MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Cutcaster Website - Re-design reviews, feedback and image sales  (Read 34349 times)

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2011, 15:50 »
One additional comment:  tax forms that were previously uploaded are missing.

johngriffin

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2011, 16:03 »
Looks good and does seem very fast.  I can't see any way to zoom in to see the quality of an image.  Is that something buyers like?

That is coming very shortly. We have been getting a good response regarding our image details pages and what happens when you roll over an image to preview it. We will add the magnifying glass to that view for our buyers.

Try opening up any of these Valentines day pictures.

If you roll over an image preview like this Valentine Clipart you will see what I am talking about with regards to the background blacking out.

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2011, 16:06 »
Just wish I could get a sale every now and then.

I just went to check it out, and clicked on "people".  Every image on the first page was from a certain contributor.  Other people might get more sales if it were mixed up a bit.

johngriffin

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2011, 16:12 »
- Search for Asian sunset and get this bunch of chairs;
- "Similar pictures" on this one is a server cleaning table.

Hmpff....  ::)

Hahahah. You have to be kidding me. Did you see our old search?  Our new one rocks and is so much better. You try to make it seem like you get a bunch of chairs for the keyword Asian sunset but that is so far from the truth. Compare our results like you did with any other agency and you will see. Try searching for Asian sunset like you said and compare it to istock or fotolia or 123rf and keep up our page and look at them side by side.

And the similar pictures on the image of the server are pretty  good. Not sure what your complaint is. Our similar image will get better everyday as well with the way we have set up our image search and database. You will see huge improvements. Also we removed out similar images from the same cluster of images by using grouping in our image search results and we now batch those under the image preview on the image details page.

On a side note, our category search is now really really good. We spent months building out a system that categorizes your images for you and places them in the right categories without contributors having to do anything. Check it out under advance image search.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 16:50 by johngriffin »

johngriffin

« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2011, 16:21 »
Just wish I could get a sale every now and then.

I just went to check it out, and clicked on "people".  Every image on the first page was from a certain contributor.  Other people might get more sales if it were mixed up a bit.

I did a keyword search for people photos and on the first row saw these images from a number of contributors like Rick Becker-Leckrone, Liv Friis-Larsen, Kirsty Pargeter, Elisabeth Coelfen

I tried the same thing on istock and our results returned per user isn't much different except for the fact that we have just a fraction of total users and total uploads.

« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2011, 16:31 »
Sorry - I mean I clicked on the people category on the front page.

WarrenPrice

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2011, 18:10 »
John, looking at my portfolio, it displays oldest images first with the new ones last.  Will I be able to reverse the order?

« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2011, 14:14 »
On the old site I had set the price of my photos for the maximum size.
Now this has become the price for the M size, so my prices have more than doubled.
it seems there is no way to change the new prices

« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2011, 16:56 »
Yeah!

How to change image prices...?
 I am not satisfied wit current prices!

« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2011, 17:59 »
Thank you, John

« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2011, 18:42 »
Looks good and does seem very fast.  I can't see any way to zoom in to see the quality of an image.  Is that something buyers like?

That is coming very shortly. We have been getting a good response regarding our image details pages and what happens when you roll over an image to preview it. We will add the magnifying glass to that view for our buyers.

Try opening up any of these Valentines day pictures.

If you roll over an image preview like this Valentine Clipart you will see what I am talking about with regards to the background blacking out.

I did notice the background blacking out.  That's a nice feature and could be useful for people that want to see what the image looks like on a dark background.  Good to know the zoom feature is coming soon.  I thinks it's great that you still seem to be keen to make Cutcaster work and I really hope you make it.

« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2011, 20:04 »
Thank you John...

bittersweet

« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2011, 11:03 »
i rarely look at the site because i've never actually had a sale there. looked today for the first time in a month... all my vectors files seem to have been lost in the transition.

awesome.

WarrenPrice

« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2011, 12:51 »
John,
It looks like the tax forms have been lost?  Will they reappear after the transition?
PS:  I looked at my pending payout and saw a messaging telling me that I had not filed tax forms.  I have!!!

« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2011, 02:22 »
Just did another major update/release this weekend. You can read about it on the blog and post questions there or here.

http://blog.cutcaster.com/2011/01/31/release-update-regarding-older-files-and-earnings/

But when do the prices of our photos go back to what we originally set them at or when will we have the ability to set the prices ourselves?

WarrenPrice

« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2011, 14:05 »
John,
I can't find a way to view image statistics ... downloads, views, etc. 

WarrenPrice

« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2011, 15:13 »
The ability to "bulk" set your prices and edit your media details will be coming out early next week.

If you want to know your stats Warren, I can send you some information in an excel sheet but right now we don't have the views and downloads up on the site. Its a simple thing to do and will get done in the future though. Trying to focus as much as we can on what the buyer needs.

I wasn't requesting information, John.  Just offering suggestions on things that seem to be missing or improvements that could be useful.
Looking forward to the finished product.

« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2011, 16:35 »
The ability to "bulk" set your prices and edit your media details will be coming out early next week.

If you want to know your stats Warren, I can send you some information in an excel sheet but right now we don't have the views and downloads up on the site. Its a simple thing to do and will get done in the future though. Trying to focus as much as we can on what the buyer needs.

Could you kindly put all my images on at $99 at the largest resolution. It's great that you are focusing on buyers, but on your site I have micro and macrostock images and since the new site everything has been changed to micro prices, which also puts me in an awkward position in relation to other sites.

« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2011, 03:56 »
anyway to delete an image? i would like to replace an image with a better version.

Carl

• Carl Stewart, CS Productions
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2011, 06:19 »
The new site looks great, but I can't follow my submission from a few weeks ago.  Since I can't remember which photos I submitted, I can't upload any more because I might upload duplicates.   Or am I missing something?  :-\