pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: GraphicLeftovers - any good news?  (Read 32073 times)

« on: February 09, 2011, 14:07 »
Is anyone still seeing action at GL?   My tiny portfolio made an encouraging number of sales in the first few months, but it all ended in November.  Absolutely zip for 3 months now.  Is it just me?

As often happens in February I'm in a pit of discouragement.   I'd like to resume doing microstock, but I'm done with IS.  That leaves DT and SS, and that's just not enough.  

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 14:13 »
Same boat with you.  Not a regular sale since the first of November.  Just one referral sale in December.  Other than that not a peep.

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 15:13 »
[sigh]

m@m

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 15:19 »
stockastic, you're not alone :-\

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 15:38 »
I only have like 100 pix .. but if it make you feel any better .. here's mine:

Month     Earnings
June 2010           $0.00
July 2010           $0.00
August 2010   $0.00
September 2010   $0.00
October 2010   $0.00
November 2010   $0.00
December 2010   $0.00
January 2011   $0.00
February 2011   $0.00

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 16:07 »
Remarkably consistent sales numbers, the808state.  My numbers at CutCaster are identical.

I uploaded 150 to GL last June.  By November I had a payout.  Woo hoo, I thought!  There is a future!   Then we all talked up GL on this forum, and word got out, and zillions of images poured in, and I became once again just a needle in a  haystack.  We should have kept it quiet.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 16:20 by stockastic »

lisafx

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2011, 16:21 »
I get the occasional sale, but haven't made payout yet.  Don't think I am competing with you guys, though.  I have almost entirely people images. 

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2011, 17:05 »
I get the occasional sale, but haven't made payout yet.  Don't think I am competing with you guys, though.  I have almost entirely people images. 

Lucky you!  They haven't let me submit people pictures yet.  Got a ton o' those.

I had two sales there last month, none in December, two in November.  About halfway to my first payout, which might happen before the end of the year.

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2011, 17:08 »
I like GL. It's a nice site. The reviewers are fair, in my experience. I think they first emphasized vectors (which is what I make), and it may take them a while to get fully up to speed in photos.

Here are my numbers there:

Portfolio Images: 684
Total Earnings: $190.32

Definitely worth the effort IMO, since it is one of the easiest sites to submit to.

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2011, 17:14 »
Yes it is easy to submit to, and they took all my submissions, and added a lot of them to their featured collection.   I like the site, it doesn't appear to be as burdened with the Same Old Stuff as are most others. 

I'm mostly just wondering what went wrong for me starting in November.   Maybe it really was just a matter of making a few sales by getting in early, then getting swamped by the numbers.

Whatever the reason, the party seems to have ended, for me anyway.

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2011, 17:22 »
Portfolio Images: 2491
Total Earnings: $40.34

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2011, 19:17 »
The search feature in GL is the worst of all.
I wonder who is the CEO behind.

ikostudio

• IKOstudio
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2011, 19:41 »
Anyone is having problem with FTP in GraphicLeftovers?

Give me this error:   (Could not connect to server "graphicleftovers". Conection refused)

At least more than 3 weeks that I cant upload anything.

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2011, 20:01 »

We all are.  Details are here, although their 5-7 day estimate has turned out to be optimistic.  Their Flash-based loader works.

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2011, 20:26 »

We all are.  Details are here, although their 5-7 day estimate has turned out to be optimistic.  Their Flash-based loader works.

The backend work for the FTP has taken longer than anticipated. A server move is involved. Nuff said there I guess. We are getting close so don't fret too much. And as Hank says, the site uploader has been in service while the work is being done.

There has been an item in the Seller News which you can see on Login. When FTP is back in service it will be noted there as well.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 20:29 by GL Reviewer »

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2011, 04:19 »
I usually get a few sales a month and quite a lot of referral sales.  I'm quite pleased with them, compared to the other newer sites that have really struggled.  I also like getting 52% commission and every sale makes me over $3.  I might have to sell 6 or more images to make that with some other sites.

