MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: PhotoDune by Envato  (Read 26504 times)

velocicarpo

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2011, 09:05 »
25% is too low. I see no reason to support a newcoming Agency which such a bad offer...

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2011, 10:57 »
Snip
 The good thing is photodune is closer to industry standards than graphicriver for vectors is..

Sorry, but I have to react to that. 25% non-exclusive commission is not close to industry standards. Just because some big players in the industry get away with insulting low rates, it doesn't mean they are setting a standard.

@Collis: Start with 50% non-exclusive. That would be a good start.

I didn't actually mean that their commission was industry standard.. That is low!

If you knew anything about graphicriver upload procedure and policies then you would know how far they are from industry standards.. Photodune on the other hand is more similar to a photo agency..

helix7

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2011, 17:00 »
25% is too low. I see no reason to support a newcoming Agency which such a bad offer...

Envato isn't exactly new to the game.

And 25% isn't bad. The prices at PhotoDune are fair. Commissions should be pretty decent. Certainly no worse than what some of the big microstock companies are offering.

I'm assuming you quit istock long ago, even before the rates dropped below 20%? If 25% is unthinkable for you, then...

velocicarpo

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2011, 17:13 »

Envato isn't exactly new to the game.

And 25% isn't bad. The prices at PhotoDune are fair. Commissions should be pretty decent. Certainly no worse than what some of the big microstock companies are offering.

I'm assuming you quit istock long ago, even before the rates dropped below 20%? If 25% is unthinkable for you, then...

I just demand fair commission cuts...
Yes, I quited istock in Septembre last year, started again to upload for a short while and stopped again after 3 weeks until now.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 17:29 by velocicarpo »

velocicarpo

« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2011, 18:03 »
Oh just realized there's a second page of comments on this thread!

As I say, we don't run a low non-exclusive rate to be disrespectful in any way, much more of a case of really pushing exclusivity as the way to go with Envato. Anyhow it all needs more thought, and lots of it as this is (obviously) a huge deal strategically and has lots of implications for us.

25% is half of the non-exclusive standard. I consider this as low.
I understand that in your core areas you may be a market leader and can get through with this rates, but in stock images there is a lot of agency competition and I suggest you to be competitive with your offer.

As said by someone else, some big companies get along with low rates as this one, others already seem to fail because of that. Many of us stopped uploading to istock because of comparable and lower rates. You are at least in stock images a start up and should be able to make a better offer.

You won`t push exclusivity with this market strategy in stock imagery.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 18:09 by velocicarpo »

helix7

« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2011, 15:15 »
Good question. When you have an exclusive account you can sell other things elsewhere, but not the same things. So any item you sell has to be exclusive.

At the moment we've been allowing people to create two accounts, so they can sell one portfolio of things non-exclusively and another exclusively. A good example is this amazing audio author:

http://audiojungle.net/user/soundroll <- Exclusive
http://audiojungle.net/user/soundroll-music <- Non-exclusive

It's not ideal however and I'd really like to fix that so you don't need to make a second account, as it makes it hard to change an item's exclusivity. So one day in the future I hope we can amend that...

Thanks for the info. It's not ideal to have 2 accounts, but I guess if that's how it has to work, that's fine. It would be cool to be able to merge the two accounts some day, though.

« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2011, 16:05 »
Once the Photo site is visible to people outside the "club" perhaps the admin would be kind enough to post that here. I'd consider a new site, even at 25%, depending upon prices and how much of a pain the upload process is.

« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2011, 16:51 »
I would also be interested into looking at what your site has to offer.
Always interested in new sites with positive feedback! :)

CD123

« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2011, 08:07 »
I would also be interested into looking at what your site has to offer.
Always interested in new sites with positive feedback! :)
and with good commission will also be of help.................. ;)