MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Yuri A?  (Read 14199 times)

« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2010, 07:09 »
Maybe he has come to the conclusion that teaching other photographers how to compete with him is not a wise long term strategy?   ;)

For a bright guy,  it sure took him long enough to
come to that conclusion. :)

ETA: stupid iPhone formatting.

In essence:
What some of you cowboys/cowgirls don't realize is that even if Yuri broadcasted his entire knowledge of the industry maybe 0.1% would have the brains to accumulate that entire body of knowledge required to achieve succes, not to speak of implementing that knowledge. And even then those 0.1% would have figured it out by themselves ANYWAY. Yuris giving that information doesn't really make a difference. If you are one of them reading this, you know what I mean. If you are not, well... go on complaining.

Further comments and getting a bit rough:
Complaining about 'the market' and its changes is just evidence that somebody is not really smart enough to grasp the principle of business nor able to adapt to the EVER CHANGING market. Sorry, but that is just the sad state of affairs. Change is an eternal principle in this world. Get used to it. Frankly, I'm sick of people criticizing Yuri for sharing his knowledge. It's ridiculous and ultimately rooted in envy and lack of faith in God; envy that others might make money, and distrust in God providing for you. God provides for everyone, even the tiny ants and the giant whales, not to speak of us. Have some faith! (if you are an atheist, please don't bother me with atheistic logic).

Even further (with a dash of philosophy):
It's just like modern self-help motivational gurus; they write vastly about becoming successful. Millions buy their books and attend their seminars, but hardly anyone achieves what the guru has achieved. Why? Because either you have the nature and karma (reactions to previous pious/impious activities in past lives) to be successful or you don't. Reading a book will perhaps make you feel good about yourself or inspire you, but it WON'T make you successful. If it's not your destiny essentially there is nothing you can do about it. And if it is, well then just accept that. In terms of God consciousness; we have the right to do our duty, but we are not entitled to fruits of our work. The fruits of our word are provided by God, and are meant to be offered in the service of God. Like a bank teller; the money he is counting is not his, he just works there. It's a close analogy. Point is: Man proposes, God disposes. Think about it. THEREFORE don't be upset if someone shares their knowledge.

I'll even repeat: if you are not destined to achieve some particular success I won't matter what you do. And if you do have the destiny to be successful, then just be appreciative that someone is helping you to achieve that destiny. Remember: as you sow so you shall reap. Don't blame this or that. Don't complain and criticize. Do your duty and be happy in doing so. Have loving relations with your friends and family and be positive and relaxed. Go for a walk. The world has enough negative vibes, if you ask me.

Kind regards,
Laflor

grp_photo

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2010, 07:19 »
Oh God!  ;D ;D ;D blah-blah-blub

RT

« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2010, 07:27 »
Frankly, I'm sick of people criticizing Yuri for sharing his knowledge. It's ridiculous and ultimately rooted in envy and lack of faith in God; envy that others might make money, and distrust in God providing for you. God provides for everyone, even the tiny ants and the giant whales, not to speak of us. Have some faith! (if you are an atheist, please don't bother me with atheistic logic).

Next you'll be telling us his birthday is on 25th Dec!

« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2010, 07:28 »
n essence:
if you ask me.
What a drama queen blablabla post. Nobody "accused" YA of anything. You just thought somebody accused him. YA is fine. Your "rough" comments served no purpose whatsoever since nobody will feel targeted. But if it made you feel good, that's great. If you feel sick, take a walk outdoors and go vomit.  :P

« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2010, 08:17 »
n essence:
if you ask me.
What a drama queen blablabla post. Nobody "accused" YA of anything. You just thought somebody accused him. YA is fine. Your "rough" comments served no purpose whatsoever since nobody will feel targeted. But if it made you feel good, that's great. If you feel sick, take a walk outdoors and go vomit.  :P

Over time I have read countless comments on how horrible it is that Yuri is sharing his knowledge and that he is ruining the business because of it. It is that kind of ignorance that I am targeting. Perhaps the comments in this thread were said in a joking mood. Perhaps not. There is plenty of glorification of Yuri and plenty of defame and envy too. Just see the "25th"-comment. What is that all about?? If not envy, I have no idea what. Why the ridicule? Why the sarcasm?

RT

« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2010, 08:25 »
Just see the "25th"-comment. What is that all about??

Most of us are probably asking the same question. (the 25th comment is your one)

Yuri is just a photographer, he's not the next son of God or anything special other than somebody that runs a company that produces a large amount of images that sell in quantity. People will always hold him in high esteem but there are many better photographers and many that make more money in photography than he does, and I'm sure if you asked him he'd say the same. I've never met him but on the occasion I have had correspondence with him he seems like a nice guy so I'm not attacking him.

And yes I do think that the way he has shared his knowledge about microstock with others has had an adverse effect on the industry, but I think the same of anybody that does that, however it's a free world and he and others are free to do what they like, just as I or other people are in criticising them for doing it.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 08:34 by RT »

« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2010, 08:40 »

Most of us are probably asking the same question. (the 25th comment is your one)

Nope, mine was the 26th comment. I was referring to your 25th December-comment, indicating that I think Yuri is jeepers creepers of Nazareth (probably because of his Arab looks and long beard), not the 25th comment counting from the beginning of the post.

RT

« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2010, 08:50 »

Nope, mine was the 26th comment. I was referring to your 25th December-comment, indicating that I think Yuri is jeepers creepers of Nazareth (probably because of his Arab looks and long beard), not the 25th comment counting from the beginning of the post.

Well I wrote that in reply to your strange statement that I highlighted,  I thought the way you went on about how peoples criticism of Yuri was "rooted in envy and lack of faith in God" made him out to be the next messiah.

« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2010, 09:25 »

Well I wrote that in reply to your strange statement that I highlighted,  I thought the way you went on about how peoples criticism of Yuri was "rooted in envy and lack of faith in God" made him out to be the next messiah.

In my view it seemed that you either didn't understand my philosophical statement or purposefully tried to twist it through the medium of ridicule. Now it seems you misunderstood it. Point is that if someone is busy ridiculing or putting someone else down then that is rooted in envy; ultimately envy of God. God created everything including persons and wealth, so if one is unnecessarily criticizing someone or something then one is indirectly criticizing God. Do you understand this point? So, also if someone is busy claiming others being the cause of their misery (less dollars for them) then that also means that they do not have faith that God will provide them exactly their allotted quota. Simple point. Naturally, that doesn't mean one should not stop injustice on the claim that it is indirectly sanctioned by God. Of course not. But then the situation is vastly different in that the criticisms is used to serve the purposes of God, namely justice. So, my question is if that is what's going on, or if the situation is just good old useless blah blah of unnecessarily criticizing others, in this case someone named Yuri. My post was meant to expose events of gossip about a friend of mine, on philosophical principles. I am not targeting specific individuals, just the tendency for unnecessary criticism. I most cases doing a move like that will create even more criticism, of me. But hey, I'm just an insignificant servant of God. Criticize me all you want.

Kind regards,
Daniel Laflor

grp_photo

« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2010, 09:37 »
Everybody can believe what ever they want! I just don't like comments about God or Religion in a Forum for Microstock. So please be so kind and put your God-Attitude in the Off-Topic or just make your comments on a reality-base. Thanks in advance!

« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2010, 09:55 »
^^^ I agree, I don't like people trying to use religion to bolster their arguement.  I don't really mind if Yuri or anyone else tells other people how they work and that has nothing to do with my faith in a god.  If you can't make a point without using religion, then I think there is something wrong with it.

RT

« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2010, 09:56 »
Everybody can believe what ever they want! I just don't like comments about God or Religion in a Forum for Microstock.

Totally agree.

@Laflor

There's nothing wrong in sticking up for your friends, but this is a forum for people to discuss microstock and things that happen within the industry not somewhere to impose religious or political beliefs.

If you don't like criticism then don't read it, and if anybody freely chooses to shout about themselves then they can't really complain when people talk about them can they.

« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2010, 10:10 »
So, also if someone is busy claiming others being the cause of their misery (less dollars for them) then that also means that they do not have faith that God will provide them exactly their allotted quota. Simple point.

Oh, great.  Here we go.

As mentioned, please keep this kind of nonsense out of here.

« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2010, 10:12 »
And yes I do think that the way he has shared his knowledge about microstock with others has had an adverse effect on the industry, but I think the same of anybody that does that, however it's a free world and he and others are free to do what they like, just as I or other people are in criticising them for doing it.

Yep.  That's how it works.

« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2010, 13:26 »
LAFLOR - In essence:
.01% are giving your post any credibility since you framed it in dogmatic theological yip-yap

OX
... i thought Getty was GOD.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 13:36 by oxman »

« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2010, 13:46 »

In my view it seemed that you either didn't understand my philosophical statement or purposefully tried to twist it through the medium of ridicule. Now it seems you misunderstood it. Point is that if someone is busy ridiculing or putting someone else down then that is rooted in envy; ultimately envy of God. God created everything including persons and wealth, so if one is unnecessarily criticizing someone or something then one is indirectly criticizing God. Do you understand this point? So, also if someone is busy claiming others being the cause of their misery (less dollars for them) then that also means that they do not have faith that God will provide them exactly their allotted quota. Simple point. Naturally, that doesn't mean one should not stop injustice on the claim that it is indirectly sanctioned by God. Of course not. But then the situation is vastly different in that the criticisms is used to serve the purposes of God, namely justice. So, my question is if that is what's going on, or if the situation is just good old useless blah blah of unnecessarily criticizing others, in this case someone named Yuri. My post was meant to expose events of gossip about a friend of mine, on philosophical principles. I am not targeting specific individuals, just the tendency for unnecessary criticism. I most cases doing a move like that will create even more criticism, of me. But hey, I'm just an insignificant servant of God. Criticize me all you want.

Kind regards,
Daniel Laflor

Oh, my God. "Those who have personal opinions are sinners, loaded with envy, and will root in hell"

Amen.

jbarber873

« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2010, 14:25 »
So, also if someone is busy claiming others being the cause of their misery (less dollars for them) then that also means that they do not have faith that God will provide them exactly their allotted quota. Simple point.

Oh, great.  Here we go.

As mentioned, please keep this kind of nonsense out of here.

I agree. And for me, the day i started with microstock was at the PDN Photoplus show in 2008 when Yuri gave a presentation that not only inspired me to get into microstock, but told me exactly how to do it. I had no interest in microstock up to that point, being a traditional stock and assignment shooter up to that day. I'm not saying that Yuri did anything wrong- I find him to be a gracious and positive person- the very qualities that everyone should aspire to. As opposed to pompous pontificating, for example.

molka

This user is banned.
« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2010, 14:48 »

Oh, my God. "Those who have personal opinions are sinners, loaded with envy, and will root in hell"

Amen.

most people are like that nowadays, with or without religion. 

« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2010, 15:41 »
Everybody can believe what ever they want! I just don't like comments about God or Religion in a Forum for Microstock. So please be so kind and put your God-Attitude in the Off-Topic or just make your comments on a reality-base. Thanks in advance!
Ditto

« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2010, 15:58 »
I think this thread should be nipped in the bud... assuming it hasn't already blossomed.

the thread is locked