MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: New CSS @ iStock - Sean's Greasemonkey script working again!  (Read 18706 times)

« on: March 02, 2011, 17:36 »
IS updated their "My Uploads" list (added editorial column - I guess).

Sean's Greasemonkey script is not working on my machine: WIN7, FF 3.6.13
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 10:09 by click_click »

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 17:49 »
I noticed the same thing. Mac and FF here. Sean's greasemonkey script was awesome, a sad ending to his hard work. The new CSS look horrible as is, but I figure its still work in progress. I guess I eventually grow accustomed to anything, even IS' methods.

lisafx

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 18:22 »
C'mon - why would they want to change the "my uploads" page so contributors can't use a script showing what each image sold for...???  Surely they would want that information to continue to be readily and easily available to us  ;)

The whole page looks just terrible!  So confusing!  And they changed the way the date is showing, which is a major PITA for Americans, but probably an improvement to the rest of the world. 

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 18:25 »
C'mon - why would they want to change the "my uploads" page so contributors can't use a script showing what each image sold for...???  Surely they would want that information to continue to be readily and easily available to us  ;)

The whole page looks just terrible!  So confusing!  And they changed the way the date is showing, which is a major PITA for Americans, but probably an improvement to the rest of the world. 

I just went to check it out. I noticed that stupid date change, I hate that.

I hope Sean can fix his script so we can use it again. Not that I need it that much anymore, but I do notice today I am back on the plus side. (Cashed out, they deducted money because of fraud images so I was negative for a month and a half or so.)

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 18:26 »
Yikes! It's unreadable.

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 18:32 »
The greasemonkey bar is still there but at the bottom of the page instead of the top
ETA - It's there but not working for me. It gets stuck on 'waiting'
It seems they can't do anything without f*cking something else up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 18:49 by fotografer »

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 18:50 »
The greasemonkey bar is still there but at the bottom of the page instead of the top
ETA - It's there but not working for me. It gets stuck on 'waiting'
It seems they can't do anything without f*cking something else up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not seeing any bar at the bottom.  :(

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 18:54 »
The buttons of the script are at the bottom of the list but once clicked the status remains on "Waiting".

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, 19:21 »
Thanks for pointing me to the bottom of the page. I see them now I've scrolled down, and - they're working for me. The CSS still stays screwed up, though.

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2011, 19:33 »
Here's what I see in the list in the left column on the My Uploads page:
      My Account
          o Profile
          o Shopping Cart (0)
          o Purchase History
                + Orders
                + Pay-As-You-Go Credits
                + Subscription Credits
                + Events
                + Prints
                + Digital Files
                + Coupon Redemption
          o Download History
                + Pay-As-You-Go Downloads
                + Subscription Downloads
          o Lightboxes
          o Referral Program
                + Referral Earnings
          o Preferences
      Communication
          o Site Mail
          o Friends
                + Ignore List
          o Subscribed Feeds
      Contributor Tools
          o Upload
          o My Uploads
                + Details
                + Subscriptions
                + Extended Licenses
                + Prints
                + Designs
                + Lightboxes
                + Disambiguation

I clicked everything under Contributor Tools and don't see the scripts. Am I in the wrong place?

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2011, 20:19 »
Goto the "My Uploads" page.

In the center column at the very bottom (underneath your uploads) are the two buttons for Sean's Greasemonkey script.

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2011, 20:40 »

Frankly I am disappointed that they didn't use his idea to actually make an improvement to that page.  I am sure Sean will fix it since he is Superman.

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2011, 22:54 »
They broke the only really usable functionality on that page - Sean's script to show you your most recent sales (plural if there were more than one that day which is so helpful, and extended licenses instead of having to crawl under the porch to try and find out which image).

They made the thumbnails tiny so they're even less useful than before (I liked pastorscott's term that they were now hangnails, not thumbnails :))

And they explained this was OK as these people were different from the ones trying to make search work.

Tossers.

