pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Your Sales here?  (Read 14754 times)

CD123

« on: May 21, 2011, 17:07 »
Sort of weird experience with them. Have a portfolio of 440 images. Sold 6 in March (5 from a series I never sold any of at any site before), after I inquired with them about the lack of any activity on my port. Thereafter, no sales at all.

As we all have come to know, there are a few sites with highly suspicious ratings, when considering "real" contributor's feedback about their sales experience. I am starting to feel uncomfortable about PM's middle tier rating.

Anyone with real sales there who feel their mid tier ranking is justified?  ???

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 17:54 »
they are my 6th best agency (SS, IS, FT, DT, 123RF, PM), I have around 700 pics there, actually I dont have more because it is a pain to upload there, a lot of ticks etc but I am starting to upload again

I dont  have a niche etc.. I have a little of everything there from isolations, people, travel (and these far from gorgeous stock pics)

been there for 2 years and got a few more than 100 sales for around 200$ (they actually pay in EUR as you may know)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 17:57 by luissantos84 »

CD123

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 23:33 »
they are my 6th best agency (Shutterstock, IS, Fotolia, Dreamstime, 123RF, PM), I have around 700 pics there, actually I dont have more because it is a pain to upload there, a lot of ticks etc but I am starting to upload again

I dont  have a niche etc.. I have a little of everything there from isolations, people, travel (and these far from gorgeous stock pics)

been there for 2 years and got a few more than 100 sales for around 200$ (they actually pay in EUR as you may know)

Thank you. Good to know real contributors do get sales through them - will keep them on my upload list (painful or not).

Carl

• Carl Stewart, CS Productions
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2011, 05:49 »
I've been a member since November 2010.  I can't find out how many images I have there, and my images don't show up in any of my searches.  I'm guessing I have about 300 images in my PM portfolio, and I've had five sales, resulting in 1.39 EUR.  Given the high rejection rate, seemingly irrational and unpredictable rejections, a cumbersome uploading mechanism, and low performance, I don't even bother uploading to the site any more.

CD123

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2011, 06:53 »
I've been a member since November 2010.  I can't find out how many images I have there, and my images don't show up in any of my searches.  I'm guessing I have about 300 images in my PM portfolio, and I've had five sales, resulting in 1.39 EUR.  Given the high rejection rate, seemingly irrational and unpredictable rejections, a cumbersome uploading mechanism, and low performance, I don't even bother uploading to the site any more.

About the same time I joined. Seems like the images needs to "simmer" there for a year or so before one start to get sales then? Weird that you can not see your images. Their new interface is actually quite nice.

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 14:29 »
I have about 200 images there, and up until their redesign of the back end I was getting fairly regular subscription sales (4-5 a month)...now I am lucky if I get one a month. Given how little the redesign improved the upload process, and the lackluster sales lately I haven't been to enthusiastic, especially when I get a lot more return for my efforts at other mid-tier sites like Canstock and 123.

CD123

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2011, 17:49 »
I have about 200 images there, and up until their redesign of the back end I was getting fairly regular subscription sales (4-5 a month)...now I am lucky if I get one a month. Given how little the redesign improved the upload process, and the lackluster sales lately I haven't been to enthusiastic, especially when I get a lot more return for my efforts at other mid-tier sites like Canstock and 123.

Ditto

CD123

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2011, 09:23 »
Just had to revive this one to mention that I actually did start to get sales over the past 3 months. Very slow, but had a nice big non-subscription one. There is life here after all!!  :)

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2011, 14:55 »
This site is horrible by all means, and they ask for money in application? ;D

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2011, 15:23 »

I wouldnt say that but we all have different experiences on agencies, they are my 6th/7th best agency :D

Carl

• Carl Stewart, CS Productions
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2011, 18:04 »
I gave up on PM a while back.

CD123

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2011, 18:11 »
They are now in my "3 months to prove 2012 is going to better or stop uploading" queue.  :(

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2011, 19:10 »

I wouldnt say that but we all have different experiences on agencies, they are my 6th/7th best agency :D

I didn't even send them, their site is simply ugly. I'm surprised how they make sales!  ;D 6th best agency? But can you make money? Really?

