MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Can Stock Blowing Up!  (Read 21236 times)

« on: January 06, 2011, 22:10 »
It's been a slow beginning to 2011, but Can Stock is kicking butt. I don't know what kind of new year's resolutions they made over there, but I like it. Keep up the good work CanStockPhoto! Anyone else?

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 00:38 »
For the past few months, CanStockPhoto has been steadily performing better than BigStock.  Now CanStockPhoto is easily my #5 site.  My $19.80 downloads seemed to have stopped a few months back, but I get a steady stream of $.50 to $2.00 downloads to keep them in double digits almost every weekday.

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 00:52 »
I wish. One or two big sales a month for the last six months have meant CanStockPhoto earned about as much in that time as in the previous four or five years but I'm still not getting steady sales on a daily basis.

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 01:11 »
Cthoman ...
your illustrations are really great!

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 06:10 »
I love CanStock. They perform almost as good as Dreamstime for me, and waaaaaay better than 123rf, BigStock, Veer and the rest.
As stockmarketer, I haven't had a $20+ download for a long time, but subscription sales have gone from making up 76% of all sales a year ago, to now 28% as I stated in another thread. The rest are PPD's ranging from $0.5-$5 and these are quite frequent.

I've also had "guest" sales for $7,5 but they seems to have stopped in June 2010. Wonder what happened to those?

Xalanx

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 06:29 »
Very poor in my case. Even ClipDealer beats them. If it wasn't for the easy upload system, they would have got nothing from me.

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 07:01 »
my sales at CanStockPhoto are low and random - but I only have 1/3 of my portfolio there and haven't done regular uploads. Perhaps need to start doing that.

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2011, 10:25 »
Cthoman ...
your illustrations are really great!

Thanks.

I guess my fast start over there this month is not a trend with everyone else. I must have just had a few real good days to begin the month. It will be interesting to see how the rest of the month goes.

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2011, 10:33 »
Yeah I'm with the majority it's running slow starting this month.  December was awesome though.  I'm less than $4.00 from reaching my first payout with them so just one nice $5.00 vector sale could make that happen.  I've noticed with me either I get 4 or 5 in a day and then quiet for 7-9 days or it's just quiet.  I'm happy with them though.  Been with them about 5 months.  I just need to find my creative drive again.

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2011, 11:09 »
0 sales this month (not usual) but I like them

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2011, 11:28 »
For the past few months, CanStockPhoto has been steadily performing better than BigStock.  Now CanStockPhoto is easily my #5 site.  My $19.80 downloads seemed to have stopped a few months back, but I get a steady stream of $.50 to $2.00 downloads to keep them in double digits almost every weekday.

This has been my experience as well. CanStockPhoto has been consistently outperforming all the mid tiers the last several months (usually by a lot). If they continue to grow, passing Fotolia is a distinct possibility.

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2011, 12:03 »
on par with BigStock. sometimes a bit better, sometimes a bit worse. Definitely not even close to the top tier :)

lagereek

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2011, 12:21 »
My worst agency but that doesnt mean they are bad just that I dont think my type of photography is much in demand over there. Closing my account in the end of month.

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2011, 14:57 »
In terms of percentage of growth in sales in the last 6 months, CanStockPhoto has been by far the best site for me (I do vectors and submit to 8 sites).

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2011, 15:15 »
Slow as usual, just two subs this month.

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2011, 15:37 »
Averaging about 3 sales a month with a port of 320 images, they are currently my lowest earner, with an RPI of only $.02 per image/per month! ....so I should probably stop wasting time uploading. Knowing I'm only going to make 2 cents an image per month is not very motivating.  They are just so darn easy to upload to though so I really want to see them succeed, I really hope they spend some money in advertising/marketing this year.

jbarber873

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2011, 17:33 »
Thanks for reminding me they existed! I just went to check, and had a pretty good amount ready to cash out. ;D
I would say they are in the Bigstock and 123rf category. Slow sales, but give it some time and it adds up...

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2011, 15:04 »
Thanks for reminding me they existed! I just went to check, and had a pretty good amount ready to cash out. ;D
I would say they are in the Bigstock and 123rf category. Slow sales, but give it some time and it adds up...

Well for me, they are blowing 123rf and Bigstock off. Just suscribed to them in early January. * easy upload, submitted 340 files there no rejects.

Made 50$ in one month. At 123 and BG I usually make 150$ a Year. Had some nice 5$ and 19.80$ sales already. If they keep up like that they might even surpass my Dreamstimes yearly income... Let's hope they will!

Go CS Go! :)

lagereek

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2011, 10:17 »
Must say, I really dont get it???? why?, how?  can you supply, upload, etc, month after month after month, spend all this time that could easily be time generating much more with the big ones and the end result is: 3 sales per month ???
I know everyone here hungers for money but this is ridiculous, its like being greedy for pennies, Scrooge business.
I mean its quite obvious the middle-tier aint ever, never gonna see themselves in the top-tier, its wishful thinking. The only one that can somehow come close is Bigstock, if they play their cards right, they have a much more professional approach and now with the partnership SS, they have a good chance.

Im sorry guys we are already shoting for peanuts but I mean theres got to be a limit, surely?

