MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Which agencies accept EPS10 illustrations?  (Read 7033 times)

« on: November 23, 2010, 06:09 »
I was recently surprised to learn that ClipartOf accept EPS10 illustrations, I thought it was only Shutterstock. Apparently Fotolia does too, so I might have missed a few announcements! Are there any other agencies, and can we do a list?

How about Graphic Leftovers, Dreamstime, CanStock, iStockPhoto, BigStock, 123rf etc. ?

EDIT: THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES WILL ACCEPT EPS10 CONTRIBUTIONS

Shutterstock
Graphic Leftovers
Fotolia
Dreamstime
ClipartOf
CanStockPhoto
BigStock
123RF
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 06:38 by ThomasAmby »

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 06:13 »
At Graphic Leftovers we take them, although when possible and no transparencies are used, please do save as EPS 8. It makes things easier. Some of our buyers are still on very old vector software.

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 06:32 »
I was recently surprised to learn that ClipartOf accept EPS10 illustrations, I thought it was only Shutterstock. Apparently Fotolia does too, so I might have missed a few announcements! Are there any other agencies, and can we do a list?

How about Graphic Leftovers, Dreamstime, CanStock, iStockPhoto, BigStock, 123rf etc. ?

GL, Dreamstime, CanStock, BigStock and 123 do accept eps10. I think that iStock doesn't but  I am not iS contributor.

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2010, 06:36 »
At Graphic Leftovers we take them, although when possible and no transparencies are used, please do save as EPS 8. It makes things easier. Some of our buyers are still on very old vector software.

Definitely, and good to know. I've always saved as EPS8 and don't even know half of the functions of EPS10 since I learned Illustrator solely for microstock back in the day. However, it lets you do so much more with your illustrations so it's probably about time buyers upgrade their software :) EPS10 is the "easy way out" imo, but it's pointless if half of the customer base can't open it.

I'm adding GL to the list

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 06:37 »

GL, Dreamstime, CanStock, BigStock and 123 do accept eps10. I think that iStock doesn't but  I am not iS contributor.

Wow thanks. I'm surprised this went over my head!  ???

helix7

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2010, 10:59 »
Do all of these sites take EPS10 files as the sole EPS file format for an image? Or only as additional files?

I thought that SS was the only site that took just an EPS10 file without an EPS8 file included, but it sounds like that's changed.

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2010, 16:44 »
Do all of these sites take EPS10 files as the sole EPS file format for an image? Or only as additional files?

I thought that SS was the only site that took just an EPS10 file without an EPS8 file included, but it sounds like that's changed.

For DT you need to upload eps10 as additional file (that is approved sometimes couple days, but usually few weeks later),
To 123 and GL upload eps10 + large preview with same name; same for Fotolia and Deposit (but you have to send them zipped).
Big Stock and Can accept eps files and they create previews and upsized jpg files themselves.