pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Futrue iStock Submission Pic  (Read 4486 times)

tab62

« on: March 08, 2011, 15:50 »
Here is one pic I am considering for submission- please let me know if this will cut the mustard so to speak.

Thanks.

Tom

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 16:35 »
Hi Tom;

I like this image because but it missed the mark on a couple avenues.  In stock, we must think of concepts.  In tennis, line shots great because they show the skill of the game but you have two balls in this image; so this can not be used to show that the ball hit the line-why would two balls hit the line at the same time.  The shadow is also going to cause problems at many agencies, just a bit to dark.

If it was me, I might put a bit more thought into this concept, it is a good start.

Maybe same image but suspend the ball a couple centimeter above the line with piece of fishing line (clone out the fishing line after the shot).  Or, a more challenging image, do a multi-flash image of the ball approaching the line

I agree with you, shoot what you love.  You love tennis; put a lot of thought into the game and images you think convey the love of the sport and the intensity of the game.

Another interesting shot;  close up of only the racket head with ball hitting the racket, ball shows a slight flatten area where it hits the fabric of racket and fabric shows a bit of stretch from impact of ball.  This would be another challenging shot to do but I believe you can do it.  maybe even step it up more, have the racket slightly blurred by using rear-curtain sync on your flash and a slower shutter speed but the impact would be sharp because the flash would stop all action at the very end.

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 09:59 »
Technically speaking we might need to see the image larger (with a watermark), the depth of field seems shallow and maybe only half the tennis ball is in focus, that might be another issue (but I am not an experience photographer so don't take my word for it). ;p

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 11:06 »
I personally like the concept.  Have you searched iStock for similar?  As noted above, playing with different lighting angles and different depths of field, different vertical angle, might make it more interesting (or not).  Take several similar and pick a couple to send in.  I long ago stopped trying to guess what might sell, I just try to get them accepted.
Good luck.

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 05:35 »
What type of tennis balls are you using? And are they fresh? I would suggest altering the lighting or editing the tennis balls to make them stand out a little more and be a bit brighter. They dont look very fresh. You could also redo the image using new brighter balls which will give the same effect as the techniques stated above.

lagereek

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 05:46 »
Too basic, IMO, dont forget, IS have raised the bar, same as SS and DT.

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2011, 05:59 »
What type of tennis balls are you using? And are they fresh? I would suggest altering the lighting or editing the tennis balls to make them stand out a little more and be a bit brighter. They dont look very fresh. You could also redo the image using new brighter balls which will give the same effect as the techniques stated above.

I'd suggest not going through all the old critique threads adding your two cents until you can produce a bit better yourself.

deyu16

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2011, 19:15 »
Here is one pic I am considering for submission- please let me know if this will cut the mustard so to speak.

Thanks.

Tom

first impression ...pour lightining