pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: You want property releases for what....????!!!!  (Read 3905 times)

CD123

« on: November 17, 2010, 19:22 »
Please, please help me here. I am a contributor to Dreamstime, Fotolia and Cutcuster. I have tried to get registered with Veer & 123RF. Both rejected my photos/illustrations with the same type of remark "Based on these 10 images, we can't offer you contributor privileges at this time. Property release required for this artwork. "
The illustrations are of, amongst others, leaves, wild animals, unmanned sailboats (no human structures in sight on these) and London Bridge (do I need to get a release from her Majesty?)?
Am I missing the point somewhere - please help!

jbarber873

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 19:31 »
Please, please help me here. I am a contributor to Dreamstime, Fotolia and Cutcuster. I have tried to get registered with Veer & 123RF. Both rejected my photos/illustrations with the same type of remark "Based on these 10 images, we can't offer you contributor privileges at this time. Property release required for this artwork. "
The illustrations are of, amongst others, leaves, wild animals, unmanned sailboats (no human structures in sight on these) and London Bridge (do I need to get a release from her Majesty?)?

I saw a thread somewhere where the wild animals shots were assumed to be from a zoo, and a property release was being requested. Perhaps the sailboats were custom made or a proprietary design? Were there identifying numbers on the hull? They go over this stuff in minute detail, in order to head off any potential problems down the road. I'm not saying that they don't get a little crazy with it, but that's just how it is. At least they didn't detect any "artifacts", and the focus was located where they felt it should be. That's a good sign!

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 19:34 »

I saw a thread somewhere where the wild animals shots were assumed to be from a zoo, and a property release was being requested. Perhaps the sailboats were custom made or a proprietary design? Were there identifying numbers on the hull? They go over this stuff in minute detail, in order to head off any potential problems down the road. I'm not saying that they don't get a little crazy with it, but that's just how it is. At least they didn't detect any "artifacts", and the focus was located where they felt it should be. That's a good sign!

I didn't realize that illustrations of animals or illustrations of any kind needed property releases. Hmmm.

jbarber873

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 20:27 »

I didn't realize that illustrations of animals or illustrations of any kind needed property releases. Hmmm.
   I was thinking in terms of a photograph. Someone had shot a lion or tiger or something, and they assumed it was from a zoo, though the person said it was from an animal in the wild. I guess wild animals have no intellectual property rights ;D

CD123

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 00:53 »
Ok, Ok, now even I understand (thanks to a reply from 123RF). The artist need to supply the property release (being the creator - which is me). So I need to supply and authorize it!