Wim

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2011, 04:29 »
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 11:08 by Wim »

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2011, 04:40 »
As I have bad memory, January 1st is for me the best day to stop uploading to some sites.
PM is one of hot candidates, especially when they don't want to do anything with their watermarks at the moment.

« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2011, 05:11 »
For me they are a Middle Tier Site, no better or worse then the rest in that group.  The upload dance is a pain in the ass . . . . . . . but its their site.

I do like the fact that they tell you who purchased a "License Sale"
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 05:16 by etienjones »

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2011, 16:02 »
For me they are a Middle Tier Site, no better or worse then the rest in that group.  The upload dance is a pain in the ass . . . . . . . but its their site.

I do like the fact that they tell you who purchased a "License Sale"

the uploading aint that hard

1. FTP
2. Process
3. Pick 100 and copy main keywords
4. Pick that 100 and edit, click on Rights and 30% on the bottom

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2011, 16:05 »

I didn't even send them, their site is simply ugly. I'm surprised how they make sales!  ;D 6th best agency? But can you make money? Really?

have talked about them a few time ago.. like I said 6 or 7th doesnt mean a lot.. this month I have finished uploading all my portfolio but before that I had like 1000 pictures and got like 140 sales for 285 EUR (around 2 years online)

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2012, 19:41 »
Given the high rejection rate, seemingly irrational and unpredictable rejections, a cumbersome uploading mechanism, and low performance, I don't even bother uploading to the site any more.

Their rejections are "seemingly irrational and unpredictable", that absolutely describes my experience with panthermedia. Their inspection team doesn't seem to be trainded very well (as their support team). And they don't even think it's necessary to give reasons for rejections ... what is disrespectful, unwise and totally absurd. Considering the slow and bad performance of panthermedia, the bad support and the lowest sales of my twelve agencies I gonna kick them if they don't do real changes soon.

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2012, 12:17 »
PM is new for me. I began a month ago with 86 pics...36 were reected. Boohoo for me but I'm a big boy and asked via email where to see the reasons. You know the answer of course..
They have a tough as nails response of it's not our job to justify what we do. Of course that's a slap in the face and speaks volumes about their attitude.

I found this site today and see the general feeling's not too sweet. I give them credit for a decent site and upload stream but the real significalnce comes from sales and clearly, for my work, probably 25% of te rejections are good seller's elsewhere.

Hate typing on this * phone...don't know if I'll stay or go from from PN t

Wouldn't it be heavenly to be exclusive and not deal with this?
That's just not possible since all of them and all of us fall short of perfection.

Poncke

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2012, 16:13 »
Hmmm, just uploaded 113 photos, 94% acceptance rate, another 150 lined up. Now just wait for sales, but I guess they are nothing to get excited about then. If they are the same as CanStockPhoto, I can wait a year for first pay out.

CD123

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2012, 17:00 »
Have over 800 images with them, but stopped uploading. After a few sales over a year's time, nearly no further activity for past few months. Just not worth it for me.

Poncke

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2012, 19:20 »
Have over 800 images with them, but stopped uploading. After a few sales over a year's time, nearly no further activity for past few months. Just not worth it for me.

Bigstock is also completely dead for me. Almost 300 images online and zilch sales, like 0 - Z E R O....

Urgh, I guess I'll just focus on SS, FT, DP, 123RF and CanStockPhoto. Those are the only ones that generate sales. DT BS and I guess PM are dead for me. No sales whatsoever. IS wouldnt even let me in, the bastids.

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2012, 20:26 »
PM is a tough nut. You need to only upload stuff that is high in demand in Germany in order to see some returns.

Also you should have 2000+ images there to see some sort of regular sales.

CD123

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2012, 00:42 »

Bigstock is also completely dead for me. Almost 300 images online and zilch sales, like 0 - Z E R O....

Urgh, I guess I'll just focus on SS, FT, DP, 123RF and CanStockPhoto. Those are the only ones that generate sales. DT BS and I guess PM are dead for me. No sales whatsoever. IS wouldnt even let me in, the bastids.

Interesting, our sales experiences are 100% similar (quite rare), except that I have nearly 1200 images on BS, without sales  ;D.