MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Scientific/Latin names in keywords  (Read 5383 times)

« on: December 02, 2010, 06:51 »
As a wildlife photographer I take great care to identify the animals/plants I photograph and to add the correct scientific/Latin names, also in the keywords. Now suddenly a whole batch of my images was moved back from the "pending" section to the "pending your edit" section with a note: "Please re-edit keywords. Please remove all Latin/scientific names as they are not parsed". What does this mean? I think they lost their minds.

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 07:02 »
Oh what a stupid bunch of morons they are... the last "funny" thing was the "isolated" word, and now this...

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 09:56 »
I generally put the Latin name in the description area. As I understand it, it will still get "picked up" if a customer searches those terms.

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2010, 23:18 »
Thank you Scott for taking the time to look into the problem and to come here and explain the situation.

I have hundreds of approved images with the scientific names included in the metadata on BS and elsewhere and did find this incident very strange. I am glad it was just a misunderstanding.

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2010, 03:32 »
Hello all,

I spoke to our content team managers and we do support (and encourage) the use of scientific names in metadata for images of animals and plants. If you check the site, you should find a large number of images with this information intact. This appears to have been a misunderstanding, for which we apologize.

The content team should be reaching out to Eco to address the specific images that were denied. 

As always, if you find an issue like this that seems abnormal, please don't hesitate to contact Support.  They'll pursue the issue to determine if there was an error or if the denial in question accurately reflects Bigstock's policies and standards.

Thank you!

Best,

Scott
Bigstock

Good answer! Thnak you!

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2010, 10:35 »
Thanks for that answer, it is the one that makes sense to me. Please be sure to pass the info along to all inspectors and any new inspectors.

--=Tom