MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Sync between "Total earnings" and "account balance"  (Read 8940 times)

« on: December 01, 2010, 17:08 »
I noticed that these two figures on the user_view.php page do not go up in sync, but when there is a sale the "account balance" is incremented first, and "total earnings" goes up some time later.  Sometimes it seems to be shortly afterward, sometimes it takes a day or more.

Does anyone know (or care) what the algorithm is for this?  I wouldn't mind but I haven't had a sale for a while (the "account balance" hasn't budged since yesterday morning) and neither has the "total earnings" moved, not even to reflect the sales from yesterday morning.

When web site updates appear to be so irregular and mysterious it makes me wonder what the heck is going on - if it's really a computer program (which you would expect to perform updates on a highly regular schedule, if not immediately) or if it's just some person randomly deciding when to click on a "compute totals" button.  Or is it a computer program which happens to crash frequently and must be manually restarted?

molka

This user is banned.
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 17:31 »
You are a bit oversuspicuos there imho, it's simply the volume. Probably delivering the downloads is the absolute priority, so the rest may lag in all sorts of ways. What it may show is that they don't invest that much into infrastructure, which is not a great surprise from a microsite.

ShadySue

• There is a crack in everything
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 17:44 »
It seems to be totally out of whack, but I can't remember if it started with F5.
When I started, there were live updates on the stats graph, whenever you got a sale.
Then it went to once a day, then to twice a day, once early in the morning UK time, once mid-late morning.
Now it's late evening UK time, but it doesn't seem that everyone's update comes at the same time. Someone here, on another thread here, a few hours ago, said their chart had updated to show yesterday's figures; as of this moment, my figures from yesterday aren't showing on the stats page.
It's odd how they can't now do what they once could do perfectly well.

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 17:53 »
It seems to be totally out of whack, but I can't remember if it started with F5.
When I started, there were live updates on the stats graph, whenever you got a sale.
Then it went to once a day, then to twice a day, once early in the morning UK time, once mid-late morning.
Now it's late evening UK time, but it doesn't seem that everyone's update comes at the same time. Someone here, on another thread here, a few hours ago, said their chart had updated to show yesterday's figures; as of this moment, my figures from yesterday aren't showing on the stats page.
It's odd how they can't now do what they once could do perfectly well.

I think it has started since F5. I went 2 or 3 days without downloads during the week. Then they all showed up at once a day or 2 later.

ShadySue

• There is a crack in everything
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 18:38 »
Quote from Roger Mexico in the Help forum 'Daily Stats Update' thread:
"The team has been working on the problem with daily stat updates being delayed. It looks like they are getting close to a fix. We'll keep this thread updated."
Of course, 'close to', like 'soon' is an elastic term on istock.