And as far as the date goes, they should just have date format along with language and currency as preferences. That way everyone gets what is customary in their country.

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2011, 22:54 »
http://www.istockphoto.com/forum_messages.php?threadid=297012&page=2#post5979912

BTW, I don't think the thumbnail size changed.  It's still 30px wide as I remember.

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2011, 23:02 »
wonderful - installed and works a treat. Last sale is where it should be on the right.

Some folks in Calgary should be drawing an object lesson from this (one can only hope).

Thank you, thank you thank you.....

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2011, 02:49 »
I have those two buttons on the earnings page but when I press them they don't do anything.  Is the script 'out of order' again or am i just slow figuring things out?

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2011, 03:42 »
Thanks Sean, You're the man !!!

PaulieWalnuts

• We Have Exciting News For You
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2011, 03:42 »
Thanks Sean.  Huge improvement. That new version was painful to look at.

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2011, 04:07 »
I have those two buttons on the earnings page but when I press them they don't do anything.  Is the script 'out of order' again or am i just slow figuring things out?
same here. It has moved the buttons to the top of the page but they don't do anything when I click them.  Most other things have changed but it hasn't moved the last dl column to the far right either.

RacePhoto

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2011, 04:23 »
I have those two buttons on the earnings page but when I press them they don't do anything.  Is the script 'out of order' again or am i just slow figuring things out?
same here. It has moved the buttons to the top of the page but they don't do anything when I click them.  Most other things have changed but it hasn't moved the last dl column to the far right either.

ME too, but I figured it was me or something not being reloaded or cache or... I'll keep trying. If I find an answer I'll be back. :D

Firefox/3.6.14 tried shutting down and re-loading the page, also refresh data. Maybe tomorrow?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 04:26 by RacePhoto »

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2011, 04:25 »

ME too, but I figured it was me or something not being reloaded or cache or... I'll keep trying. If I find an answer I'll be back. :D
Thanks, I didn't want to write anything on the IS forums as it seems to work for everybody else and I didn't want to look stupid!!
Maybe it doesn't like independents ;)

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2011, 08:24 »
New script won't work on my machine either.

Buttons are on top but nothing happens when pressed.

WIN7 and FF 3.6.14

microstockphoto.co.uk

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2011, 10:19 »
And they changed the way the date is showing, which is a major PITA for Americans, but probably an improvement to the rest of the world.  

Ha ha, this is the only good thing they did in years! ;D

Way to go, maybe one day they'll even stop showing resolution in px/cm for the metric system! Never seen that unit before. Yes, we Europeans "invert" dates but we use DPI just like everybody.

Not that these are their major problems anyway.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 10:22 by microstockphoto.co.uk »

lisafx

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2011, 10:45 »
Thanks for offering the updated scripts Sean.  Unfortunately they aren't working for me.  Hit the button, but nothing happens.  Just upgraded to latest Firefox yesterday, so doubt that's the problem...

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2011, 10:55 »
When I try to order them by last DL the dates are all screwed up?!

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2011, 14:36 »

make sure you aren't reading them wrong as they are now no-American. DAY/MONTH/YEAR rather than MONTH/DAY/Year

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2011, 17:46 »

make sure you aren't reading them wrong as they are now no-American. DAY/MONTH/YEAR rather than MONTH/DAY/Year

Yeah, lol...

I've got a new fixes script up you can try.  I've added some options you can set (link at top of page under the other links).  Let me know if you have issues:
http://www.digitalplanetdesign.com/scripts/IS_myUploads_fixes.user.js

The addData script didn't change aside from moving the buttons somewhere else.  I would uninstall both scripts, then install the fixes one and new addData one.  LMK if there are any things in the error console.

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2011, 18:28 »

Yeah, lol...

I've got a new fixes script up you can try.  I've added some options you can set (link at top of page under the other links).  Let me know if you have issues:
http://www.digitalplanetdesign.com/scripts/IS_myUploads_fixes.user.js

The addData script didn't change aside from moving the buttons somewhere else.  I would uninstall both scripts, then install the fixes one and new addData one.  LMK if there are any things in the error console.

