pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Print sizes in Zazzle  (Read 4685 times)

« on: June 16, 2011, 20:05 »
It doesn't seem to be something a buyer can choose, or am I missing something? I chose the "portfolio" size for one and I don't see a way in the product page that the buyer can change that - he can only change paper type and frame. Do I have to create one version for each size?

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 20:08 »
Under the "Add to Cart" button is a white box that lets you change the size.

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 20:28 »
It doesn't seem to be something a buyer can choose, or am I missing something? I chose the "portfolio" size for one and I don't see a way in the product page that the buyer can change that - he can only change paper type and frame. Do I have to create one version for each size?

I can pick different print sizes of your posters, except the "Arpoador Sunset Panorama". That one is only Portfolio size. Did you upload the full resolution image?

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 20:50 »
It is a new upload to my new store:
http://www.zazzle.com/window_in_dubrovnik_poster-228008759265238922
The image is 3600x2400, so it should fit the "huge" size.

I don't see the white box Karimala mentions.   :-\

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 21:10 »
You're right.  It's only available in portfolio size.  I sized some at small earlier...let me go see what they look like.

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 21:12 »
They are only available up to the small size, so yes...it does appear that we need to size them at the largest size.  Sure wish they would tell you that in the design area.   :-\

When you set it at the largest size, you will have the smaller options available in the print options area (the white box I mentioned where you change frame and paper).
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 21:14 by Karimala »

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 21:20 »
...When you set it at the largest size, you will have the smaller options available in the print options area (the white box I mentioned where you change frame and paper).

Yep, I forgot to mention that. You to select the biggest size.

I think the bad part is that the poster price will be defaulted to the largest size which may scare off buyers. No idea how to change that.

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2011, 09:07 »
Hmm, I have to pick the largest suitable size? Hmm, that sucks, because of the higher price. Now that you've mentioned it, I think I saw a discussion about this in their forum long ago.

One strategy would be then creating one product per size, or at least creating two entries, one for the the larger and one for the smaller size - which is large enough for most users, I think (16"x11", in my case). I believe this would not be against the site rules?

Do you add borders in poster prints?

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2011, 09:13 »
Hmm, I have to pick the largest suitable size? Hmm, that sucks, because of the higher price. Now that you've mentioned it, I think I saw a discussion about this in their forum long ago.

One strategy would be then creating one product per size, or at least creating two entries, one for the the larger and one for the smaller size - which is large enough for most users, I think (16"x11", in my case). I believe this would not be against the site rules?

Do you add borders in poster prints?

I thought the same thing of putting up multiple sizes up but that again will be cluttering your store as the bigger sizes will still offer smaller options.

they should just offer a "preferred size" default so people are not put off by the price when browsing.

I have some posters with and some without borders. I offer everything in the biggest sizes.

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2011, 10:36 »
Only a handful of my posters have borders...depends on the image.  And now all of my posters are available at the largest size.