MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Submitter Stats  (Read 24595 times)

« on: April 26, 2011, 14:08 »
As we perfect our new site, we wanted to get feed back on what users like to see for stats.  What site has the best stats for submitters?  What stat features do you love/hate?  What would be cool to have that no sites are offering?

lagereek

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 15:13 »
Hi!

Yep! got one for you and based on personal experience.

If its possible to administrate it would ofcourse be extremely helpful to know the keyword/s, the buyer used to find what he was looking for and that rendered in a sale. This, on long term will also aid in less spamming and a cleaner CV.

best.

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 15:23 »
For my part I love the way Shutterstock shows stat. Have the simple list of day to day sale, with a small thumb of images sold on each day when you click them. You also have the overall stats and the price each images gave you as profit over time.

I also agree with lagereek. Knowing the keywords with which our files were found is a pretty interesting feature/

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 15:56 »
I'm still waiting to be able to submit my tax details (for US withholding tax on license fees) on the site, rather than have to send a PDF.  Lots of other sites make this simple for us, I hope that's a priority for cutcaster.

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 19:11 »
For my part I love the way Shutterstock shows stat.
I would agree that it would be pretty hard to beat the way SS provides stats. Especially with the new Image Gallery Stats in beta. If I were starting a microstock site, I might just 'derivate' on the way SS does it  ;)

I agree with lagercreek that more feedback about keywords used by buyers would help us all. Suppose you not only showed the  number of views for my image, but also the keyword used to generate the most recent view, and a thumbnail of an image which the buyer bought instead of buying mine? Too much to ask?

PS the new CC site is working very well for me, excellent work IMO.

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 01:44 »
I personally like the way Dreamstime show contributor stats.

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 03:08 »
Me too except that they don't show daily earnings totals which is important to  me.

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2011, 06:56 »
I would like to be able to create a group of photos and get totals, averages etc for that group.

eg create a lightbox of images from one shoot (how much has it earnt)
eg create a lightbox of images of a certain topic  eg industrial photos, isolated

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2011, 12:18 »
Me too except that they don't show daily earnings totals which is important to  me.

+1

That is very important.

Shutterstock is the best, but I also like Fotolia's stats where you select a time period and a sorting method (dayly, weekly, monthly, yearly). Easy, fast and totally customizable breakdown of earnings. Another useful tool from Fotolia is the relative rank. I like being able to compare my performance to others. For instance, sales were low the entire past week but my relative rank barely moved, which is an indication of Easter holidays and apparently others were experiencing low sales as well.

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2011, 14:24 »
I also like Fotolia's stats where you select a time period and a sorting method (dayly, weekly, monthly, yearly). Easy, fast and totally customizable breakdown of earnings. Another useful tool from Fotolia is the relative rank. I like being able to compare my performance to others.
True, both of those are very useful.

I also like qwerty's idea of total revenues for a selected group of images, which is sort of like FT's total for a group of days. That would be useful. 

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2011, 10:58 »
These are great suggestions, keep them coming.  I am nudging (with a bull dozer) the programming staff to get more stats!

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2011, 11:04 »
I like how Alamy has the ability to see stats site wide. So you can get a feel for which keywords are being searched the most and what the current popular trends are. Also, I don't think your site is categorized by concept, but it would be nice to see trends regarding searches for concepts, ie, happiness, loneliness, celebration..etc.

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2011, 11:12 »
I like how Alamy has the ability to see stats site wide. So you can get a feel for which keywords are being searched the most and what the current popular trends are. Also, I don't think your site is categorized by concept, but it would be nice to see trends regarding searches for concepts, ie, happiness, loneliness, celebration..etc.

One of the ways to see trends is our browse page.  Those are the hot topics of the day.

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2011, 17:36 »
You can make mix of everything good from other sites...

Keyword percentages from SS, lightboxes (private or other) from IS, zooms from Alamy, etc...

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2011, 12:48 »
Well good stats is all that i miss - butt already you are my fav site :D

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2011, 00:54 »
Has anyone noticed that cc don't show rejected files anymore? We neither get an email notification for rejected files nor can we see them online. I hope we get to see them when they roll out the new stats.

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2011, 04:28 »
Strange - i see them in Media files - overview link.

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2011, 09:48 »
Strange - i see them in Media files - overview link.

Well that is very strange. Only approved or unfinished items in my list. The rejected items are nowhere to be seen. It would be great if Corareed could look in to this and reply here.

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2011, 11:47 »
I only see approved images too in this list.

Also would it be possible to make the "Media File - Portfolio View" sortable by upload-date, views, download, increase and decrease?

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2011, 15:47 »
well i see rejected.

Here is my vote for more sorting that oboy suggested.

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2011, 18:38 »
I can only see approved too.

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2011, 10:42 »
My numbers in Overview don't match...

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2011, 10:49 »
CC is dead dead dead.. why all the concern?  ;D

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2011, 10:54 »

Actually, we are growing.  Sales are picking up.  We are still working on making search and buying super easy. 
If we are dead, I am working too hard!

:D

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2011, 11:00 »

Actually, we are growing.  Sales are picking up.  We are still working on making search and buying super easy. 
If we are dead, I am working too hard!

:D

Cora I dont have anything against CC but the true is that I have corrupted files approved, something is wrong no? I would love to be part of CC family but I have 2 sales for more than 2 years :)

johngriffin

« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2011, 11:25 »
Luis. Not sure where you get your numbers but they are absolutely wrong. See here

http://siteanalytics.compete.com/cutcaster.com/

and here

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/cutcaster.com

Does that look dead to you, Luis?

My suggestion, Add some links to your Cutcaster portfolio in your signature on this forum and you will get more sales. Let me know when you added a link.

