pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Unacceptable review times at Veer  (Read 23062 times)

« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2011, 00:11 »
I've got pending from 3-30, but one approved from 4-06. I wouldn't hold your breath. I sort of consider submissions there a fire and forget sort of deal. Better sales than BS though.

« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2011, 02:16 »
I don't know about initial review times, but it took them about 18-20 days to review my last batch of illustrations.

« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2011, 21:15 »
Finally -  I guess 17 days was the right number for me.  10 out of 10 approved.  I guess I was worried for nothing.

Now, lets see how it performs...

« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2014, 22:04 »
+2
I have been selling microstock images since 2010, I started with Istockphoto which still keeps me in high standing as an exclusive seller of flash. I sell photos on Istockphoto as well. I sell very well on Shutterstock and Vectorstock with my vectors.

Veer looked at my images, the best ones I had, it took them about five minutes to review them and told me that they were not the kind of work that would appeal to their sophisticated and savvy customer.

I find the comment conceited and unprofessional. Other sites, would explain to me what they look for in content and how to improve, they would be kind or instructional on what to do or how to fix what I had. This site, basically told me I was just "not good enough" and should look elsewhere. My only conclusion is that this company must only want whats new and hip. If they continue to act this way they will alienate customers who also look for timelessness and content that is not transient. 

I looked at some of the pieces on their site that they refer to as groundbreaking work. It reminded me of the early 60's illustrations for cartoons, like the pink panther. There is nothing new or groundbreaking about copying what has been done before.

I also do not have the time or energy to change my style or to come up with elaborate illustrations for them, that they can sell for 25 cents. If I had the time for that I would sell to publications that pay a reasonable fee for art. 

If microstock companies in general were smart they would stop micro-managing the content and accept more styles and content and make more money, they seemed to forget that they are the wholesalers of art like Walmart. They are not art agents, they are not art dealers, they are not top agencies. I find this increasing "snobbiness" that has developed over the past 4 years with these companies, rude, insensitve and totally out of place for what they do. They need to put their pedestrian clothes back on instead of the armani suits and accept their place in the grand scheme of things. For artists out there, don't forget there is a good paying market in publishing, they pay a reasonable wage for your work, not pennies.  The highest price I have been payed is $350 -$1500 per illustration. Don't stop with micro-snobs.

« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2014, 12:50 »
+1
previous comment is from April 19, 2011
 8)