pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Unacceptable review times at Veer  (Read 23091 times)

« on: November 04, 2010, 07:25 »
May I ask what sort of turn around you Guys have to getting your work up on Veer, just wondering if it is worth staying with it or if I am wasting my time there as I said in another thread.....

I am rapidly loosing heart at Veer and in fact stopped working on key-wording as my second batch ( following application) of around 30 Images have been pending for around 6 weeks now which is totally unacceptable imo regardless of any promotions etc

Shame I had high hopes after getting all my application 10 Files approved the same day

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 07:37 »
yes the times there are too long since the dash for cash thing. I also have images in the que for 5 weeks now, ant many are christmas shots, hopefully they will be reviewed fot 2011 chrstmas season  :-[

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 08:18 »
Does seem slow when I thought they had finished going through the promotion images.  I'm not bothered though, slow reviews don't concern me, as long as they continue to improve sales.  Some sites review my images quickly but seem to have problems selling them.  I will give up on them first.

microstockphoto.co.uk

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 08:27 »
Sales are decent for a relatively new site, that's the only thing that matters to me. Slow reviews are a minor annoyance, I wouldn't leave for that reason alone.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 08:31 by microstockphoto.co.uk »

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 10:59 »
what sort of turn around you Guys have to getting your work up on Veer
I really don't care. I upload when I have time and forget about it. Veer does generate some sales this is all I am interested to know (taking into account the sales aren't very high).

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 11:08 »
Well I would not be normally bothered about review times either if I had a resonably established Portfolio there, however with all of my 10 application Images  ;)

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2010, 13:07 »
I'm having consistent sales since august.
Diego

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2010, 20:01 »
I think the review times will improve when, as arquiplay77, said, the dash for cash backlog is finally out of the way. I do vectors and don't really submit that many images, but I have over 100 pending at Veer, and have had for a long time.

My Veer sales there are inconsistent, up and down, but I think in the long run up.  Veer's site has improved immensely since its inception. Uploading vectors is easy, viewing stats has improved, and the site looks good overall. They appear to be in the race for the long haul and capable of doing what it takes to improve.

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2010, 23:33 »
I get approved often within 24 hours, sometimes within 2 hours at SS. And downloads often within minutes of approval. So, yes, I'm frustrated with Veer's approval time. Competitive-wise Veer is missing having fresh images in a timely manner. Why search Veer when buyers can see new images on all the other sites weeks or months ahead of Veer? It smacks of discovering leftovers in the fridge that have turned blue weeks before.

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2010, 23:34 »
I just had all 20 of my pending images submitted Sept 14 approved today.  Sales there are picking up so I really have no complaints. I'd rather have reviewers take 6 weeks and actually accept my images than say Fotolia who endeavours to reject the vast majority of my images for silly reasons.

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2010, 04:07 »
I get approved often within 24 hours, sometimes within 2 hours at SS. And downloads often within minutes of approval. So, yes, I'm frustrated with Veer's approval time. Competitive-wise Veer is missing having fresh images in a timely manner. Why search Veer when buyers can see new images on all the other sites weeks or months ahead of Veer? It smacks of discovering leftovers in the fridge that have turned blue weeks before.
I see them more like istock than SS and new images don't sell much with istock.  I don't upload to istock anymore but it wouldn't of made much difference in the past few years if they had 6 week reviews.  It doesn't seem to put their buyers off.

It would be good if they could prioritize seasonal images, perhaps that's something they could do if this review delay persists.

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2010, 05:17 »
Well I have had all of two sales so far from my initial application shots lol

What size Port do you Guys have over there or had before you noticed pleasing results?

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2010, 17:16 »
I got an email from Veer today saying they're working on reducing the review waiting times and have now reduced the weekly upload limit to 50 from 100.  I have a port of around 700 images there and am averaging around 15.00/ month in sales.

microstockphoto.co.uk

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2010, 22:06 »
have now reduced the weekly upload limit to 50 from 100

I knew we shouldn't have complained  :)

rubyroo

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2010, 22:47 »
I knew we shouldn't have complained  :)

:D

I'm sure it's a good thing if it gets the queue moving, and that they'll switch back once they're all caught up again.  (Hope so anyway!)

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2010, 23:57 »
I can barely upload 5 - 6 new images a week. Personally, I'm not affected by the new limits.
But I can't help feeling a bit disappointed.
I like Veer very much and want them to do well, climb up there, but this is not the way to do it.
The world of microstock is fast, a super-fast, continuously moving highway of fresh, new images.
To keep up with it, and be able to compete Veer needs more reviewers.
There's just no denying. More reviewers.

