pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Is dreamstime rejecting EVERYTHING lately?  (Read 25248 times)

« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2011, 07:00 »

I'm not an illustrator so forgive me if this is a stupid question

If you take this many hours for one illustration wouldn't it be hard to make fulltime earnings from microstock.

Do illustrations sell more than photos, is there less competition for very detailed works which makes it worth wild ?

I suppose if your able to reuse elements in different images over and over it might be more profitable.

« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2011, 07:17 »

I'm not an illustrator so forgive me if this is a stupid question

If you take this many hours for one illustration wouldn't it be hard to make fulltime earnings from microstock.

Do illustrations sell more than photos, is there less competition for very detailed works which makes it worth wild ?

I suppose if your able to reuse elements in different images over and over it might be more profitable.

Hi,
many times people ask me if it's convenient spend so many hours to do only one work...I don't know but for me the most important think is to do something that I like, and I like this world  :)
Sometimes I reuse elements in different images so I spend only one or two hour to make a work...but really, I don't think about earning but I try to be proud when I do a work. Maybe it's not a good argument for microstock... ;)...but I think that it's. I don't want make a difference between art and microstock, for me it's the same thing.
Now I'm doing a work since 5 hours...I only hope that it's good  ;)

p.s. Sorry for my english, I hope you  are able to understand my strange language  :)

« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2011, 11:37 »
Your English is much better than my Italian. I've been using google translate to communicate with my family in Italy. It works fairly well. At least I hope it does

Sto usando Google Translate per comunicare con la mia famiglia in Italia. Funziona abbastanza bene. Almeno spero di s.

See!

Slovenian

« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2011, 12:28 »
I got the whole series rejected for: - Your image info contains one or more of the following issues: irrelevant or incomplete title, description/keywords/categories issues, similar/identical title and description, title/description written with capital letters(CAPS LOCK ON). Use only keywords that are the most relevant and specific to the image subject. All the info required for an image is important and has great influence on your sales. That's why you must take your time for each image and provide individual, accurate, relevant and comprehensive information. Don't just copy&paste words, don't rush. The more precise the info will be, the more efficient the search will be as well and hence your sales. Read more: http://blog.dreamstime.com/search-tag-keywords.

I really didn't know what else to put in there than: Isolated on white background. Canon 1Ds mkIII . I think the title for each photo was descriptive enough and every photo had an individual title. Their 5 words in the description makes you do stupid crap like that, I couldn't think of the 5th word so I put in the camera model, like lots of people do in IS (I never do, it seems stupid to me). And all of them were studio shots isolated on white what else am I supposed to put in there? Description field is completely redundant IMO anyway (the only agency which still have it and I UL to is IS, but they at least don't make you put at least 5 words in it)

« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2011, 12:36 »
DT is interesting to say the least - their search engine 1st indexes on the 'title' then 2nd on the 'description' and 3rd on the 'keywords.'

So, if your title is "blond girls isolated over white" - this image will come up highest in the rankings if the customer searched on the exact same phrase - lower in the rankings is it was in the description and not the title, and lower yet if only in the keywords

Slovenian

« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2011, 12:52 »
Dreamstime is interesting to say the least - their search engine 1st indexes on the 'title' then 2nd on the 'description' and 3rd on the 'keywords.'

So, if your title is "blond girls isolated over white" - this image will come up highest in the rankings if the customer searched on the exact same phrase - lower in the rankings is it was in the description and not the title, and lower yet if only in the keywords

WOW, now I know why the sales are so bad over there. Although they shouldn't be, since I mostly just copied everything from my SS port, where I have very descriptive titles since they affect the search results. I usually just break the SS title in 2 parts, the first goes in the title, the second in description.

nruboc

« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2011, 12:54 »
There is just too much negativity on this forum.... Dreamstime this, ShutterStock that..... can't we get back to more of the positive news, like discussing IStock's f-ups???  ;D

WarrenPrice

« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2011, 14:24 »
^^yeah... think I'll just go take some pictures of me taking pictures and shaking hands with a naked woman wearing headsets and eating a hot dog.   :o