pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Opting out of API Partner Sales  (Read 18973 times)

« on: April 19, 2011, 22:03 »
Dear 123RF Contributors:

At the moment, unless we're notified otherwise, your portfolio will be sold via our API Partner channels.

However, you may now opt out of 123RF API Partner sales if you wish to. Please email us at
[email protected] and give us your 123RF.com USERID. You should email us from the email address that you use to register your account at 123RF.com. Please use this in your message title : "API Partner Sales Opt Out".

Please kindly note that at this time, you CANNOT choose to opt from specific partners. It's either ALL or NONE AT ALL.

We will implement this feature on the site at a later date to give you more control over your image distribution.

Thank you.

Alex.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 22:07 by alex123rf »

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 04:52 »
Hi All,

Kindly note that we have implemented a control for you if you wish to opt in/out of API Partner sales.

Please first log into 123RF.com. Then locate the "My Account" link and click it. Or go here:
http://www.123rf.com/myaccount.php

Look towards the right side, you'll find the "123RF API Partner Sales" section. Uncheck the checkbox to opt out. Check it to opt in.

There is no submit button as it's an AJAX control.

Thank you very much.

Alex.

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 08:39 »
Where can I see the commisions paid through the partner sites, and where can I see a list of the sites?

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 22:53 »
Where can I see the commisions paid through the partner sites, and where can I see a list of the sites?

Hi somethingpretentious,

The commission from our partner sites will be added in your daily earning. We will not show our partner list as we are governed by Non Disclosure Agreements.

Warm Regards,
Anglee

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 06:11 »
"The commission from our partner sites will be added in your daily earning"
- where can I see the commision % I am recieving on such downloads?

"We will not show our partner list as we are governed by Non Disclosure Agreements"
- Frankly, that sounds completely absurd - I can not be told where my own pictures are sold if I'm opted in? Please elaborate on as to why that is.

cheers

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2011, 17:28 »
Dear 123RF Contributors:

At the moment, unless we're notified otherwise, your portfolio will be sold via our API Partner channels.

However, you may now opt out of 123RF API Partner sales if you wish to. Please email us at [email protected] and give us your 123RF.com USERID. You should email us from the email address that you use to register your account at 123RF.com. Please use this in your message title : "API Partner Sales Opt Out".

Please kindly note that at this time, you CANNOT choose to opt from specific partners. It's either ALL or NONE AT ALL.

We will implement this feature on the site at a later date to give you more control over your image distribution.

Thank you.

Alex.

---------------------------------

Cool!  Thanks much!

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 11:44 »
Hi 123rf

I would still really like to know the commision in % we recieve on these partner sites?

And

Why can we not be told about the sites you intend to sell our images on?

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2011, 22:47 »
Hi 123rf

I would still really like to know the commision in % we recieve on these partner sites?

And

Why can we not be told about the sites you intend to sell our images on?

Hi somethingpretentious,

The commission will always be 50% nett, either on 123RF or partner sites. As for the partner list, we've governed by the non-disclosure agreement thus unable to disclose them. However, I'm able to comment that the partner list on http://www.microstockgroup.com/general-stock-discussion/a-list-of-partner-programs/ is quite accurate.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,
Anglee

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2011, 18:16 »
Thanks Anglee!

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2011, 13:58 »
Hi somethingpretentious,

The commission will always be 50% nett, either on 123RF or partner sites. As for the partner list, we've governed by the non-disclosure agreement thus unable to disclose them. However, I'm able to comment that the partner list on http://www.microstockgroup.com/general-stock-discussion/a-list-of-partner-programs/ is quite accurate.

Regards,
Anglee

Is this 50% of the sales price or 50% of whatever percentage you receive from the partner? That does make a difference...

And: Why you sign a NDA that does not allow you to tell the copyright holder of an image through which partner you sell his work is beyond me. Sorry, but if you can't tell me where you're selling my images then I choose to opt out.
Just a practical question: If I see some of my pictures somewhere on the internet, am I supposed to assume it is a legit partner of somebody? Or shall I start writing to them, demanding my work taken down, threatening with legal action?

(Yes, I know, there are others who don't tell us and don't let us opt out - but they should not be used as guiding principle...)

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2011, 17:59 »

Is this 50% of the sales price or 50% of whatever percentage you receive from the partner? That does make a difference...

And: Why you sign a NDA that does not allow you to tell the copyright holder of an image through which partner you sell his work is beyond me. Sorry, but if you can't tell me where you're selling my images then I choose to opt out.
Just a practical question: If I see some of my pictures somewhere on the internet, am I supposed to assume it is a legit partner of somebody? Or shall I start writing to them, demanding my work taken down, threatening with legal action?

(Yes, I know, there are others who don't tell us and don't let us opt out - but they should not be used as guiding principle...)
[/quote]

It truly is mindblowing....Ofcuase the only sensible thing to do is to opt out of such programs

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2011, 19:04 »
This sounds completely suspicious to me.  Being less than transparent simply in my mind means my risk of image abuse goes up.  So if I want to make more money with 123 I have to unzip my fly and hope I don't get bit by a mosquito called an API partner.

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2011, 04:36 »
Hi somethingpretentious,

Regards,
Anglee

As these questions have been unanswered over the last two months, let' revive that thread.
And to add: Around that time I opted out of the partner program - because of these unanswered questions. I might opt in back again depending on more detailed information.
But: although having opted out around two months ago, my photos are still showing on Pixmac. Does the opt out work at all?

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2011, 05:07 »
But: although having opted out around two months ago, my photos are still showing on Pixmac. Does the opt out work at all?

We've removed your images at Pixmac just now. From all sources we're reselling.

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2011, 06:39 »

We've removed your images at Pixmac just now. From all sources we're reselling.

Well, thanks. A bit trigger happy I'd say. I was not asking you to do so. In fact I was not adressing you at all.

I wanted an explanation from 123RF if there opt out works or not.
And I opted out because of non-transparency about their distribution program (not giving the full list of partners and full details of our royalty compared to the final sales price).
And used Pixmac as an example (because it was easy to find my files there and easy to ensure they come from 123RF).

So this is your way of showing us how a "fair" agency works? Very interesting...

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2011, 07:18 »
So this is your way of showing us how a "fair" agency works? Very interesting...

Sorry for a quick reaction. My impression was that the request was sent to both agencies a while ago, so I wanted to fix that on our side ASAP so you're not getting more unhappy. The rest can be explained by 123RF directly.