Sales might of slowed down a bit because they have been swamped with images.  I have seen this sales dilution with other sites.  Hopefully if we stick with them, they will get more buyers and sales will increase again.  I'm willing to give Graphic Leftovers my full backing because I like the look of the site and they pay a good commission.

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2011, 08:47 »
Last month was my BME with GL and I made more there than I ever have at most of the small stocks.  This month is also continuing with new sales and I'm expecting to be right back in the same (bme or near) category.  So far, so good on GL for me. :)

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2011, 09:45 »
I'm seeing good action at GL.  I think it's one of the best of the up-and-coming sites.  I'm not seeing daily sales, but I typically get several a week.  Here's my stats, without giving enough away to blow my anonymity...

Portfolio Images: 1000+
Total Earnings: $338.52

I've had multiple email exchanges with the folks behind the site and they're an outstanding team.  Keep up the great work!

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2011, 13:16 »
I'll try to take joy in the good fortunes of others.   :)

I have most of these photos on IS, SS and DT and they sell regularly there.  Sadly, I make most of my sales on IS, with the fewest photos.  I sure wish IS hadn't become such a mess.    

Maybe GL has shifted focus and is now selling mainly vectors.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 13:18 by stockastic »

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2011, 13:43 »
I am very happy with GL.  They are outperforming Bigstockphoto for me for 2 consecutive months.  Like Sharpshot, I appreciate that every sale gives me >$3.00, and I get the bulk of the commission. 

There are some glitches in the totals/stats.  For instance my Referral Statistics says that I have 22 clicks, but 0 signups.  Yet I get referral sales.  Not a big deal at all, I just would like to thank the outstanding artists who signed up with me and earned me some money.   8)

Reviews are fast, consistent, and fair imo.  For a new site, they are doing outstanding.  There are microstock sites which formed 2-3 years ago which still never get sales.  Someone at GL clearly knows what they are doing.

lisafx

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2011, 09:00 »
Something else to add to the praise about Graphic Leftovers - very FAST payouts!  I just reached my first payout, thanks to three sales in a row yesterday, and requested a moneybookers payment.  It's already in my account first thing this morning!  Looks like it was paid last night, so just a couple hours turnaround time.  I call that very good news :)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 09:01 by lisafx »

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2011, 10:08 »
I am also very happy with GraphicLeftovers.
Joined 11/30/2010 and now with a portfolio of 1,146 images so far I have already reached a payout this month!
I also have 403 images in the GL Collection. Very happy!!
GL is definitely doing something right!!

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2011, 11:31 »
I wonder if GL is a "feed me" site, where your sales fall off if you don't keep submitting. 

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2011, 12:05 »
I wonder if GL is a "feed me" site, where your sales fall off if you don't keep submitting. 

guess not, I think that happen in SS because of the 100k new files almost every week

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2011, 12:22 »
Had my first sale there this week since November.  Oh and for those that don't know the FTP is back up and if you don't already have one with them it's now automated.  Cept I have and eps and jpg stuck in the FTP that I uploaded last night.  I'll have to see if it's still stuck and give it a little bit more before I contact support or anything about it.

I'm not quite halfway to my first payout.  Glad to hear that they are fast with the payouts unlike FT that does it when they feel like it.

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2011, 15:27 »
Had my first sale there this week since November.  Oh and for those that don't know the FTP is back up and if you don't already have one with them it's now automated.  Cept I have and eps and jpg stuck in the FTP that I uploaded last night.  I'll have to see if it's still stuck and give it a little bit more before I contact support or anything about it.

I'm not quite halfway to my first payout.  Glad to hear that they are fast with the payouts unlike Fotolia that does it when they feel like it.

