pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: A new opportunity for Brian  (Read 5795 times)

« on: January 27, 2011, 16:00 »
Hi All

Im proud of where weve taken things on Veer over the past couple of years. Weve completed the transition from a premium RF and RM agency to offering a full slate of prices and content across the RF spectrum. With your help, we made 2010 a great year for our UGC collection and contributors tons of new content and contributors from our massive Dash for Cash program, an improved royalty and stats display, we held our first Photo Op shoot event, and then ended the year strong by catching up on the review queue.

With a great year behind us and another great year ahead - its now time to pass the torch. Im moving into a new role at Corbis, and will be helping to build out an online contributor platform for our macrostock (traditional stock) users.

I will be passing the reigns of managing our microstock community and the UGC editing team over to Chelsey Schaffel and want to give you a heads-up. Chelsey has been our Content Curator, and has been at Veer for many years as a Researcher and an Editor. Shes got a great eye for photography and design, and the strategic vision to push things forward from here on out. In short shes really awesome.  Shell be stepping in soon to introduce herself here.  

Beyond Chelsey, the great team we have in place behind-the-scenes here stays the same. Ryan will continue to be your go to guy for support and will continue to answer questions in email and on the forums. Youll be taken care of with a passionate crew who are dedicated to great imagery.

Ive loved getting to know many of you. I look forward to watching continued awesomeness happening at Veer and across the microstock and MSG communities.

If you want to keep in touch you can find me on Twitter: twitter.com/BrianOShea

Cheers,

- Brian OShea
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 16:07 by Brian O'Shea »

jbarber873

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 16:16 »
  Sorry to see you go! I have high hopes for veer, and if you can create a better method of submitting to the macrostock side of corbis, it would be a great step forward. One of the things that drew me to microstock was that it is the opposite of the closed, clubby world of macrostock, and it's incredibly slow pace of submission and review. Keep us posted. Shake it up!

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 17:34 »
Indeed sorry to see you go! Thanks for the excellent communication and swift answers to our questions here, i hope this will continue.
All the best of luck to you in your new role Brian!

(how does one contribute to the macro site btw..?)

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 17:47 »
Thanks for the update Brian

I agree, Veer marketplace sales are really starting to pick up steam - a job well done. 

Thanks for being part of the forum here and responding to questions.  You have done a great job at staying connected to the photographers.

Enjoy the new position.

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 17:57 »
Hey Brian, enjoy the new role and thanks for all the laughs, beers and meatball sandwiches!  It was a pleasure.

And I'm very happy to hear that it's Chelsey is stepping in to this role. She left a very positive impression on me at PhotoOp.

lisafx

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2011, 17:58 »
Best of luck with your new position, Brian.  Thanks for your hard work at Veer and your participation here.  

Thanks for the headsup.  And tell Chelsey she's welcome here anytime :)

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2011, 23:54 »
Best if luck in your new position, Brian. IMO you have done an exemplary job keeping us posted on Veer's changes. I think most microstockers have positive feelings about Veer now, probably in large part due to your efforts.

lagereek

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2011, 01:36 »
Best of luck in  your new venture!  might see you over at Corbis?

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2011, 04:07 »
Good luck Brian.  It was a good year for Corbis in microstock compared to the past but I don't think they should be in the middle tier sites.  There's still a lot of work to get veer competitive with the big 4 microstock sites.  I really hope that's the objective and everyone is working hard to get there.

grp_photo

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2011, 04:12 »
See you at the online contributor platform (long overdue), good to know to have someone there which knows the business as a whole  :). Thank you for your work!

Microbius

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2011, 07:44 »
Thanks for all the hard work and for always being available on the forum to listen and respond.
Good luck in your future role!

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2011, 16:34 »
Thanks for everything, Brian!  You rock!  Looking forward to meeting Chelsey.

Xalanx

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2011, 17:41 »
Congrats Brian, thanks for the good work with Veer!

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2011, 13:06 »
Hello!

Thanks to Brian for the kind words. Were certainly going to miss having him as part of our Community Content Editing team, but know that hell be a huge asset to the macro contributor platform project. Hes been an outstanding leader for our editing team and his new colleagues are lucky to have him!

While Im new to most of you, many of you are very familiar to me, as Ive been reading the forum for a few years since becoming involved in Veers microstock strategy. We truly consider the community here a very important part of the development and evolution of our vision. We love hearing your feedback, for better or worse, and do take all of it into consideration. I hope that many of the strides we made last year reflect that, and I hope youll be inspired to engage in further dialogue with us in 2011 and beyond.

I came to Veer with a formal education in art and photography, and my history here has included time spent as an image researcher, editor, and most recently, Content Curator. In that role, I worked closely with our editors to shape image selection guidelines that aim to balance the needs of both contributors and customers, and reflect the essence of the Veer brand. Were continually refining our practices, and want to help inform your decisions about what to shoot and submit by providing more resources and guidance this year.

Ill leave it at that for now, and welcome your questions and comments. I look forward to getting to know you allif youre planning to be at SXSW in Austin this March, please come by the Veer booth at the tradeshow to say hi in person.

And please dont hold my Canadian accent against me. ;)

Cheers,

Chelsey

-------------------------------------
Chelsey Schaffel
Manager, Veer Creative Content

http://www.veer.com

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2011, 18:09 »
Ouch, Canadian you say; we'll have to keep an eye on you! ;)

Nice to meet you here Chelsey! As contributors it really makes such a difference when our voice is heard and listened to, a little bit of communication goes a long way and Veer has been an example, much appreciated!
Sounds like you have the perfect background to follow Brian up so you wont need a 'good luck', hope you'll enjoy it!
(but still... a canaaaadian?! :P)

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2011, 10:45 »
Welcome here Chelsey.  It's great to have a Veer member here answering our many questions.