pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: MicrostockSubmitter - easy submit to multiple stocks.  (Read 72137 times)

« Reply #125 on: December 02, 2010, 11:18 »
Here is my test so far with model release:

No push, model release attached:Shutterstock,Fotolia,Dreamstime,DepositPhoto,Veer, Canstockphoto,Bigstockphoto

Push and upload model release: Stockfresh,Scanstockphoto,Yaymicro,Zoonar

GLO do not work for me, BigStock not so stable

Custom ftp would be nice indeed:) and more no push model release attached:)

« Reply #126 on: December 02, 2010, 13:46 »
Sorry, what do you mean by "push" and "no push"?

« Reply #127 on: December 02, 2010, 14:05 »
push: go on the stockphoto website to process ftp files

« Reply #128 on: December 03, 2010, 00:46 »
For those interested I posted a new article on my blog regarding distribution tools:
http://microstockexperiment.blogspot.com/2010/12/new-distribution-tools.html

« Reply #129 on: December 03, 2010, 09:10 »
Puh, now its working  ;D I had to uninstall .NET completely and reinstall the latest version.
I dont know why but something was defect.

« Reply #130 on: December 03, 2010, 13:59 »
I think you had compact edition of framework, it doesn't contain some assemblies required by StockSubmitter.

Good to hear it's working for you now :).

« Reply #131 on: December 03, 2010, 17:27 »
good job, I like this software and have already recommanded to others.

My wishing list:

+ adpic
+ shotshop
+ photospin
+ german qickmeta support

;D

« Reply #132 on: December 03, 2010, 20:04 »
so far... I need to push only "YayMicro" and Graphic Leftovers is not working. I get the same error message as the other
user here  ???

« Reply #133 on: December 04, 2010, 04:13 »
I would fix GLO but I don't have an account here :(
Will try to find one and fix it.

donding

• Think before you speak
« Reply #134 on: December 04, 2010, 18:45 »
Everything is going smoothly except for dreamstime. It's says it can't submit because incorrect user name. It's uploaded some of them to the site. So is the submit name different from the FTP upload name? If it is where do I enter this in this software?

EDIT: Also why does it not show my account balance in Dreamstime?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 18:47 by donding »

donding

• Think before you speak
« Reply #135 on: December 04, 2010, 19:19 »
Ok another problem....I haven't checked all the other sites but did notice that the ones submitted to shutterstock show no model releases attached even though I attached them in the program. I'll end up having to resubmit them all because of no release.

« Reply #136 on: December 05, 2010, 03:22 »
no problem for me for DT and SS, model release is attached correctly

« Reply #137 on: December 05, 2010, 04:55 »
Ok another problem....I haven't checked all the other sites but did notice that the ones submitted to shutterstock show no model releases attached even though I attached them in the program. I'll end up having to resubmit them all because of no release.

Are you sure model releases are actually attached to the images in StockSubmitter?
Check if they are in left list in model release window for the images.

Everything is going smoothly except for dreamstime. It's says it can't submit because incorrect user name. It's uploaded some of them to the site. So is the submit name different from the FTP upload name? If it is where do I enter this in this software?

Double check your login and password in dreamstime site settings.
And there is separated FTP login field for dreamstime :)

« Reply #138 on: December 05, 2010, 14:12 »
Before I try this software I have a few questions from someone who has never used anything like this before.

1) How does your program handle phrased keywords such as "Washington DC"? I always use phrases for sites that allow it. Will I still be able to use phrases in my keywords.  I have never used a program like this so I'm just wondering how it deals with so many different standards.

2) Do most people just try to keep keywords under 50 so its easy to submit across the board.  

3) Also is there some sort of video tutorial to get started setting things up for someone who has never used anything like this, from all the questions here it sounds as if it is very complicated to use with all of the special settings. I tend to need new programs spelled out clearly for me in some kind of intro tutorial in the beginning. I'm an artist not a computer programmer. Are people finding it simple to use?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 17:34 by lightscribe »

« Reply #139 on: December 05, 2010, 17:32 »
Okay, downloaded program. First thing that I encounter is that the "learning initial course" keeps closing on me and when I reopen it it starts from beginning, perhaps a "next" and "back" button on the tutorial dialog box would help to skip to where I left off.

Also how does it handle the keyword weighting/ordering issue with fotolia, when I upload to Fotolia normally it has me order the keywords by importance. Is StockSubmitter only taking the first ten in alphabetical order? From what I understand the keyword importance function is crucial to having your images show up in searches on fotolia.