Anita

For now we are doing manual transfers on the FTP, so not really stuck, they just have to be moved over. This is being a few times a day right now. The transfer will be automated when Daniel Decides on what the intervals need to be. For this moment, the site uploader is quicker because of autotransfer to Queue, sometimes just a few minutes.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 15:30 by GL Reviewer »

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2011, 17:06 »
For now we are doing manual transfers on the FTP, so not really stuck, they just have to be moved over. This is being a few times a day right now. The transfer will be automated when Daniel Decides on what the intervals need to be. For this moment, the site uploader is quicker because of autotransfer to Queue, sometimes just a few minutes.

Ahhh got it now :)  Thanks.

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2011, 19:22 »
Just got a notice of my first sale on a port. of approx. 250 images, another 500+ pending review.

Enough to get a Big Mac ($3.50) or the same as 14 images sold on Shutterstock at $0.25 each.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 06:36 by visceralimage »

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2011, 06:23 »
Me too! First sale cca 250 images online 50 on pending and still uploading...

« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2011, 20:50 »
I've only got a handful of images, and no sales, but they are getting viewed. 

My problem is that I keep losing files in upload.  I upload them, and they never show up in the "unfinished" section - I know how the system works, but they're not even there the next day, never mind in a couple of hours.  This has been happening for a couple of days now.

On the other hand, the support team seems to be very good there.

« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2011, 22:16 »

My problem is that I keep losing files in upload.  I upload them, and they never show up in the "unfinished" section - I know how the system works, but they're not even there the next day, never mind in a couple of hours.  This has been happening for a couple of days now.

Please write us at the site and give your user name when you write. We still have some growing pains with the FTP right now. It is much better for a small submitter to use the site uploader. Please give details of your experience, such as FTP client used, number if images, time uploaded etc.

If you have IPTC in your images, they should go right to queue for initial screening. There is no need for then to go to and Unfinished area unless there is no IPTC present, We don't require placing images into "categories". It's almost silly and you would not believe the number of images that 1) would get it wrong and 2) have images that just don't fit into any preconceived category.

« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2011, 00:22 »
I finally got my first sale today ..  ;D

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2011, 16:08 »
I finally got my first sale today ..  ;D

Yay!

graficallyminded

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2011, 16:25 »
Definitely.  GL has the fastest payouts in the business - it's something I wish was more standard in this business.

« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2011, 16:25 »
I remain a big fan of GL.  They are the freshest breath of air in microstock in years.  Highly recommended!

« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2011, 05:23 »

Please write us at the site and give your user name when you write. We still have some growing pains with the FTP right now. It is much better for a small submitter to use the site uploader. Please give details of your experience, such as FTP client used, number if images, time uploaded etc.

If you have IPTC in your images, they should go right to queue for initial screening. There is no need for then to go to and Unfinished area unless there is no IPTC present, We don't require placing images into "categories". It's almost silly and you would not believe the number of images that 1) would get it wrong and 2) have images that just don't fit into any preconceived category.

I have the same problem... FTP and Web uploading are not work !! I upload more than 500+ images and I don't want to try again....

« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2011, 05:33 »
Definitely.  GL has the fastest payouts in the business - it's something I wish was more standard in this business.

Yes, something like one hour. It's crazy

« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2011, 17:26 »

Yes, something like one hour. It's crazy
When you get an email from GL telling you that you have another sale, it tells you your balance. And if you qualify for a payout, there is a little button in the email itself to click so you can request a payout right then. No one is as eager to pay you as GL  :)

« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2011, 20:46 »
As far as I can tell, they are doing almost everything right.  The Search results are poor compared to the established agencies.  But if they re-think their Search I think they will have a near perfect site for buyers and contributors.

« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2011, 09:53 »

I have the same problem... FTP and Web uploading are not work !! I upload more than 500+ images and I don't want to try again....

For upload problems please email the site with your username an as many details as possible regarding the problem. Stating it here will confirm possible trouble amongst users, but we don't always get a change to check in here.

