MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Thinking about joing Alamy  (Read 24581 times)

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2011, 00:10 »
3550 will make a minimum size image just over the 24MB limit for Alamy.

I've uploaded some from Alamy from my Olympus 4/3 format days, and I had to upsize slightly from 3264px on the long end to 3400 (24.8mb).  3350px gives me 24.08mb which is too close.

RacePhoto

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2011, 22:47 »

I've uploaded some from Alamy from my Olympus 4/3 format days, and I had to upsize slightly from 3264px on the long end to 3400 (24.8mb).  3350px gives me 24.08mb which is too close.

Hopefully not one of these?

http://www.alamy.com/contributor/help/unsuitable-olympus-list.asp?cname=Olympus

RacePhoto

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2011, 23:06 »
There's a disagreement about what Alamy says and what the contract actually says. In some people's opinion. Not mine.

There's also a problem that some of the micro sites sell Editorial (important word in the debate) RF while Alamy sells their Editorial RM. (known as L on Alamy) It's all the same and all editorial. So it probably doesn't matter if it's RF or RM, it's all the same, unless someone is asking for an exclusive of some sort. That would be a problem if the same image already sold RF somewhere else on Micro. What a mess?  ???

In general the same images should NOT be offered for sale RF in one place and RM in another place. That's ignoring the Editorial complication with Alamy.

Consider this, you can sell images RM anywhere and still be an IS exclusive. They even claim to own the control over RF rejections, which I find pretty restrictive and unusual. But with the exception of Editorial, every site and every guideline / rule / legal opinion, I have seen says, we can't offer the same images RF in one place and RM in another.

@RacePhoto

Don't do it! You can't sell RF one place and the identical images as RM someplace else. The people who are saying you can are reading between the lines and ignoring the obvious, across all agencies, general rule. Even after I quoted from Alamy (who BT claims they won't answer) and the actual words saying don't do it. I still get the "there's no rule against it".

Yes there are rules and legal complications if someone tries to sell the license the same images with two different licenses.

Don't license you RF images at RM on Alamy! Besides why not just make them RF on Alamy?

Hi, it just that someone on this thread mentionned that we could do it... but it seems that post has been deleted lol. I was trying to understand what exactly RM was and if it was worth it, for Illustrations. I already have my portfolio online as RF at Alamy, but from what I hear RM sells at Alamy, I have yet to see a sale but it's only been 1.5 month there and have not finished with they're long submission keywording.

Thanks for the answer Race, will keep as RF for sure!

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2011, 08:49 »

Hopefully not one of these?

http://www.alamy.com/contributor/help/unsuitable-olympus-list.asp?cname=Olympus

LOL at that hehe. That might just be the list of ALL Olympus models :P