pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Fastest way/workflow to upload images  (Read 5202 times)

« on: April 27, 2011, 18:27 »
I've been thinking about the most efficient way to upload images to multiple stock sites.

Normally, you'd have to use either the HTML or FTP option and go to the site to select categories and so forth. Today I tried PicWorkflow, which requires payment to instantly upload to many sites at once. However, it still requires me to go to the site and process the uploaded files manually.

Is there any way to do this all at once, including category-selection and all that? I don't want to spend 2 hours on uploading and processing everything. There has to be a quicker way! Any ideas? How do you do it?

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 23:13 »
My way is the hard way all sites individually.  I only rely on myself to upload my files and for me I also don't upload more than I can deal with (usually 10 at a time more than that on some occasions).

I use ftp and html or java based uploader system depending on what site I'm uploading to at the moment.  It's not the most efficient way but it's the way I've done it for over a year now.

I'm also not aware of any uploader stand-alone program that you can select categories and what not to because each agency has a different way of handling it.  If there is maybe someone that knows will chime in and give you all the details.

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 00:54 »
I use microstocksubmitter works pretty well:)

http://microstockexperiment.blogspot.com/2010/12/new-distribution-tools.html

Best regards
L

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 02:01 »
I have been using MicrostockSubmitter for a few sites recently as well.  I agree with you that uploading isn't the biggest problem, it is processing the images once they are one the sites.  MicrostockSubmitter can process the images on a few sites.. the other I still do one by one.  Here is the discussion area for MicrostockSubmitter.

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 08:04 »
I'm currently setting up this software and it so far it seems to work very well for most sites I upload to. This will speed up the process enormously. Thanks!

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 08:19 »
I have been using lightburner for two months; seems to be having some problems with a few sites now so I am less pleased with it

microstockphoto.co.uk

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011, 08:43 »
lightburner has a great feature: it's free!

there are some issues - pictures uploaded multiple times to some sites (especially veer), delays (at times) in distributing pictures, some default channels not working (but you can use custom channels instead)

but it's mainly usable for me

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2011, 09:21 »
Filezilla to upload then my hands on all agencies, DeepMeta at IS

fritz

• I love Tom and Jerry music

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2011, 11:00 »
I've been thinking about the most efficient way to upload images to multiple stock sites.

Normally, you'd have to use either the HTML or FTP option and go to the site to select categories and so forth. Today I tried PicWorkflow, which requires payment to instantly upload to many sites at once. However, it still requires me to go to the site and process the uploaded files manually.

Is there any way to do this all at once, including category-selection and all that? I don't want to spend 2 hours on uploading and processing everything. There has to be a quicker way! Any ideas? How do you do it?

Using ProStockMaster and works great.

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2011, 21:02 »
Since I do mainly illustration, I have to rely on my FTP program to upload (pretty straitghforward if you ask me), then do manual submission on the sites, but most sites have nice batch submission for the images so easy to assign similar image batch categories and off they go