We are aware of some strange goings on with the FTP and fixes are in progress. The site uploader should function normally. If you have lost images via the site uploader, again, please write us with accurate info.

lagereek

« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2011, 10:32 »
yes, agreeing with djpadanova!  a breath of fresh air in this Micro business world. They know about graphic design and whats commercial and not. Give them a chance, upload as much as possible because this is what we need to invest in,  an agency with a new and fresh horizons!  I think we have had enough problems with some of the others.
In order to make money, we sometimes have to back and push forward certain agencies, they might be our income of tomorrow.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 10:36 by lagereek »

« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2011, 20:45 »

For upload problems please email the site with your username an as many details as possible regarding the problem. Stating it here will confirm possible trouble amongst users, but we don't always get a change to check in here.

We are aware of some strange goings on with the FTP and fixes are in progress. The site uploader should function normally. If you have lost images via the site uploader, again, please write us with accurate info.

Ok, I will try email again.... I sent a mail at 3/18 already, but still no reply.

Xalanx

« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2011, 09:34 »
Any batch features on GLO? I sent about 700 files and they're in "Upload Queue". I'm not really excited about having to go one by one and send them to approval.

lisafx

« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2011, 11:12 »
Any batch features on GLO? I sent about 700 files and they're in "Upload Queue". I'm not really excited about having to go one by one and send them to approval.

They have FTP, and no categories.  I managed to get 5500 pics up in a couple of weeks.  What other features are you looking for?

« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2011, 11:14 »

http://www.microstockgroup.com/new-sites-general/how-graphicleftovers-workflow-works/

I think a quick read through how it all works Xalanx and you'll be alright. You don't have to really do much of anything at GL. :)

Xalanx

« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2011, 11:41 »

http://www.microstockgroup.com/new-sites-general/how-graphicleftovers-workflow-works/

I think a quick read through how it all works Xalanx and you'll be alright. You don't have to really do much of anything at GL. :)

Got it, so the move from queue to pending is done by them. Thanks. Pretty neat.

« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2011, 15:23 »
I'm still losing most of my uploads with them.  They just disappear - never show up in the "unfinished" or "upload queue" even days later.  Pretty annoying.  I have the images, but it's taking days to get even a couple of them online...

« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2011, 04:24 »
I'm still losing most of my uploads with them.  They just disappear - never show up in the "unfinished" or "upload queue" even days later.  Pretty annoying.  I have the images, but it's taking days to get even a couple of them online...
I've been having the same issue the last couple of days

« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2011, 12:51 »
I've been having the same issue the last couple of days

As just stated in the other thread:

If you are still having issues please email us directly with as many details as possible - we don't always check this board. If there are still issues sometimes the only way we find out is via user experience. While we have done a load of testing on the new FTP, as you know it is sometimes impossible to cover every scenario a user might present.

So please give details - date of upload, approximate time of upload, number of images, whether by FTP or site uploader etc.

Just FYI for everyone - images will get to the Queues faster using the site uploader at this time. We have not yet automated the FTP transfers. So FTP stuff may sit for several hours, while stuff will transfer via the site uploader in sometimes about 10 minutes.

« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2011, 22:35 »
Well, they just promptly solved my problem. 

So, again - nice to deal with.

« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2011, 20:40 »
I get a staggering number of views on GL considering I've had no sales in 6 months.  The ratio of sales to views is something like 1/10 of what it is on IS, and my view numbers are still going up, week after week, with no sales.  

I am wondering what accounts for the thousands of views that never result in sales.  Has anyone else noticed this?  
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 20:44 by stockastic »

« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2011, 22:48 »
I have - with a small port of 20ish images, and 2 months or so on there, I have over 300 views and no sales.

« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2011, 00:48 »
I never take any notice of views, the sites use different ways to calculate views.  GL have enough sales to keep me interested.