I do not understand what the "Buffer" information box is used for? Is like a copy/paste clipboard type thing. Forgive my ignorance but it appears that the software was not laid out by a designer but by a programmer, don't get me wrong it is a great idea but could use a little beautification to help it appear simpler to use.  I understand functionality is your main goal at this point but the wording and design looks as though it was programmed for another programmer to use.  Wording like "submit parameters" and "buffer" are a bit programmer-ish and the really busy background art could be toned down, it only adds to the confusion factor of learning a new program, especially for the visually sensitive folks who are going to be using it.  I know a lot of work has gone into it but would recommend at some point having a graphic designer to help overhaul the sightly clunky feel.  Overall I like it and will most likely continue to use the free version, until things are smoothed out some, you appear very dedicated to making improvements which is great to see.

Also Under help the "contents" is all in Russian.

« Reply #140 on: December 05, 2010, 22:41 »
I am only getting 18 kbs/seconds total when uploading to 7 sites, I get 80kb with filezilla is this normal.

also while uploading, the progress/status bars are showing up correctly on the left side for fotolia, dreamstime, 123rf, and canstock, but there are only percentages showing up on the right side (in the submitted area) with no colored progress bar on the left. It was confusing at first I thought only four sites were uploading then I saw the percentages on right for the other three. Can the status of uploads all have the same format (colored status bar) and all be on the left side together.

« Reply #141 on: December 05, 2010, 23:48 »
I noticed that when a batch of pics is submitted to SS they are submitted one by one so SS send a report for each and every pics...Is it not possible to send all pics as a same batch?

on the wish list, add the possibility to add manually  the status of the submitted pics: accepted or rejected.
Thanks!

« Reply #142 on: December 06, 2010, 05:45 »
Yes, shutterstock submission is one by one...that's strange.
This program can be very useful, but actually I must stopping using it, especially for this glitches:
- submit to fotolia doesn't work for other platform than American.
- No possibilities to change keyword order (for the seven important keywords) in fotolia before uploading
-when uploading to veer, status says "ready to upload" even if the pictures are already uploaded on the site!
-don't submit to veer after uploading
-bigstockphoto uploading and submitting is very unstable

Thanks for your efforts !

ginasanders

« Reply #143 on: December 06, 2010, 06:14 »
Bigstock is working fine and stable for me.
Fotolias important 7 keywords - I am writing this in the correct order. Therefore I don't need sorting of keywords.

« Reply #144 on: December 06, 2010, 06:59 »
Thanks a lot for this great software! :D
The only one problem I have is that I cant check the HTTP-Upload-Box in 123RF in the Site Settings. So the Upload dont work.
Please help

fxegs

• FXEGS http://fxegs.photoshelter.com

« Reply #145 on: December 06, 2010, 07:49 »
No words about my problem with Veer FTP only upload exposed several days ago.

I have had also problem uploading to GLO, CanStock, I can't upload to 123RF because size, but I can upload them with the same size through the 123RF site.

Help in cirilic alphabet doesn't help very much.

Working with categories a) takes a lot of time specifying my preferencies or b) produces some mistakes tranforming for exemple arts (dancing in my case) into art objects.

Model release already existing produces duplicates in agencies, and this is a hard problem with some of them as Dreamstime (it can produce rejections and we couldn't change or delete them).

As others have said, I can't change country and language in Fotolia.

I think I will wait this testing period before start paying, and new software is appearing that I can test as well.

« Reply #146 on: December 06, 2010, 08:01 »
1) How does your program handle phrased keywords such as "Washington DC"? I always use phrases for sites that allow it. Will I still be able to use phrases in my keywords.  I have never used a program like this so I'm just wondering how it deals with so many different standards.

StockSubmitter handles multiword keywords fine. It will use them when submitting to the sites supporting multiword keywords, and will skip these keywords when submitting to other sites.

3) Also is there some sort of video tutorial to get started setting things up for someone who has never used anything like this, from all the questions here it sounds as if it is very complicated to use with all of the special settings. I tend to need new programs spelled out clearly for me in some kind of intro tutorial in the beginning. I'm an artist not a computer programmer. Are people finding it simple to use?

There is link to such tutorial in the first post of this thread.

Okay, downloaded program. First thing that I encounter is that the "learning initial course" keeps closing on me and when I reopen it it starts from beginning, perhaps a "next" and "back" button on the tutorial dialog box would help to skip to where I left off.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll add this feature.

