pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Fotolia rejecting everything lately  (Read 12127 times)

« on: March 06, 2011, 15:56 »
Well this is fun, these guys are rejecting everything that I have sent to them in the last 4 uploads, before that they might throw out 1 per. I can understand a rejection now and then but when you send to 12 sites and only have a few rejections here and there, then you know that it is just the site or inspector that does not like your photo. But when they throw everything out with the email that says did not meet desired level of aesthetic quality on everything that is being sent in, something is wrong. Is anyone else getting this or is it just me and what I am sending?

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 16:01 »
Not just you. I've been getting the same reasons. I'm thinkingvnew inspectors but I don't know.

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 17:22 »
Their reviewing is a big joke. I'm rebuilding my portfolio there after i changed from USD to EUR. Sometimes they accept a whole batch, sometimes 50/50 or they just reject everything. The last view days it's been 90% reject. There is just no logic to be found why they would accept/reject a shot. Also their rejection reasons are useless.

I'm already considering dropping FT again..

KB

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 17:40 »
Sounds like standard operating procedure at Fotolia; nothing's changed. I hate Fotolia -- they were one of the main reasons I became exclusive at iStock -- I blame them for what has happened!  ;D

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2011, 07:32 »
I still have 10 more photos waiting to be rejected by them. If they do reject most of them as they have in the past uploads lately, I will not upload to them for a month or two and then try a few again in hopes that the new inspectors can get over their I don't like anything attitude.

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2011, 08:17 »
In this period I have, more or less, 100% work accepted. Yesterday 50 and 50 ecc. Some works accepted on Fotolia and Shutterstock are rejected by dreamstime and vice versa. There're not reason...never. Just luck.

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2011, 09:03 »
I seem to go through phases there where they hate everything!!! and their reasons are of no use at all.

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2011, 09:29 »
They accept everything of mine that has a model release but not so much photos without people.

tab62

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2011, 11:10 »
I feel it solely depends on the editor- maybe they had a bad day or told to be reject a lot. I tend to send maybe 10 pics in a batch just in case I get a ticked off editor thus not wasting a large batch...

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2011, 13:57 »
Just checked... I've had one rejection in the past 100 submissions, which has been fairly consistent for the past three years.  I wonder if they look at a contributor's sales as guidance into how closely to examine submissions.  Fotolia has become my number one agency for sales.  I'll be unpopular for saying this, but keep it up Fotolia, whatever you're doing!

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2011, 17:35 »
Just went and counted, in the last 20 submitted I have had 10 in a row out of the last 11 rejected and 9 still waiting. In the last 100 I have had 50/50, in the 100 before that I was at 25 rejected, and the 100 before that was about the same. About 90% of those are all for "did not meet desired level of aesthetic quality". As I said before I will wait and see what they do with the next 9 and go from there, maybe I will have to contact them to see what the deal is. Maybe I need to get some pointers from the ones that are getting almost all of their stuff accepted.

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2011, 19:10 »
just make a list when this happened. ft have a working plan for reviewers. Normaly it was at monday when everything was rejected, now it has changed.

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2011, 20:16 »
That can definitely be quite frustrating to spend your valuable time uploading and trying to do everything right, only to find out your files have not been accepted in the end.  We would love to see those unhappy with the big microstock agencies come over to the "little microstock site that could".   :)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 20:18 by stockfuel »

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2011, 10:19 »
I know this a old post but it falls right in with what is going on now. Sent in 20 photos with the same model in 3 different outfits (complete change of clothes) in 4 different locations at and around the beach. I Made sure to put different titles on them to have a good mix. Had 15 of them rejected for similar! So then I sent in 50 photos of all kinds of things and only 3 of them of a person, they inspected and rejected 25 of them in 2 min and then rejected all but 5 in the next 4 hours all in all only 4 for technical and the rest for "did not meet desired level of aesthetic quality".
Is anyone else having these problems or am I just lucky

wut

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2011, 10:51 »
Their reviewing is a big joke. I'm rebuilding my portfolio there after i changed from USD to EUR. Sometimes they accept a whole batch, sometimes 50/50 or they just reject everything. The last view days it's been 90% reject. There is just no logic to be found why they would accept/reject a shot. Also their rejection reasons are useless.

I'm already considering dropping FT again..

I'd just like to ask what's the advantage of that? Are the payments in 1:1 ratio (eg 1$=1EUR)? If that's the case I'll do the same

Wim

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2011, 13:57 »
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 02:38 by Wim »

Phadrea

This user is banned.
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2012, 12:24 »
I sent 10 of my best images. Only one made it. It's astonishing. Images that even SS and IS took from me. Not sure if I can be bothered to pursue and income here as they are not the best seller. Too picky for my liking.

wut

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2012, 12:37 »
I'm gonna try my luck tomorrow. If I don't get over 90% in (I got 100% in at other agencies), I'm going to stop my uploads there. They're only my 5th best seller (not even 10% of SS' earnings) and I only contribute to 8 sites

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2012, 14:12 »
I sent 10 of my best images. Only one made it. It's astonishing. Images that even SS and IS took from me. Not sure if I can be bothered to pursue and income here as they are not the best seller. Too picky for my liking.

I had the same experience when I first submitted back when they opened for business in 2005.  Out of my first ten, the only one they accepted was a Photoshop creation of a scanned original.  I tried another submission a month later and had better luck.  Off topic, but I stopped submitting five months ago with their last royalty reduction and have been deleting my portfolio ever since.  They're just not worth it to me.

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2012, 17:03 »
FL acceptance very heavily depends on image content and less on technical quality though they are picky on that one too.

In my experience:
Staged pictures of people with good lighting are accepted well.
Textures/backgrounds - not so well but not too bad
Industrial landscapes - many rejections although they are good sellers elsewhere
Landscapes & nature - very bad acceptance, most rejected

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2012, 17:19 »
if you shoot isolations and people not a single reject

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2012, 18:17 »
FL acceptance very heavily depends on image content and less on technical quality though they are picky on that one too.

In my experience:
Industrial landscapes - many rejections although they are good sellers elsewhere

Yeah, this seems to be the difference between IS and SS / FT / DT - IS don't seem to look much beyond the technical but man do they take it down to pixel level - the rest will forgive slight technical imperfections if they believe the subject has some interest.

Phadrea

This user is banned.
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2012, 06:39 »
Loads more rejections and a tax form to fill in. Where is the incentive ? I'm not bothering and might pull my images.

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2012, 07:31 »

In my experience:

I think your sales record also has much to do with acceptance rate at FT. Those who get to Gold or above have very few rejections almost irrespective of the subject they upload.

If you are leaving exclusivity with Istock then FT may agree to start you at a level appropriate to your sales at Istock which also means higher commissions. They have certainly done this in the past.