CD123

« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2011, 05:47 »
Some sites can not differentiate between "human views" and visits by automated crawlers used by the search engines like Google, so they count those as views as well. Ignore views on sites on which you notice such a high counts, as it normally is due to this.

« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2011, 22:41 »
ah! good to know.  ;)

« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2011, 12:00 »
They have lots of views, but none of them have any money!

« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2011, 13:12 »
First sale for me for around 400 vector file there since February. It kind off suprised me with that sale :p

Xalanx

« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2011, 13:29 »
got some 11000+ views in about 1-2 months, but no sales. 683 images, of which 64 "GL Collection Images".

Microbius

« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2011, 13:45 »
Still getting nice steady sales there, usually 1 a day or every two days.
I also price up a lot of my illustrations so all in all it's working out to be a nice little earner.
I'm glad I'm actually getting a bit of a return from one of smaller the sites I'm supporting on "moral" grounds!

« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2011, 14:05 »
Portfolio Images: 2,810
GL Collection Images: 161
Total Image Views: 123,824
Total Sales: 15
Total Earnings: 43.16$

« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2011, 14:06 »
I suppose that when a new site gets known for fair pricing, and for being easy to submit to, the images might pour in a lot faster than the buyers.  Maybe that's why I got sales in my first few month (last year) and then it dried up.  I'm guessing their client base is pretty narrow in focus and as a result a few contributors may find that they sell pretty well, but  most will just sit there.  Same with CC.  

But the reported number of views is crazy.

Microbius

« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2011, 02:26 »
I don't think it's fair to compare them to CC.
CC may have good intentions but I think I managed one sale there before I stopped uploading.
GL is in another league, still not the premier league of course!!

« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2011, 03:43 »
Portfolio Images: 556
GL Collection Images: 133
Total Earnings: $3.12
Total Image Views: 11,987
Total Sales: 1

« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2011, 04:34 »
I think GL is one of the best looking sites out there.
Only one sale, but it was an image that hasn't sold everywhere else.

GL Collection:6
One sale: 3.12
Views: 693

Microbius

« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2011, 04:46 »
Could this be an illustration vs photo thing?
I mainly do illustrations, maybe they are still better known as a graphics site?

« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2011, 04:57 »
I've sold 28 photos.  I don't have many illustrations but I've sold a few of those as well.  It's not big numbers but I'm pleased with their progress and I see some of my referrals are doing well.  I think most of the people that struggle to sell anything with GL will struggle with lots of other sites as well.  Some people have less than 500 images that aren't ideal for stock and they would probably be better off sticking to the big sites until their portfolio is much bigger or they have more good stock images.

« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2011, 09:15 »
I don't think it's fair to compare them to CC.
CC may have good intentions but I think I managed one sale there before I stopped uploading.
GL is in another league, still not the premier league of course!!

Sure they are.. not that I had a lot of sales but comparing to CC.. CC even got approved corrupted files, they arent paying attention and they are not worth uploading, I have been "updating" my portfolio into some agencies and they werent one of them

« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2011, 12:57 »

Thank you. But just wait, more things are coming. That's all I'm saying. My lips are now sealed  ;)

« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2011, 13:52 »

Thank you. But just wait, more things are coming. That's all I'm saying. My lips are now sealed  ;)

Ya tease LOL!

I'm about 3 downloads away from payout.  It's taken over a year to get there but I'm pretty content.  OOO!  Just saw that I have an image in the Fourth of July Lightbox Thank you :)

Total Image Views: 20,056
Total Sales: 13
Total Earnings:  $41.36
Portfolio Images: 359
GL Collection Images: 7

« Reply #69 on: May 25, 2011, 10:32 »

This is good news! My GL earnings keep increasing, if the site upgrade increases the rate more, GL could become one of my major earners.