Also how does it handle the keyword weighting/ordering issue with fotolia, when I upload to Fotolia normally it has me order the keywords by importance. Is StockSubmitter only taking the first ten in alphabetical order? From what I understand the keyword importance function is crucial to having your images show up in searches on fotolia.

Fotolia automatically sorts keyword list alphabetically on image submission, how to set weight of keyword on FL ?

I do not understand what the "Buffer" information box is used for? Is like a copy/paste clipboard type thing. Forgive my ignorance but it appears that the software was not laid out by a designer but by a programmer, don't get me wrong it is a great idea but could use a little beautification to help it appear simpler to use.  I understand functionality is your main goal at this point but the wording and design looks as though it was programmed for another programmer to use.  Wording like "submit parameters" and "buffer" are a bit programmer-ish and the really busy background art could be toned down, it only adds to the confusion factor of learning a new program, especially for the visually sensitive folks who are going to be using it.  I know a lot of work has gone into it but would recommend at some point having a graphic designer to help overhaul the sightly clunky feel.  Overall I like it and will most likely continue to use the free version, until things are smoothed out some, you appear very dedicated to making improvements which is great to see.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll try to replace programmer-ish words with more user-friendly ones :)

I am only getting 18 kbs/seconds total when uploading to 7 sites, I get 80kb with filezilla is this normal.

Total upload speed is 18Kb/s ? That's weird, I'm having 300+ Kb/s usually. What type of internet connection do you have ?

also while uploading, the progress/status bars are showing up correctly on the left side for fotolia, dreamstime, 123rf, and canstock, but there are only percentages showing up on the right side (in the submitted area) with no colored progress bar on the left. It was confusing at first I thought only four sites were uploading then I saw the percentages on right for the other three. Can the status of uploads all have the same format (colored status bar) and all be on the left side together.

Colored progress bars are being shown only for FTP uploading.
For HTTP uploading there is only percentages on the right side, but I'm thinking about changing it.

I noticed that when a batch of pics is submitted to SS they are submitted one by one so SS send a report for each and every pics...Is it not possible to send all pics as a same batch?

It is possible, but I made 1-by-1 submit to let StockSubmitter submit images even if some of images in waiting list have issues and can not be submitted.

Smithore

I apologize for these issues, will try to fix it as soon as possible, so check it out later!

The only one problem I have is that I cant check the HTTP-Upload-Box in 123RF in the Site Settings. So the Upload dont work.

HTTP upload on 123rf is not yet supported, just use FTP upload, its not any harder than HTTP one.

No words about my problem with Veer FTP only upload exposed several days ago.

What problem do you mean?

I have had also problem uploading to GLO, CanStock, I can't upload to 123RF because size, but I can upload them with the same size through the 123RF site.

I'll fix that in next few days.

Working with categories a) takes a lot of time specifying my preferencies or b) produces some mistakes tranforming for exemple arts (dancing in my case) into art objects.

Automatic transformation of categories aint very trivial task. On some sites there are simply no matching categories for some of the program ones. In this case you have to select categories manually :(
If you think there is better match for some category on some site, feel free to post it here, I'll change it asap.

Model release already existing produces duplicates in agencies, and this is a hard problem with some of them as Dreamstime (it can produce rejections and we couldn't change or delete them).

Just enter same name for model release as you entered when you were uploading this release on sites before. StockSubmitter detects existing releases by their name.

grp_photo

« Reply #147 on: December 06, 2010, 08:39 »

Fotolia automatically sorts keyword list alphabetically on image submission, how to set weight of keyword on FL ?

It works fine with your software one have just to take care that if your keywording that you sort the keywords by importance, if one does this correctly with your software it will be correct in Fotolia.

But you have said nothing to my wish for adding general ftp-support for agencies that are not (and probably will never) listed in you software. Can't imagine that this would be too difficult to implement.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 08:44 by grp_photo »

« Reply #148 on: December 06, 2010, 09:21 »
Hi, Niakris,

I hadd some issue with your software yesterday

I've suppressed some keywords from a batch of photos into Bridge CS4.
They didn't appeared any more under Bridge or windows7 pictures properties  or in lightroom but they are always here in MicrostockSubmitter even when I
restart the soft and click on refresh button. ???

Thanks for your help.

« Reply #149 on: December 06, 2010, 10:53 »
hi Niakris, thanks for working on those problems. I found out that my stock submitter is not showing balance from all accounts..do i need to enable it?

the popup of new sales is still active..but no balance is showing on the interface.

thanks.