MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Partner Program-Observations/sales/concerns !  (Read 29601 times)

Shank_ali

This user is banned.
« on: July 10, 2011, 00:44 »
Seems like the connector,the system by which our nominated files are migrated from Istock to the Partner Program, is now working....
I can now see another 40 of my images for sale on the PP sites.That's 1010.Still another 30 waiting and my London Lypse content will be added in due course.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 12:53 by shank_ali »

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 05:55 »
Congrats.

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 06:05 »
lol

lagereek

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 11:36 »
Congrats to what?

Shank_ali

This user is banned.
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 12:31 »
Congrats to what?
he is showing his approval that the system,where by files nominated are beginning to show on the PP sites alot quicker than before....

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2011, 12:37 »
Congrats to what?

He obviously felt he had achieved or done something of importance to trigger the post, although I'm not sure what is was.

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2011, 12:50 »
Perhaps you could change the title of the post to reflect what sort of comment you're making - or soliciting from others.

As you know, speaking freely about the partner program could include comments from those of us who consider the program a deeply anti-contributor move on Getty's part - given your support for it, I doubt that's what you were after.

We could rehash what a monumentally incompetent cock-up the various software teams have made of the seemingly simple process of moving content from a to b and removing said content if asked. However we already have lots of threads about iStock's software "challenges". Not sure what the point would be - bug reports should go elsewhere and after a while it gets tiring listing all the broken stuff.

If you want to collect data on who has seen new files show up on the partner sites, the title doesn't really make that clear

Shank_ali

This user is banned.
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2011, 12:54 »
Title edited to make the intention of this thread more clear.....The Partner Program.

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2011, 12:57 »
To put it crassly, shank is an iStock cheerleader hoping that his brown-nosing will eventually lead to a position as a moderator and/or inspector :)

ShadySue

• There is a crack in everything
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2011, 15:11 »
Seems like the connector,the system by which our nominated files are migrated from Istock to the Partner Program, is now working....
I can now see another 40 of my images for sale on the PP sites.That's 1010.Still another 30 waiting and my London Lypse content will be added in due course.
I can see how excited you are that the photos you paid 1000 to take will soon be on sale for 40c a whack, at any size.

Slovenian

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2011, 15:16 »
Lypse costs 1000?!? :o For group shooting of something anyone can do by himself?!? Lol! I wouldn't say there were models, lighting; MUAs, stylists, but shoot editorial with zero cost and charging a grand? Wow!

BTW PP program is pathetic, I've opted all in and there are only about a third on the PP sites, none have moved in months. Earnings are down as well, so I'm thinking of opting all out, but it won't work anyway, so why even bother...

ShadySue

• There is a crack in everything
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2011, 16:16 »
Lypse costs 1000?!? :o For group shooting of something anyone can do by himself?!? Lol! I wouldn't say there were models, lighting; MUAs, stylists, but shoot editorial with zero cost and charging a grand? Wow!
Not quite.
If you check out the Milan Lypse thread, you'll see that the actual cost of attending the lypse was $500, but what with travel, accommodation etc, Shankie had paid about 1000, which interestingly was the price I worked out I'd have had to pay had I gone.
Also that 'lypse did have studio model stuff with all the expenses you suggest. Plus the staff were staying at a 'relatively' expensive hotel in London - exactly double the price of the place I stay in London when I go.

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2011, 16:30 »
To put it crassly, shank is an iStock cheerleader hoping that his brown-nosing will eventually lead to a position as a moderator and/or inspector :)

If he is, then he isn't very good at it, otherwise he wouldn't be banned by Lobo for the third time. I think he's just a maverick.

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2011, 17:45 »

If he is, then he isn't very good at it, otherwise he wouldn't be banned by Lobo for the third time. I think he's just a maverick.

Well maybe he is trying to worm his way back into good graces over there, so he's coming here and posting tons of threads, extolling the fabulous virtues of istock.

Slovenian

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2011, 17:45 »

U see, that's just what they want you to believe :P ;D ;)

Slovenian

« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2011, 17:47 »
BTW brown-nosing, I just love that expression ;D (heard it for the first time)

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2011, 18:39 »
IS rocks  ;D

I am in the PP since the first month, back in November 2009, still have 1/4 of my potfolio not migrated :)

I will keep on waiting/adding and collecting some bucks once I am doing around 50% of my IS income there at that outlet

SNP

• Canadian Photographer
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2011, 18:42 »

have you been living under a rock?

lisafx

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2011, 21:19 »

I am guessing it is not a common expression in Slovenia?  I am sure they must have something comparable.  Would love to hear what it is.

SNP

• Canadian Photographer
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2011, 23:21 »
^ I guess I assumed from Slovenian's prolific posting in excellent English that he/she would have heard the term before.... ;)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 00:56 by SNP »

Shank_ali

This user is banned.
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2011, 01:03 »

BTW PP program is pathetic, I've opted all in and there are only about a third on the PP sites, none have moved in months. Earnings are down as well, so I'm thinking of opting all out, but it won't work anyway, so why even bother...
You have to be a little bit more patient.Files do get migrated and Thinkstock will become the internets premier subsription site in the coming years IMO.
I joined the PP from the start when my nose was still the same color as my arse  ;)

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2011, 02:01 »
Thinkstock the internets premier subs site?  That would be about as good for us as Sarah Palin becoming the next president :)

lagereek

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2011, 02:03 »
Shanks!

"TS, will become the internets premiere subscription site" ?  and who or what, would like to be a part of that?  they are already slaughtered in media and press, cant remember but some paper even called it a gigantic dustbin or something and all this is there for buyers to read and on a global scale.

I think youre right though! six moths to a year from now, IS, will probably be a part of TS, enjoying its "great" reputation. Yep!  its a great and intelligent way of ruining the whole industry.

Fortunately!!  buyers and industry users are beginning to open their eyes, realising that nine times out of ten, they are paying for what they themselves could achieve with a P/S, or even with a mobile phone.

A desperate try to imitate SS, but lacking the power, clout and cache, of SS.

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2011, 02:42 »
trolling up a storm again.  Why don't you start a thread about how good the RC system is, how good istocks submission process is etc

Slovenian

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2011, 03:52 »

I am guessing it is not a common expression in Slovenia?  I am sure they must have something comparable.  Would love to hear what it is.

It's not. We don't really have anything so sophisticated, or at least it's not so short (more than 2 words are used to describe someone with this "quality":). Ppl say something like just sign your soles so we know who we're are pulling out of his/her ass or something. So not so sophisticated, but deeper, lol. But when it comes to cussing, well that's a whole new story alltogether, our language is indeed just so much richer than English, it's on a whole new level than motherfcuker, deuche(bag), co*ksucker, moron, go to hell etc. All of these are really just super mild compared to the way we do it. Spanish is closer for instance, if there are some latinos (or spanish) among you, than I can tell you coje a tu madre and tu madre tiene un pene can be compared to some of our cuss words :) .

BTW SNP tnx for the compliment ;D