« Reply #70 on: May 25, 2011, 15:54 »
So, what is your GL percentage of your portfolio...?  GL No#/ Port. No#*100

Mine is 24,23%

« Reply #71 on: June 03, 2011, 07:58 »

Thank you. But just wait, more things are coming. That's all I'm saying. My lips are now sealed  ;)

One new thing that came was that they deleted some 400+ of my images (out of 500+) with this mail:

"We continue here at Graphic Leftovers with our site grooming which is designed to clear the image database of intellectual property issues. Images may be removed from your portfolio that range in subject from vehicles to consumer electronics to recognizable persons.
Because of the changing landscape of intellectual property issues, we need to do our best to assure Creative Content that is "Safe" for Buyers to use for any purpose including their advertising work. Redundant content or content which we feel does not meet today's competitive quality standards will also be removed.
We are sorry to say but many images were deleted due to the following:
1. Out of focus, dirt on surfaces, dirty or dented backgrounds
2. Poor photoshop editing - isolations
3. Poor lighting
4. Photos of hotels and other properties we cannot take
5. Poor photo images with high grain, out of focus or lighting issues
6. Simple or low commercial value images
In the future, please submit only your best work".

Me, stupid: I was sure I have to submit only my worst.
Never submitted copyrighted images (or they reject it first time I submit). And, like I've said to them, if I submitted OOF, poor edited, poor lighted images, why did they accept them?
Other thing I'd like is a little education and a little less arrogance: you know, things like "Hello", "Regards" and stuff like that.
I'd really, really like that sites like this one, who have the presumption to be fair with the contributors, would consider contributors collaborators and not annoying botherers.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 08:44 by Koufax73 »

« Reply #72 on: June 03, 2011, 10:19 »
Ouch,  that was harsh.

Getting an email that said "in the future please submit only your best work" wouldn't exactly make my day either.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 10:27 by stockastic »

« Reply #73 on: June 03, 2011, 10:27 »
I actually dont think about it, I do have a few rejections and are approved at SS, IS, FT, DT etc.. I believe they know a lot more about illustrations than photos but who cares? I keep on uploading just like other agency, close to payout too

« Reply #74 on: June 03, 2011, 12:03 »

Thank you. But just wait, more things are coming. That's all I'm saying. My lips are now sealed  ;)

One new thing that came was that they deleted some 400+ of my images (out of 500+) with this mail:

"We continue here at Graphic Leftovers with our site grooming which is designed to clear the image database of intellectual property issues. Images may be removed from your portfolio that range in subject from vehicles to consumer electronics to recognizable persons.
Because of the changing landscape of intellectual property issues, we need to do our best to assure Creative Content that is "Safe" for Buyers to use for any purpose including their advertising work. Redundant content or content which we feel does not meet today's competitive quality standards will also be removed.
We are sorry to say but many images were deleted due to the following:
1. Out of focus, dirt on surfaces, dirty or dented backgrounds
2. Poor photoshop editing - isolations
3. Poor lighting
4. Photos of hotels and other properties we cannot take
5. Poor photo images with high grain, out of focus or lighting issues
6. Simple or low commercial value images
In the future, please submit only your best work".

Me, stupid: I was sure I have to submit only my worst.
Never submitted copyrighted images (or they reject it first time I submit). And, like I've said to them, if I submitted OOF, poor edited, poor lighted images, why did they accept them?
Other thing I'd like is a little education and a little less arrogance: you know, things like "Hello", "Regards" and stuff like that.
I'd really, really like that sites like this one, who have the presumption to be fair with the contributors, would consider contributors collaborators and not annoying botherers.

Looks like they are finally tightening up control of intellectual property and copyrighted works. I mentioned this last year how they had so many files with copyright infrigement issues that i couldnt take this site seriously. Maybe they are starting to get real buyer traffic. I also mentioned that Graphicleftovers as a company name makes me feel like im shopping in the bargain bin/the throw away aisle/hobby central...

« Reply #75 on: June 03, 2011, 13:14 »
I agree the name is a bit weak.  No worse than 'Cutcaster' though.