

I probably should have put in a poll for a easier look at who is doing good vs. who is not.

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2010, 18:37 »
July/August/September were very slow months for me there, but now it's normal.  Slow, but steady, 4th place in the micros as usual (after IS/DT/FT and light-years ahead of 123RF). Actually almost equal to DT this month, but it's more DT's problem that BigStock's success.

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2010, 19:13 »
July/August/September were very slow months for me there, but now it's normal.  Slow, but steady, 4th place in the micros as usual (after IS/DT/FT and light-years ahead of 123RF). Actually almost equal to DT this month, but it's more DT's problem that BigStock's success.

4th place is something.. too bad BigStock perform this way for me :P... I can say that it is light years from 123RF :P

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2010, 21:09 »
I've had a much better than average month at BigStock. I'm hoping I'll be able to keep up the good momentum for Nov. It's up and down month to month for me there, very unpredictable.

donding

• Think before you speak
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2010, 21:21 »
I used to have pretty regular sales there before the takeover...but now I get one every now and then. Their review process takes longer than any other site...besides Veer..

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2010, 22:02 »
I used to have pretty regular sales there before the takeover...but now I get one every now and then. Their review process takes longer than any other site...besides Veer..

thats a new one at least for me... less than 24h never had more..

rubyroo

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2010, 05:29 »
I wouldn't say I've seen a drop overall - but I've certainly never seen the much-hoped for increases since Shutterstock took over.  If anything, sales went down for months after the takeover, and have picked up to more normal levels in the last few moths.

It would be great to get an official update of some sort, as the intro to the takeover held such promise.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 05:31 by rubyroo »

donding

• Think before you speak
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2010, 17:53 »

Which one Veer or Bigstock? As for Bigstock, they use to be fast but haven't been for me for awhile.

Probably a difference in portfolio's....yours is much more impressive than mine... ;)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 17:55 by donding »

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2010, 19:31 »

Which one Veer or Bigstock? As for Bigstock, they use to be fast but haven't been for me for awhile.

Probably a difference in portfolio's....yours is much more impressive than mine... ;)

far from impressive...! BigStock always less than one day