Well, let's keep positive and look at the bright side.
My inspection times at Veer used to be longer than 3 months. That's right, over 3 months in pending.  
Nowadays my images get inspected in half the time.
It's progress.
I'm not giving them up, I'll keep uploading and I hope most of you do too :)
Hopefully, they'll get there. One day ...  

Dook

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2010, 01:11 »
That's really a good point. Maybe it's one of the main reasons why SS is number one.

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2010, 03:13 »
A most welcome email .....

they needed to do something ;) rather get fresher content up there in reasonable time and the 50 cap is adequate for me anyway

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2010, 20:12 »
Well, I'm not so sure ...
Having a 100 / week limit is already quite restricting, (think of the big ports out there), reducing it further to 50/week is a desperate measure for a desperate time.
They need more reviewers.
Hopefully they'll get them one day and Veer inspection times will come in line with all the other big agencies.

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2010, 11:51 »
Well, I'm not so sure ...
Having a 100 / week limit is already quite restricting, (think of the big ports out there), reducing it further to 50/week is a desperate measure for a desperate time.
They need more reviewers.
Hopefully they'll get them one day and Veer inspection times will come in line with all the other big agencies.

From a selfish point of view, 50 is more than enough for me. And I'm ok with the reduction, maybe it will slow the factories down a little and not bury my stuff so quickly.  :)

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2010, 12:01 »
It's really bad timing for Veer and for us.  With a lot of iStockers dropping exclusivity as I did, now is not the time to have 1-2 month review times.  It's going to discourage many of us to continue uploading to Veer when there are so many other sites which we need to get our files on to.

Veer might rank ahead of Bigstock in our poll results.  But I've had a portion of my portfolio on Bigstock for 3 weeks and have been getting semi-regular sales.  So I continue to feed them.  It's been 3 weeks since I uploaded to Veer and absolutely nothing is happening.  I'm not mad about it.  I'm not even impatient over it.  But my last batches have been uploaded to the other sites but not to Veer, because I know I'm not going to see returns for the effort.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 12:04 by djpadavona »

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2010, 12:07 »
This is the email I received from Veer in full:

Were thrilled at the response weve seen from contributors over the past few months great content continues to pour in, and were seeing high levels of new account registrations.

We know that reasonable service times are a key component of our commitment to you. We want to get our service times down to 7-10 days soon. We know the faster your images get on the site, the faster you can start to earn royalties.

As youve recently seen, we have faced challenges in reducing our editing time after the Veer Dash for Cash promotion. We have more than doubled the size of our editing capacity and worked to improve the teams efficiency. But this has not been enough in light of all the increased interest.

Starting this week, well be reducing weekly submission limits to 50 images, and will maintain this reduced level until our editing time is back to normal. Were also exploring other solutions to help keep our ingestion and editing system balanced in the long term.

We recognize that many of you are still working to build up your portfolios, and we want you to continue. But we also want your content to appear on veer.com more quickly. We can achieve this by reducing the weekly submission rates.

We look forward to seeing more of your content online quickly in the near future.

Thanks,

The Veer Contributor Team

7-10 days is still on the long end for MS agencies but I'll gladly take it.  Sounds like the 50/week limit is only temporary anyway.

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2010, 16:51 »
Approval Times are increasing in the last weeks for me and still keep being fair, best approval rate of all majors so far. However what is most important for me: Sales keep improving in the last weeks - so far definitely a Site I'll keep uploading to!

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2010, 13:20 »
For heavans sake still awaiting reviews even after that email cutting lupload imits

C'MON VEER! hire more staff or somthing but waiting over 2 months?

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2010, 11:49 »
I've had some in queue there for 6 weeks. I guess Veer doesn't factor in image freshness as an advantage in the micro-wars. There is a "newest" search function on other sites for some reason. When SS is approving images in hours and selling them immediately you'd think someone with a competitive brain over at Veer would take notice. You'd think an ad push of "Newest images in stock photography!" would get some notice.

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2010, 13:34 »
I had a submission in the queue for about 4-5 weeks. Reviewed them yesterday with a high acceptance rate so they are chipping away at the backlog...

