pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Rejections- Rejections  (Read 5451 times)

tab62

« on: March 25, 2011, 23:38 »
Hi Stock Folks,

I was rejected on a photo that I though was a winner- guess not.

Here is what the editor stated-

Focus--Your image is not in focus or focus is not located where we feel it works best.

Here is the image. Any ideas on where the focus should be?

Thanks.

Tom

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 23:46 »
How are we to look at the focus if you don't give us a full size image?

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 23:51 »
Probably should've been more on the tennis ball than on the out of bounds line in front of it since the actual "focus" of the image is a tennis ball in flight.  That's presuming that the tennis ball is somewhat out of focus and it's hard to tell from that size.

*edit*

Just noticed the link to the image and it does look slightly OOF on the left of the ball.  It's also possible it could get nailed for white balance and lighting. 
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 23:55 by Anita Potter »

tab62

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 23:58 »
I don't have my own website thus cannot post the full size photo here- The focus was on the ball as well. I belong to photosig.com (Critique site) and got awesome comments. This photo made it in 8 stock companies yet shutter rejected it. Do the baseline have to be out of focus and only the base? Thus should I have used say f/2.8? 

My email address is

[email protected]

I would love to email the the full jpg file (it is only around 6 mb) thus very easy to email with full view. I handle reject well I need to get over it but it still hurts when you put in a lot of effort and feel that you nailed it only to get nailed...

Thanks.

Tom

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2011, 00:32 »
Most common reason for rejection on SS is focus, in my opinion.  I have plenty of images that are tack sharp that were rejected for focus on SS; they tend to like more generous DOF

lagereek

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2011, 01:07 »
The white lines should be dead sharp, the ball out of focus, speed and precision is the concept here.

RacePhoto

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2011, 01:45 »
*** spam alert orange *** I get 250MB for new people until I reach 8GB and I'm at 6 now.

https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTg3NTUwMjA5

2GB free web hosting with linkable public folder. FREE! (as in, no strings attached FREE!) Dropbox. It also syncs with all your computers so anything in the box is on all your systems when you connect to the web. Good for utilities, calendars and sports pools. ;)

*** spam alert condition yellow restored ***

You can also use Imageshack and store some pretty decent size images, open an account, don't use the random one. That way you can also delete images. All you need is an email address. That's pretty simple. But dropbox is automatic and very functional/useful including the private secton.

I don't have my own website thus cannot post the full size photo here- The focus was on the ball as well. I belong to photosig.com (Critique site) and got awesome comments. This photo made it in 8 stock companies yet shutter rejected it. Do the baseline have to be out of focus and only the base? Thus should I have used say f/2.8? 

My email address is

[email protected]

I would love to email the the full jpg file (it is only around 6 mb) thus very easy to email with full view. I handle reject well I need to get over it but it still hurts when you put in a lot of effort and feel that you nailed it only to get nailed...

Thanks.

Tom

tab62

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2011, 10:25 »
Just installed dropbox- now I have to just figure out how to post the link here to the files.

Thanks.

Tom