pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: fotolia is sinking  (Read 62516 times)

saniphoto

« Reply #150 on: July 13, 2011, 01:21 »
Lets see now!  IS has just done a massive best match shake, since FT, always follow, lets see if they too will adjust and at least go back to the best match they had before so that the site gets worthwhile again. As it is now, its not even worth it.

They have not got the excuse of too many exclusives to look after.

Microstock now is more like gambling than to run a business... for us who try to live with this, no good!
You cannot make predictions or have the enthusiasm to invest in new shootings. The problems with FT are huge, because their
policies seems to have transformed this as a sort of 'game', where you must hope to be on the good side...  :(

lisafx

« Reply #151 on: July 13, 2011, 13:01 »

Microstock now is more like gambling than to run a business... for us who try to live with this, no good!
You cannot make predictions or have the enthusiasm to invest in new shootings.

I completely agree with this.  And it applies to all sites, not just FT.  

I recently invested a lot of money and time in a big location shoot with 14 models and the initial sales are looking like a lead balloon.  Same type of investment a couple of years ago would have seen sales start immediately and climb from there.  We may have milked this cash cow dry...  

lagereek

« Reply #152 on: July 13, 2011, 13:22 »

You cannot make predictions or have the enthusiasm to invest in new shootings.

I completely agree with this.  And it applies to all sites, not just FT.  

I recently invested a lot of money and time in a big location shoot with 14 models and the initial sales are looking like a lead balloon.  Same type of investment a couple of years ago would have seen sales start immediately and climb from there.  We may have milked this cash cow dry...  

Agreeing 100%, it isnt worth it anymore. Why?  because at the flick of a best match switch, a seconds tap on a keyboard, just ruins years of work. The way it looks right now is as if FT, is joining IS, in the abyss of just, nothing.

grp_photo

« Reply #153 on: July 13, 2011, 13:49 »
FT is certainly going down to some degree but still pretty strong for me compared to others. Worst thing that new uploads even of top quality (content and technically wise) hardly see any sales.

« Reply #154 on: July 15, 2011, 08:40 »
FT consistently places 3rd or 4th in my line up. Sales have gone up this month. 

lagereek

« Reply #155 on: July 15, 2011, 08:52 »
Nah,  its their new best match, thats the culprit. Buyers I told to go to FT for certain shots,  well, they cant even find them anymore. One mailed me on Wednesday, told me he cant find the shots he once saw.  Its a mess,  simple as that.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 08:57 by lagereek »

Slovenian

« Reply #156 on: July 20, 2011, 15:06 »
Can anyone tell me how long it takes for them to process the payout to moneybookers? It's now pending for a couple of days (my first obviously) and I can't find a payout schedule like there's one at IS or at least some info, like it's going to be processed within 5 business days (again like at IS).

« Reply #157 on: July 20, 2011, 15:44 »
No, they don't have a shedule like istock has. It can take anywhere between 3 days and a few weeks for them to pay out.

lagereek

« Reply #158 on: July 20, 2011, 15:50 »
Ive had three pretty good days there now, hope it keeps up.

« Reply #159 on: July 20, 2011, 15:59 »
I've had a really good couple of weeks, too. But it really worries me that new images hardly sell...

Slovenian

« Reply #160 on: July 20, 2011, 16:28 »
What worries me even more is, I don't have any old pics...

« Reply #161 on: August 30, 2011, 13:31 »
FWIW, I am really surprised to see FT is listed in the big 4, as it is definitely not in my top 5 earners, and their editors seems to take a special dislike to my style, my acceptance rate being half of that at IS.  But I guess they have enough customers, so it works for enough people

« Reply #162 on: August 31, 2011, 09:54 »
From a video contributor perspective my sales were always quite steady and in the last couple of months i have experienced a huge drop in sales which i thought was atttributed to a summer slowdown but it doesnt appear to be picking up, i am quite worried about it. This together with further redeductions in comission to contributors means that i am no longer recommending FT to anyone and i opted out of their subs program.

« Reply #163 on: September 02, 2011, 11:59 »
FT has been quite dead for me. I'm new in the game and my sales are increasing at SS and DT but FT is as dead as the Dead Sea.