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2010, 09:21 »
I applied back in Sept. All but one image were rejected, leaving me to believe that they weren't serious about taking new contributors. Brian sent me a PM asking me to try again. I uploaded 10 new images, but I'm still waiting for the results of that upload. I'm really wondering if this is a legit site. 2 months and still no word about an initial upload of images the site owner asked me to resend.

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2010, 13:13 »
I started uploading to Veer 6 weeks ago and still haven't had a single image reviewed.  So I'm uploading elsewhere.  If I ever get some images accepted there and start to see sales, I'll get interested again.  Until then time is money.

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2010, 17:46 »
It doesn't matter if they don't sell anyway.  My 600 images have produced two sales in the past three months.  On SS 1000 sales, and hundreds on IS, DT, FT.  I've only been in microstock for two years, but I've shot stock seriously for 25 years.  I know my pics sell, but not through Veer.  Either their market or their price or something.  They don't sell for me.

donding

• Think before you speak
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2010, 18:47 »
Same as tomasfoto....I've had a total of 4 sales since I joined with the dash for cash. Same shots...good sales everywhere else, just not there. I have the same problem with 123RF. I've got 30 pics sitting in the pending pen since Oct 16th. I just don't upload any more, same as 123RF.

« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2010, 11:02 »
I do see some sales.. but the pending review time is really too exaggerated, i thought all the review for 'dash for cash' should have been done?since we all got paid.

I want to push this sites, but all images are pending..what i can do?even my christmas images will be too late.

I hope at least veer can give some updates like how long the pending time, and what is their progress after 'dash for cash'..

« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2010, 09:17 »
Going on 4 months waiting for my initial 10 to be reviewed.

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2010, 21:14 »
That's definitely not good news.
I remember when Brian personally asked Azure to send her images for evaluation. Months ago.
And it's so strange because this kind of thing shouldn't be happening at Veer at all.
They're far from being your average newcomer but unfortunately they can't seem to be able to control their inspection times.
Well, there's nothing more we can do except wait and hope that photographers don't become so frustrated that they abandon the agency for good.
That would bad news for all of us.

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2010, 21:32 »
For what it's worth I received a PM noting that the second batch had been approved since Oct. They just never sent me a notice about it. When I signed up I unchecked "email me offers, newsletters and cool stuff." This apparently turns off all email - including notifications that your images have been approved/rejected.

My particular account is having the added issue of being stuck in a loop. I can only get to the account page - where it tells you how to buy credits. There is no link to the workspace or dashboard. There trying to figure that one out.

« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2010, 21:49 »
Ah, OK Azure :)
I understand now and it makes me feel a bit better.  I like them, you know :)
By the way, I don't receive notification emails either, but I have no problems in navigating the site and checking my stats.
You need to get your account fixed before you start uploading more.
Here's to faster review times for all of us and good luck :)

« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2010, 10:03 »
For what it's worth I received a PM noting that the second batch had been approved since Oct. They just never sent me a notice about it. When I signed up I unchecked "email me offers, newsletters and cool stuff." This apparently turns off all email - including notifications that your images have been approved/rejected.

My particular account is having the added issue of being stuck in a loop. I can only get to the account page - where it tells you how to buy credits. There is no link to the workspace or dashboard. There trying to figure that one out.

Looks like you got a double whammy.

While they are trying to figure things out, I wish they could figure out how to get images through the q in a shorter time.  ::)

donding

• Think before you speak
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2010, 21:23 »
I think some of the problem may be that since the uproar at iStock they are getting even more submissions and they weren't really caught up with the Dash for Cash yet when that all happened.

eggshell

« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2010, 05:18 »
My average review time is 6-7 weeks . They can't be planning to successfully compete with the other agencies with that sort of delay . Dash for cash ended June 30 , we're in december now . The backlog excuse shouldn't even be mentioned , that's embarassing

lagereek

« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2010, 11:57 »
Frankly I dont understand how on earth a new site expect to stay alive and expect photographers to wait weeks on end for uploads to get reviewed. In my experience this will last for six months, then the established stock-photographer will pack up and leave.

rubyroo

« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2010, 12:04 »
I've been pretty patient and understanding about the Veer backlog - but I don't understand why they didn't find a way to push Christmas stock through as a priority, to ensure that all our fresh imagery hit it's market this year.

« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2010, 16:46 »
seems to me to be stupid that at a time of people trying to get into new agencies with the Istock screw ups that Veer is incapable of reviewing images and pushing their company forward. A real wasted opportunity. It is the sort of thing that long term can make the difference between success and failure for them. I have over two hundred images waiting for almost two months now. I am not in a hurry to waste further effort uploading.

« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2010, 19:59 »
seems to me to be stupid that at a time of people trying to get into new agencies with the Istock screw ups that Veer is incapable of reviewing images and pushing their company forward. A real wasted opportunity. It is the sort of thing that long term can make the difference between success and failure for them. I have over two hundred images waiting for almost two months now. I am not in a hurry to waste further effort uploading.

Ditto.
Already two hundred images that I've been uploading since November 2nd. It's frustrating because some of my Christmas images will be wasted.
Hopefully, the ones about Easter will be reviewed in time... :/

bittersweet

« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2010, 20:50 »
I had some Thanksgiving ones make it through today. Woo hoo!  :D

lisafx

« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2010, 11:32 »
Veer is doing a great job clearing their backlog.  Just had all my waiting files inspected over the past several days.  Thanks a lot guys!  :D

« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2010, 14:00 »
I am finding their site very ssslloowww today. And I guess they haven't gotten to me yet in the q, I'm still showing 23 pending, from Nov. 9.

In the good news dept., I had some ELs sell and now actually qualify for a payout!

« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2010, 14:51 »
Veer is doing a great job clearing their backlog.  Just had all my waiting files inspected over the past several days.  Thanks a lot guys!  :D

You're welcome! Our editors are working hard to catch-up as much as we can before the New Year.

« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2011, 02:53 »
Hi everyone,

I was wondering what the current review times at Veer are?  I uploaded some new vector illustrations over two weeks ago, and was hoping that review times were better now.  But since it's been more than 2 weeks, I am starting to get the feeling this might not be the case... 

Inge

« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2011, 02:59 »
Last review of my vector illustrations took 17 days.

« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2011, 04:24 »
Thanks for letting me know.  If that is still the case, then mine could be reviewed any day now. 

I like Veer and its upload process, but the review times have been keeping me from submitting there for quite some time.

« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2011, 20:26 »
My first 10 for Veer have been sitting in review since April 2nd - so 16 days so far.  Not very encouraging.

Will all following submissions take as long as the initial 10? :-\

« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2011, 00:11 »
I've got pending from 3-30, but one approved from 4-06. I wouldn't hold your breath. I sort of consider submissions there a fire and forget sort of deal. Better sales than BS though.

« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2011, 02:16 »
I don't know about initial review times, but it took them about 18-20 days to review my last batch of illustrations.

« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2011, 21:15 »
Finally -  I guess 17 days was the right number for me.  10 out of 10 approved.  I guess I was worried for nothing.

Now, lets see how it performs...

« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2014, 22:04 »
+2
I have been selling microstock images since 2010, I started with Istockphoto which still keeps me in high standing as an exclusive seller of flash. I sell photos on Istockphoto as well. I sell very well on Shutterstock and Vectorstock with my vectors.

Veer looked at my images, the best ones I had, it took them about five minutes to review them and told me that they were not the kind of work that would appeal to their sophisticated and savvy customer.

I find the comment conceited and unprofessional. Other sites, would explain to me what they look for in content and how to improve, they would be kind or instructional on what to do or how to fix what I had. This site, basically told me I was just "not good enough" and should look elsewhere. My only conclusion is that this company must only want whats new and hip. If they continue to act this way they will alienate customers who also look for timelessness and content that is not transient. 

I looked at some of the pieces on their site that they refer to as groundbreaking work. It reminded me of the early 60's illustrations for cartoons, like the pink panther. There is nothing new or groundbreaking about copying what has been done before.

I also do not have the time or energy to change my style or to come up with elaborate illustrations for them, that they can sell for 25 cents. If I had the time for that I would sell to publications that pay a reasonable fee for art. 

If microstock companies in general were smart they would stop micro-managing the content and accept more styles and content and make more money, they seemed to forget that they are the wholesalers of art like Walmart. They are not art agents, they are not art dealers, they are not top agencies. I find this increasing "snobbiness" that has developed over the past 4 years with these companies, rude, insensitve and totally out of place for what they do. They need to put their pedestrian clothes back on instead of the armani suits and accept their place in the grand scheme of things. For artists out there, don't forget there is a good paying market in publishing, they pay a reasonable wage for your work, not pennies.  The highest price I have been payed is $350 -$1500 per illustration. Don't stop with micro-snobs.

« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2014, 12:50 »
+1
previous comment is from April 19, 2011
 8)