MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: MSG-PPPE-01 (personal photo postcard exchange) #1  (Read 41735 times)

« Reply #125 on: February 14, 2011, 02:18 »
smiles aren't enough - it's time for MSG-PPPE-01's Group-Hug-01

Sounds like a Cyborg Post Card Club.

« Reply #126 on: February 14, 2011, 05:03 »
I finally go mine out on Saturday.

re: zazzle logo
Ok, you are probably right that it can be removed.  I thought I had seen that before on business cards if you want to pay a little extra, but didn't see it for these postcards.  I was probably clicking too quick.

« Reply #127 on: February 14, 2011, 11:04 »
Got Ann's card today, right on time ;)

« Reply #128 on: February 14, 2011, 15:25 »
Got corepics card today...awesome pics!

« Reply #129 on: February 14, 2011, 16:25 »
Three more arrived today!   ;D  And I love Pete's extra touch...vintage stamps for my collection! 

« Reply #130 on: February 14, 2011, 17:11 »
Wow! A bunch today. Cclapper,Race, Ann, and core pics!  They are all awesome. Hugo, what a great Ida you had!

Thanks all! I'm getting there!

« Reply #131 on: February 14, 2011, 19:18 »
I hope Karimala and madelaide are feeling much better.

I'm glad K mentioned RacePhoto's vintage stamps, since they were hiding in plain sight for me until then. Crop from 74 images - boy, would I like to see that!

Olpa's must have all arrived now...  It landed here with the tiniest white dink in surface, but perfectly placed where "X" marked the spot, so it was a fun mystery deciding whether it was another aircraft. (Lack of exhaust trail finally decided it.)

Hugo's wonderfully varied selection brings back very fond memories of trip throughout Holland a few years ago, (alas, I just had P&S back then).

When Pixart's arrived, at first I thought it was from a friend who shoots lovely photos of ice skating events for magazines..., and was amazed how she was now producing images with such radically different look - quite eerie, since friend's 1st name could be a shortened version of Pixart's 1st name. Gorgeous postcard.

RacePhoto

« Reply #132 on: February 14, 2011, 21:16 »
Three more arrived today!   ;D  And I love Pete's extra touch...vintage stamps for my collection! 

That surprise is out, but maybe some people missed it? Yes, I used vintage stamps. Had to add one cent extra to the card going to Canada because I had the right postage in new stamps.

So far the Opla card has a tiny black spot where it shouldn't be. My card has a big white spot under the bridge. Pixarts got a couple of machine whacks. (nice heavy card stock, wonder how it was printed?) Zazzle (Cclapper) and Elvinstar came through untouched. Hugo's - solved the indecision problem?  :)

I can say with six cards so far, no two are alike in size or how they were created. The subjects are varied and great fun, which is just what I had hoped for.

6 of 15 received - I counted my own since I sent myself one.

« Reply #133 on: February 14, 2011, 21:46 »
Being new-ish, it was impossible to pick a pic. Finally settled on one that is all me. Now waiting to get them printed and they will be out

Pete, a great project and so much fun.

« Reply #134 on: February 15, 2011, 04:03 »
Yeah, thanks for organizing this Race!

« Reply #135 on: February 15, 2011, 08:21 »
Wow, four in the mail today!
Mellimage's, great pic, no marks at all.
Leaf's, just markings form the stamping machine - were you in a wetsuit taking this pic?
Cclapper's, some small marks, love the mood.
Racephoto's has a big white mark under the bridge and some on the top, nice!

« Reply #136 on: February 15, 2011, 12:43 »
I hope Karimala and madelaide are feeling much better.

I'm better now, thanks!   :)  That stomach flu was sure a bugger and apparently it's going around...lasted for four days.  Ugh.   

« Reply #137 on: February 15, 2011, 13:30 »
Opening the mail box when coming home from work is so much fun these days. Thank you all for the cards!!!
(got Hugo's yesterday, Ann's, Pete's and Tyler's today).
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 16:31 by Mellimage »

« Reply #138 on: February 15, 2011, 15:39 »
Got my first two today: Christy & Charles and Olivier. Thank you, this is so much fun!

Just learned from Olivier's that there is something smaller than font size 1. Thanks for the eye test. ;D

ann, thanks for asking, I'm better but not 100% ok, still taking medication.

My prints will be here hopefully until Friday, and if so I will mail them on Saturday.

« Reply #139 on: February 15, 2011, 17:11 »
wow that was quick, Mellimage and Opla.  I only sent them out on Saturday.. meaning only 2 working days to get from Norway to Europe.

Nope.. no wetsuit, just a 16mm lens ;)

« Reply #140 on: February 15, 2011, 18:32 »
meaning only 2 working days to get from Norway to Europe.
Is Norway not in Europe anymore? :)

« Reply #141 on: February 15, 2011, 19:19 »

LOL...I was wondering the same thing!   ;D

« Reply #142 on: February 15, 2011, 19:25 »
I've received 2, Corepics yesterday - what a nice collection of shots!  I have to say I was very disappointed when I ran to the mailbox today and nothing! 

Pixarts got a couple of machine whacks. (nice heavy card stock, wonder how it was printed?)
I have a Xerox 7760 phaser in my home office and printed on glossy cover stock.  It didn't seem thick enough actually so I slapped a big sheet of label on the back before trimming.  Made it easier to write too as both sides were glossy.