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2011, 10:47 »
Must say, I really dont get it???? why?, how?  can you supply, upload, etc, month after month after month, spend all this time that could easily be time generating much more with the big ones and the end result is: 3 sales per month ???
I know everyone here hungers for money but this is ridiculous, its like being greedy for pennies, Scrooge business.
I mean its quite obvious the middle-tier aint ever, never gonna see themselves in the top-tier, its wishful thinking. The only one that can somehow come close is Bigstock, if they play their cards right, they have a much more professional approach and now with the partnership SS, they have a good chance.

Im sorry guys we are already shoting for peanuts but I mean theres got to be a limit, surely?

Those may be your numbers, but other people's numbers are much different. I officially disbanded the big 4 of DT, FT, SS & IS. It is no more. My numbers are a free for all. So, submitting to new agencies isn't a waste of time for everyone. In fact, I find submitting new content to agencies that are fat and bloated is the bigger waste of time. I submitted around 1000 files to SS last year, and didn't see any growth. There's no firm rule for everyone on what is going to work best, so experimenting is usually a good idea.

lagereek

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2011, 11:05 »
Must say, I really dont get it???? why?, how?  can you supply, upload, etc, month after month after month, spend all this time that could easily be time generating much more with the big ones and the end result is: 3 sales per month ???

Those may be your numbers, but other people's numbers are much different. I officially disbanded the big 4 of DT, FT, SS & IS. It is no more. My numbers are a free for all. So, submitting to new agencies isn't a waste of time for everyone. In fact, I find submitting new content to agencies that are fat and bloated is the bigger waste of time. I submitted around 1000 files to SS last year, and didn't see any growth. There's no firm rule for everyone on what is going to work best, so experimenting is usually a good idea.

Sure, fine, but Im thinking more in  terms now of contributors whos ambition is to make stock-shooting a fulltime job, as a living that is. Then ofcourse you have to back the big guns cause thats where your revenue is, love or hate them, you know.
However, the weekend snapper, etc, well thats a diferant story, for many of them its a big buzz just to see their own shots in print or being used or even better, being sold.

You have to understand that Im looking at it strictly from a business point of view and without any preferances but like the post further up, he says he gets 3 sales/month and bloody hard work, well?  then you really have to start asking yourself if youre flogging a dead horse, dont you?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 11:08 by lagereek »

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2011, 11:22 »
You have to understand that Im looking at it strictly from a business point of view and without any preferances but like the post further up, he says he gets 3 sales/month and bloody hard work, well?  then you really have to start asking yourself if youre flogging a dead horse, dont you?

If you're doing this as a business, you should be exploiting every revenue opportunity, as long as the outlay of resources ends up being justified -- either by current profits or the reasonable expectation of future profits.  I think it makes sense to upload to just about every agency (aside from the ones you have significant issues with, such as the recent iStock fiasco), except for those who are so new that they have zero track record.

If you're creating images that people actually want, and you're getting good sales at the biggest sites (SS, FT, DT and IS if you're still there), then you should absolutely be uploading to CanStockPhoto.  They have a very easy uploading process and their sales are definitely growing.  If you have a decent sized port there and you're seeing zero sales, my guess is that you're seeing very little sales at the big sites as well and you're probably not generating enough income to justify doing microstock period.  Again, that's from a business perspective.  If you're simply doing this for enjoyment, do whatever floats your boat.

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2011, 11:32 »
If you're doing this as a business, you should be exploiting every revenue opportunity, as long as the outlay of resources ends up being justified -- either by current profits or the reasonable expectation of future profits.  I think it makes sense to upload to just about every agency (aside from the ones you have significant issues with, such as the recent iStock fiasco), except for those who are so new that they have zero track record.

If you're creating images that people actually want, and you're getting good sales at the biggest sites (SS, FT, DT and IS if you're still there), then you should absolutely be uploading to CanStockPhoto.  They have a very easy uploading process and their sales are definitely growing.  If you have a decent sized port there and you're seeing zero sales, my guess is that you're seeing very little sales at the big sites as well and you're probably not generating enough income to justify doing microstock period.  Again, that's from a business perspective.  If you're simply doing this for enjoyment, do whatever floats your boat.

Well said.

Tempusfugit

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2011, 11:42 »
-
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 12:06 by Tempusfugit »

lagereek

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2011, 11:52 »
You mean flooding the market, right, so if you upload to every single one of them, every little bit, exploring every avenue?  when do you work? I mean surely you have to eat same as everybody else here or do you live in  a country where you can survive on 3 sales/month,  come on do me a favour, will ya?

Its exactly this attitude which have rendered agencies into having 10 million shots, totally clogged up wit say 80% of totally mediocre material, leaving a measly 20% worthwhile, its this attitude which makes us even read and write threads like this. To flood a market is the quickest way to destruction, didnt you know?

Still, read my above post, from a business perspective, for people who are trying to turn this into some sort of a living ( me? Im a fulltime freelance anyway), TIME, is money, big money and every business law in the world will tell you this and time well spent, is even better.

Hell, I dont care who submits to who, none of my business, just giving an opinion here and yes!  CS, seam to be a very nice and userfriendly site but if I were to plonk down say only 300 of my best sellers, yes I would like to see quite a bit more in return for my time but, hey, thats me.

Sponsors

Mega Bundle of 5,900+ Professional Lightroom Presets

Microstock Poll Results

Sponsors