Sean, I'm getting this error in the console...
Line 84 Error: rows[0].childNodes is undefined

lisafx

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2011, 18:30 »
I uninstalled both the old script and the new one, then reinstalled the new one.  Now I'm not getting anything at all.  Should I have not uninstalled the old one? 

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2011, 18:37 »
I uninstalled both the old script and the new one, then reinstalled the new one.  Now I'm not getting anything at all.  Should I have not uninstalled the old one? 

I have looked all over the My Uploads page, and I don't see buttons. Period. I uninstalled the old scripts and installed Sean's new one, and I still don't see any buttons anywhere. Not in the left column at the bottom, which is what the page says at the top, nor in the center column, below my uploads.

lisafx

« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2011, 18:40 »
I managed to see the buttons by installing the Add Data script linked here:

http://www.istockphoto.com/forum_messages.php?threadid=297012&messageid=5979912

It gives me the buttons, but clicking on them does nothing.  Can't figure what I'm doing wrong...  :-[

« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2011, 18:57 »
Read my post here about a Greasemonkey problem and workaround. See if that might be what's wrong in your case too.

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2011, 19:05 »

It gives me the buttons, but clicking on them does nothing.  Can't figure what I'm doing wrong...  :-[

Thanks Lisa, that gave me buttons now too. They don't work for me either but at least I am caught up. Will try Joann's workaround now. Thanks Sean, Lisa and Joann.

« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2011, 19:35 »

It gives me the buttons, but clicking on them does nothing.  Can't figure what I'm doing wrong...  :-[

Thanks Lisa, that gave me buttons now too. They don't work for me either but at least I am caught up. Will try Joann's workaround now. Thanks Sean, Lisa and Joann.

----------------------------
I in the same situation as lisa and cclapper.  No time to try work around at this point

lisafx

« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2011, 19:39 »
JoAnn, I read your workaround, but not sure if that's my problem.  The Greasemonkey install window disappears after I install the script. 

Also, I have no idea where the files are stored that you are referencing.  Looked in Firefox under program files and nothing about Greasemonkey there. 

« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2011, 19:42 »
JoAnn, I read your workaround, but not sure if that's my problem.  The Greasemonkey install window disappears after I install the script. 

Also, I have no idea where the files are stored that you are referencing.  Looked in Firefox under program files and nothing about Greasemonkey there. 

Ditto here. The install window disappears and all appears to have installed correctly. When I go to Manage Scripts, they are listed there.

« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2011, 20:30 »
They will be listed there even if there's the bug. If you shut Firefox down and restart it and the scripts are no longer listed in the Greasemonkey window, then that's the bug.

I'm on a Mac and I think you're both Windows, but here are the default locations for both should you need to look.

Mac

/Users/YOUR_USER/library/Application Support/Firefox/profiles/RANDOM_NAME/gm_scripts

in my case it's josnover and e0zhs87a.default

Windows

C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\RANDOM_NAME\gm_scripts

In the gm_scripts folder is a text file config.xml which will have an entry for each script installed. Each script will have its own folder and the .js file is in there - for example is_myuploads_fixes.user.js

If all the files are in place after an install and the install dialog has been dismissed, then it's not the problem I wrote about.

« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2011, 20:32 »
Thanks JoAnn. I'm on a mac. I'll go check it out.

edited: I shut FF down. In the gm_scripts folder was:
config.xml
in the is_myuploads_adddata folder was a file with the same name and .user.js on the end
in the is_myuploads_fixes folder was a file with the same name and .user.js on the end

There was another folder called gm_scripts08 with a config.xml file in it and I deleted that, as it appeared to be the old one.

The gm scripts are still in the user scripts window. The buttons still don't work. I saw something in that thread about gm not working with Growl. I might have that installed. I will check that out.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 20:40 by cclapper »

« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2011, 20:47 »
did you guys update to the newest version of FF?

« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2011, 21:09 »

Thanks - we just figured that out.  It was an exclusive/non thing.  I just put up a new version that should work.

« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2011, 21:50 »

Thanks - we just figured that out.  It was an exclusive/non thing.  I just put up a new version that should work.

Yay, it works! Thanks, Sean, for getting this working again. And thanks for your help too Lisa and Joann.

« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2011, 22:36 »

Yay, it works! Thanks, Sean, for getting this working again. And thanks for your help too Lisa and Joann.

-------------------------
Awesome!  Works for me as well.  sjlocke for CEO!

« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2011, 03:36 »
Works perfectly again.  Thank you for going to the trouble for us indies
I said earlier that it didn't seem to like non exclusives and I was right :)

« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2011, 10:05 »
Thanks Sean! Good work.

« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2011, 11:33 »
Lol... Sean, I was all amped about my own little script I wrote to resize the thumbs. I'm a js newb... was going to play around with it today and post it, but here you go giving us this wicked sick script... thanks! I'll stick to stock photography lol.

« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2011, 12:40 »
Ha ha... Ah well, glad you're enjoying it.  I'm just a hacker.

lisafx

« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2011, 15:45 »
Thanks for the additional fix, Sean.  What's the link to update to the newest version?

« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2011, 16:00 »
I just keep replacing the same file, so at the original link.

lisafx

« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2011, 18:12 »
Woohoo!!  Working for me now.  Looks great.  Wish Istock would take a cue from you and design their page this way.

Thanks a lot for this :)

lisafx

« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2011, 18:14 »
BTW, looks like they have put the date back to the North American configuration: m/d/y. 

RacePhoto

« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2011, 18:37 »

Yeah Baby! Thanks the fix works.

« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2011, 18:45 »
BTW, looks like they have put the date back to the North American configuration: m/d/y. 

That's just the script changing it per your preference in the options near the top.

lisafx

« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2011, 19:09 »

That's just the script changing it per your preference in the options near the top.

Oh, that's great! What a relief.  Retraining my brain to see dates the other way was proving to be a challenge.  

How wonderful I can just look at what I want to see.  Sean, you should invent a script for real life ;D

Thanks again!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 19:12 by lisafx »

« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2011, 15:03 »

Oh, that's great! What a relief.  Retraining my brain to see dates the other way was proving to be a challenge.  

How wonderful I can just look at what I want to see.  Sean, you should invent a script for real life ;D

Thanks again!

okay.. after procrastinating and never adding the script, I finally added it today -- mainly because the dates were hurting my head trying to convert them to the american way of reading dates.  :)  I just have to add.. this is fabulous!  thanks Sean!! 

« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2011, 15:11 »
Whew, you're welcome!

(everytime I see I new post, I'm worried something else broke)

« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2011, 15:26 »
Whew, you're welcome!

(everytime I see I new post, I'm worried something else broke)

ha!  didn't mean to give you a scare, but really - this is great.  I feel like I should buy you a beer or something! :)

« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2011, 16:09 »
No, I would never accept a beer.

(drinks beer)

lisafx

« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2011, 15:06 »
Did they break this again?   

There is nothing showing in the Last DL column at all, and when I push the size/royalty button I get a row of N/A.  Same for EL row. 

Starting to get the feeling they don't want us to have this info and are screwing it up on purpose. 

« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2011, 15:33 »
No, it's still working here...

Xalanx

« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2011, 15:40 »
Working for me also. Great work, Sean!

(drinks Coke)

lisafx

« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2011, 16:34 »
Nevermind.  Working now.  Don't know what I did, but at least it's showing now.

« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2011, 16:47 »
And they changed the way the date is showing, which is a major PITA for Americans, but probably an improvement to the rest of the world. 
I thought it was set according to the member's country now. After all, Canada also uses M-D-Y like the USA, or not?