I'm totally diggin this.  We'll have to soon make plans to do again.  Perhaps with our summer vacation photos? 

« Reply #143 on: February 15, 2011, 19:27 »
Corepics, have you received any?  Should we send a second card with the correct code, or do they eventually make their way?

« Reply #144 on: February 16, 2011, 05:59 »

LOL...I was wondering the same thing!   ;D

haha well I wasn't really sure how to word it.  I meant to go from Norway to outside of Norway, but still in Europe. I guess I could have said, 2 days travel time within europe. .. details details.. ;)

« Reply #145 on: February 16, 2011, 07:27 »
Corepics, have you received any?  Should we send a second card with the correct code, or do they eventually make their way?

Sorry for the late reply - been a bit busy.

I've received a lot of postcards too In random order:
Ann's card - cool processing, and I admire the touch of the protective sleeve and your handiwork!
Race - Vintage stamps still still unstamped, great touch, very cool idea; would love to see the whole pano.
Leaf - the correct postal code, indeed ;) Low POV makes it a very strong image!
Opla - The one with the wrong postal code did arrive, so it makes a great comparison between the glossy and the matte version, thanks! (Not sure which I like best; considering the fine print (choice of lens), I'd go for the matte version)
cclapper: happy accident shots are usually the finest; lovely mood!
Mellimage: definitely a good choice; I dig the drop on the petals.
Elvinstar: Shaken, not stirred, I Presume?

Thanks, I really enjoy digging out those gems from between the invoices and junkmail in our mailbox, these days!

so my slip-up with the postal code wasn't that serious after all:

« Reply #146 on: February 16, 2011, 13:22 »
Whee! 6 cards in the post today! I suspect it's the Belgian post that's a bit rough, they all are a bit scratched (even the plastic on Ann's, Pete's survived best) but i notice a pattern... for every card it happened on the same line; must be the sorting machine or something. It's not too bad though and adds to the postcard charm :)
The cards were from Leaf, cclapper, mellimage, racephoto, ann and elvinstar. Great pictures guys and gals, a blast receiving the cards!
Mine were supposed to go out today, they're written but i didnt get to the postoffice... tomorrow :)
(i'm a lefty so sorry for the messy wiped out inkstains...it really became a bit of a smudge :/)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 13:36 by Artemis »

« Reply #147 on: February 16, 2011, 16:05 »
I find it just so bizarre that it takes longer for American post cards to get to Canada than they take to get to Belgium or The Netherlands!!!

Just rec'd Race's today.  Thanks for the story!  And here I was expecting a race car from you for some reason.  Now I'll have to look up Margaret Chase Smith, from the stamp.

That makes 3 total here - 2 from across the pond, one from my own continent.  I guess the off-continent addresses went straight on a plane, and the rest were put on the back of a truck.

RacePhoto

« Reply #148 on: February 17, 2011, 04:31 »
I find it just so bizarre that it takes longer for American post cards to get to Canada than they take to get to Belgium or The Netherlands!!!

Just rec'd Race's today.  Thanks for the story!  And here I was expecting a race car from you for some reason.  Now I'll have to look up Margaret Chase Smith, from the stamp.

That makes 3 total here - 2 from across the pond, one from my own continent.  I guess the off-continent addresses went straight on a plane, and the rest were put on the back of a truck.

If you want a car picture I have thousands, maybe tens of thousands. I would have found that boring. ;) So I didn't send off boring. And with all the indecision I just figured, I like this, that's what it's going to be. Plain and simple, pretty picture, nothing important. But when I'm not shooting cars or working at the races, or napping for the Winter... I like hiking, climbing, searching the back roads and finding the old and unusual. Mostly I'm happy with old.

Stamps are from a collection that as far as I'm concerned I'd rather use for mail. The Famous American series (the square ones) are from 1940. I have all of them canceled and mint. Seems the mint stamps are of no use for photography or micro because the agencies don't understand the copyright laws and they are PD tostart with. Also they have been refused for images of famous dead people "estate may have rights". So now you all can have them! :D

Want a car picture?

Simona de Silvestro at the Autobahn Grand Prix 2009 - formula Atlantic before she moved to the IRL in 2010 (picture is a fail, but I like the subject and composition.) Sky is real, photo is as is, except for bringing up shadow areas and sharpening around the numbers. That's why it looks so contrasty and over saturated. Too bad.

Mark Donohue, Jr. race cars gathering, only time most of these have been in the same place at the same time, and it probably won't happen again. (Sunset was the only time we could get them together on the race track) Next requested tool from Photoshop would be the "green room" remover!

Most famous of them all, Marge the 1991 Honda Wagon, at corner three Road America 2008. :) (Marge has 230,000 miles and is still running strong.) Marge is included in many of my personal photos since she comes along on all the trips, wherever I go.

I confess that I shoot more for fun than for money.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 01:36 by RacePhoto »

« Reply #149 on: February 17, 2011, 04:52 »
I could have sent a photo of my birthday cake (15 or 16th, I think) which was Fittipaldi's Copersucar F1 car. :) I cut the cake into a car body shape and made the wheels and wings of cardboard.