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2011, 11:39 »
 ;D ;D

how about approving corrupted files? please check that out and after I will give CC a chance by uploading my port until "yesterday", I am sure instead of 2 sales from 2 years, I will have 4 on the next 2 :)

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2011, 12:00 »
;D ;D

how about approving corrupted files? please check that out and after I will give CC a chance by uploading my port until "yesterday", I am sure instead of 2 sales from 2 years, I will have 4 on the next 2 :)

We went through a full site change over. Obviously, some corrupted files came through.  We have deleted them, and informed our programming staff. 

As far as the slow sales goes, with a generalist portfolio, such as yours sales, can be a bit slower.  I have a generalist portfolio myself and tend to sell slower, so I speak from experience. 

As I said before, we are still working and building.  In the future, if you see something odd in your portfolio, please contact us by email so we can address your concerns right away. 

Thanks.

« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2011, 12:10 »
;D ;D

We went through a full site change over. Obviously, some corrupted files came through.  We have deleted them, and informed our programming staff. 

As far as the slow sales goes, with a generalist portfolio, such as yours sales, can be a bit slower. I have a generalist portfolio myself and tend to sell slower, so I speak from experience. 

As I said before, we are still working and building.  In the future, if you see something odd in your portfolio, please contact us by email so we can address your concerns right away. 

Thanks.

I've heard that motorcross racing images do very well.

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2011, 12:17 »
Cora I am not a heavy seller but I do see "good" sales on other agencies and I am talking about lower ones but lets see...

I will buy a bike ;D

p.s: as promised I am uploading all my generalist stuff :) (once I got corrupted files out of my port)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 12:19 by luissantos84 »

« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2011, 17:02 »
any help with the disapearing rejected files?

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2011, 17:12 »
any help with the disapearing rejected files?

send them again LOL I bet they wont notice it

Carl

• Carl Stewart, CS Productions
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2011, 06:39 »
When I look at Media Files -> Overview, I see only one rejected file.  The rest are approved.  The total is 550 files.  However, the statistics to the right indicates a total of 651 files, 549 of which were approved.  So the system is accurately subtracting the one rejected file from the 550 listed under the overview, but 101 files are unaccounted for (651-550=101).  If memory serves me correctly, they were rejected, so it would seem that the system is in need of some reprogramming.  In fact, I ceased uploading to CC because of the last round of rejections, and because of zero sales since I began to upload in March of last year.

« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2011, 10:51 »
Luis. Not sure where you get your numbers but they are absolutely wrong. See here

http://siteanalytics.compete.com/cutcaster.com/

and here

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/cutcaster.com

Does that look dead to you, Luis?

My suggestion, Add some links to your Cutcaster portfolio in your signature on this forum and you will get more sales. Let me know when you added a link.

Sorry but clicking through the Alexa long term stats just shows that you're getting more people finding the site on search and bouncing off - you've gone from a 20% bounce rate to 60% since the start of the year, I'd hardly consider that a roaring success. Put a better-performing site on the chart - say another one of the low earners like bigstock - and cutcaster disappears without a trace.

Maybe you could share some actual insights on how you're planning to turn the ship around? Are you advertising for buyers anywhere these days?

« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2011, 15:20 »
Has anyone noticed whether submitting new images causes an increase in sales (or at least views) on CC? 

m@m

« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2011, 21:22 »
Has anyone noticed whether submitting new images causes an increase in sales (or at least views) on CC? 

No such luck!

« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2011, 23:43 »
One post was removed from this thread, for personal 'attacks'

Sites take a lot of heat on this site and most of them take it very well in stride (including Cutcaster) .. sharing your opinion (even if it is negative) about a site is more than welcome, but make sure you keep your opinions directed towards the sites and not as a personal attack against another member here or elsewhere.

cheers.

« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2011, 07:33 »
I was kicked OUT of CC because of this topic

m@m

« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2011, 08:56 »
m@m are you even on Cutcaster anymore?

Yes I am John, otherwise I would not be posting on this thread, I don't waste my time going around giving my opinion and or complains about sites I don't upload too...that would be kind of silly, don't you think? ;)

BTW, if you're interested PM me and I'll be more than happy to give you my username at CC...
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 09:17 by m@m »

« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2011, 09:29 »

thats why you go anonymous on here... or dont bad mouth an agency for anyone to see. besides, 2 sales in 2 years, you will never have cashed out anyways so no big deal right?

m@m

« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2011, 10:00 »

2 sales in 2 years, you will never have cashed out anyways so no big deal right?

Well, I would have agreed with this estatement until a couple of days ago VB, also like Luis I made 2 sales in 2 years, but a couple of days ago I made an EL sale which put me over the top, so now I can cash out (to my surprise). :)

« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2011, 11:19 »
my only concern about this was the lack of respect for me, that was the only thing that pissed me off, wish a lot of luck to an agency that is included on new stuff called voluntary code of conduct for microstock and other stock photo agencies.. LOL

johngriffin

« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2011, 10:20 »

Yes I am John, otherwise I would not be posting on this thread, I don't waste my time going around giving my opinion and or complains about sites I don't upload too...that would be kind of silly, don't you think? ;)

BTW, if you're interested PM me and I'll be more than happy to give you my username at CC...

Yeah. I see you closed your account in 09 and then joined again about 6 months later so that's why I thought you were gone. I remembered you closing your account.  I am happy you had that large EL sale and am working hard so you get more. What was it for 80 dollars?

m@m

« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2011, 10:42 »

Yeah. I see you closed your account in 09 and then joined again about 6 months later so that's why I thought you were gone. I remembered you closing your account.  I am happy you had that large EL sale and am working hard so you get more. What was it for 80 dollars?

Actually John, it was $59.71 which is a strange amount since reading the EL license info they go by $40, $50 or 60's. Looking forward to some more sales from CC.
Thanks