MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Can Stock Blowing Up!  (Read 21357 times)

« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2011, 22:58 »
You mean flooding the market, right, so if you upload to every single one of them, every little bit, exploring every avenue?  when do you work? I mean surely you have to eat same as everybody else here or do you live in  a country where you can survive on 3 sales/month,  come on do me a favour, will ya?

Its exactly this attitude which have rendered agencies into having 10 million shots, totally clogged up wit say 80% of totally mediocre material, leaving a measly 20% worthwhile, its this attitude which makes us even read and write threads like this. To flood a market is the quickest way to destruction, didnt you know?

Still, read my above post, from a business perspective, for people who are trying to turn this into some sort of a living ( me? Im a fulltime freelance anyway), TIME, is money, big money and every business law in the world will tell you this and time well spent, is even better.

Hell, I dont care who submits to who, none of my business, just giving an opinion here and yes!  CanStock, seam to be a very nice and userfriendly site but if I were to plonk down say only 300 of my best sellers, yes I would like to see quite a bit more in return for my time but, hey, thats me.

Time is indeed money. And I think you are correct that some agencies aren't worth bothering with. However, theoretically once you have put in x-amount of time uploading your images to a site that will be around for say 5-10 years, you shouldn't have to do any more work on a given image.  So once you have recouped the 5-10 seconds of time it took you to upload a particular image in Canstock, all the rest is potential profit...forever (theoretically of course).

Which means you have to choose wisely, and I think Canstock has enough big names behind it, that potential long-term return for my images is better than the time I put in. Particularly given their very easy upload system. Same reason I bothered with 123rf.

If you have never done alot of reading on the Long Tail concept, its worth looking at. It applies somewhat to this situation, and is one of the reasons Amazon in conjunction with its Kindle and POD businesses is so profitable.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 23:03 by gwhitton »

« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2011, 20:15 »
i just started uploading to canstock aswell - fast review times! lets give the little guys a break and give the tight fisted agencies a kick up the butt for slashing earnings!

« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2011, 14:12 »
To prove my point above, I just got an $8.00 sale for a small image on Canstock, because of their relationship with Fotosearch, and I didn't have to lift a finger, other than the 10 seconds it took me to process the image that sold. That's not to suggest its all roses at Canstock, but its clear I will more than make back my effort in uploading there.

« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2011, 16:14 »
To prove my point above, I just got an $8.00 sale for a small image on Canstock, because of their relationship with Fotosearch, and I didn't have to lift a finger, other than the 10 seconds it took me to process the image that sold. That's not to suggest its all roses at Canstock, but its clear I will more than make back my effort in uploading there.

Yep, made 80$ this month with only a 10 min worth of time to send all my images in at mid January. I think they are really going up in the right track. It also shows in the Poll, they are up right below the big 4.

Tempusfugit

« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2011, 05:35 »
-
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 12:07 by Tempusfugit »

« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2011, 05:40 »
Must say, I really dont get it???? why?, how?  can you supply, upload, etc, month after month after month, spend all this time that could easily be time generating much more with the big ones and the end result is: 3 sales per month ???
I know everyone here hungers for money but this is ridiculous, its like being greedy for pennies, Scrooge business.
I mean its quite obvious the middle-tier aint ever, never gonna see themselves in the top-tier, its wishful thinking. The only one that can somehow come close is Bigstock, if they play their cards right, they have a much more professional approach and now with the partnership Shutterstock, they have a good chance.

Im sorry guys we are already shoting for peanuts but I mean theres got to be a limit, surely?

Canstock surpassed Dreamstime for me last month with just regular sales, and it had been slowly building up to that point before that. So it was my fourth best earner for February, would you call that a waste of time ?
Bigstock is much worse for me. Different agencies work better for different people.

« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2011, 06:25 »
Where are sales of 27$ or more!?

Canstock felt on my sixth place,  same like in poll results...

« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2011, 06:29 »
Must say, I really dont get it???? why?, how?  can you supply, upload, etc, month after month after month, spend all this time that could easily be time generating much more with the big ones and the end result is: 3 sales per month ???
I know everyone here hungers for money but this is ridiculous, its like being greedy for pennies, Scrooge business.
I mean its quite obvious the middle-tier aint ever, never gonna see themselves in the top-tier, its wishful thinking. The only one that can somehow come close is Bigstock, if they play their cards right, they have a much more professional approach and now with the partnership Shutterstock, they have a good chance.

Im sorry guys we are already shoting for peanuts but I mean theres got to be a limit, surely?

Canstock surpassed Dreamstime for me last month with just regular sales, and it had been slowly building up to that point before that. So it was my fourth best earner for February, would you call that a waste of time ?
Bigstock is much worse for me. Different agencies work better for different people.

Man, your vectors are welcome in everywhere.I see you got good sales even in such little Portfolio,very cool!!
Could you tell me how to do that..I mean good sales just depond on little Portfolio!!

« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2011, 12:46 »
I like the occasional decent sale they get from fotosearch but the sub prices are still one of the lowest at 25 cents....that has really got to go up to a minimum of 33 cents to be more in tune with other sites like shutterstock.  Really an easy site to upload to and fast review times. My only complaint is extremely low sub commissions, I just can't bring myself to be okay with getting 25 cents in return for allowing someone to use my image royalty-free, if that went up I would recommend them as my number one favorite site.

« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2011, 20:54 »
I like the occasional decent sale they get from fotosearch but the sub prices are still one of the lowest at 25 cents....that has really got to go up to a minimum of 33 cents to be more in tune with other sites like shutterstock.  Really an easy site to upload to and fast review times. My only complaint is extremely low sub commissions, I just can't bring myself to be okay with getting 25 cents in return for allowing someone to use my image royalty-free, if that went up I would recommend them as my number one favorite site.

Well for me, I only have a few 25 cents and a LOT of 5$ and some 19.80$. I don't mind selling a few for 25 cents when I can get that much return for other downloads. 25 cents is what you get when starting at Shutterstock (but of course Shutter generates a lot more sales also).

« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2011, 15:38 »
Canstock definitely sold itself today as a place I will be uploading more to in the future. Just got one of those 19.80 (medium size) sales from Fotosearch. If this keeps up it will knock Dreamstime down to #5 on my list.

« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2011, 10:02 »
Canstock definitely sold itself today as a place I will be uploading more to in the future. Just got one of those 19.80 (medium size) sales from Fotosearch. If this keeps up it will knock Dreamstime down to #5 on my list.

Yes a 19.80$ sale commission definetly put a smile on our faces :)

TheSmilingAssassin

This user is banned.
« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2011, 11:19 »

Yes a 19.80$ sale commission definetly put a smile on our faces :)

Just so you're all aware (cause I wasn't)  the $19.90 fotosearch sales are actually sales for extended licences.  It's not a normal Rf licence.  I only became aware of this when I disabled ELs and got an automated message telling me that I won't receive income from Fotosearch if I don't allow ELs.

« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2011, 14:07 »
I didn't realize they were EL sales. So that is actually a really low price compared to other sites.

« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2011, 16:50 »
I don't get one of those big sales for six months now. All I get are basically subs and a credit sales here and there. :(

TheSmilingAssassin

This user is banned.
« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2011, 18:01 »
I didn't realize they were EL sales. So that is actually a really low price compared to other sites.

Yeah, if you select an image and add it to your cart, you'll see it says "enhanced licence".  The prices aren't too bad for ELs if you read the terms.  I initially removed ELs because I didn't want anyone using my images on PODs (because I do) but Fotosearch doesn't allow that anyway so I went back and allowed ELs again.  The ELs on Fotolio are about five times less the price of that at Fotosearch and Fotolia don't have the same restrictions.

Regardless, though, I'm pretty happy with Canstock and they're a fair agent. 

« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2011, 22:26 »
great site,I hope you keep doing this and happy to work with you too ;)

Sponsors

Mega Bundle of 5,900+ Professional Lightroom Presets

Microstock Poll Results

Sponsors