MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: picWorkflow as an iSyndica replacement  (Read 4463 times)

« on: February 21, 2011, 21:32 »
Is anyone else using picWorkflow.com? I've been using it for about a month now, and like it so far. It doesn't seem to be a huge improvement over what iSyndica was offering, but I'm just glad to have a bulk syndication option again.

I'm am 99.99% a vector-only artist, and submitting vectors has been pretty easy so far.  I like how submitting vectors is simple, and that you even CAN submit vectors. I haven't submitted any photos with them, but I'm sure its just as easy (if not easier) than vectors.  It is 1 per syndication/upload (same as iSyndica was). There are no startup costs, so it is very affordable. When I signed up, there was a promo to get a few free credits, but I'm not sure if they're still offering that.

Here's what I like and don't like so far. I like how easy it is to add microstock sites to syndicate to. It is also fairly easy to add metadata and keywords. It took a bit to figure out their process, but once I got the hang of it, it was easy. I don't really like that they don't have stats yet, but it looks like they're working hard on that. I don't like how picWorkflow makes you pay extra to store files there for an extended period of time. Currently, files will "expire" soon after you add them to your picWorkflow account, unless you pay a small fee to keep them there. I think it is "fair" that they make you pay for this, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. 

Overall, it is definitely comparable to what iSyndica had going, and hopefully they will keep adding features and improving. Their customer support has been much better than iSyndica, and that fact alone is a great indicator that they will continue to be successful and provide great value to us microstockers.

What are the things you like about picWorkflow? What are some tips you have to get the most out of their product?

~ Eli
www.graphicgravy.com

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 10:02 »
I use the service and I'm starting to enjoy it more than isyndica. I think Bob, the owner doesn't sleep and just works on picWorkflow and picniche around the clock  :). In picWorkflow's short existence there are constant improvements. I think stats and distributing to things like fb and flickr are on the list.

I literally made hundreds of extra dollars because I used isyndica, by distributing to sites I would never otherwise have bothered with and distributing more to the sites I do bother with and I even made $100 or so from a photo which was distributed to flickr with an isyndica watermark and from there it was then sent to Clustershot. The buyer contacted me to request the full sized image without the watermark. I wasn't really sending photos to flickr (or clustershot) before isyndica, but I thought why not as it's so easy now.

Also picWorkflow, as with isyndica, you can see in one place where all your images have been sent, you can adjust the keywords, title, descriptions quite easily. Plus they have a paid keywording service, where you can control how many keywords you want and therefore control the price and I think even choose how much to pay for each keyword, but I'm not sure about that or how that works if it's possible.

I love seeing picWorkflow develop and it will be interesting to see what improvements it will have in the future.

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 11:09 »
Wow, both those posts sound like adverts.

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 11:14 »

Lol, I just love the service.

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 11:21 »
I am waiting for the stats service to be ready...

it will be good if i can just login the pages and check every account stats..

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 13:44 »

Haha. No "adverts" from me. I don't even think they have an affiliate program to reward links and referrals.

Like Komar said, I like having the service available. Probably like Kumar, I wouldn't be able to reach as many sites without a syndication tool like picWorkflow.

picWorkflow is not perfect yet, but the owner obviously spends a lot of time and care to make it work. I don't know the owner personally, but he's been quick to reply to my numerous technical support questions. My strategy has been to put my portfolio on as many legitimate and recommended sites as possible. To do that, I have to have a syndication tool, or I would spend too much time, and it wouldn't be worth it.

~ Eli
www.graphicgravy.com

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 18:13 »
Haha, yeah.... I certainly like the direction it's going, but it could definitely benefit from a better user interface.