pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Help needed  (Read 6211 times)

« on: March 09, 2007, 04:16 »
Hello everybody,

I've been declind the 3rd time already on Shutterstock and I'm getting desperate. All my decent selling images can't get accepted at SS. Would one, or even more, of you be so kind to have a peek at my folio at fotolia or dreamstime and tell me which pictures to submit for sure?

Thank you so much for you help already.

Cheers

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 05:11 »
We would really need to view them at 100% to ensure no noise.  What are the reasons; is it noise or something else?

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 05:18 »
why not set up a lightbox at DT to show the images that have been rejected at SS.

noise is a major issue there but also diversity ten photos with a wide variety

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2007, 06:29 »
The rejection reasons are given by SS on their site.  You can check for yourself.  Unless diversity is indeed the problem (I suspect it is).

BTW I've given five star ratings to your horse pictures, and also the 'home security'.  Excellent work.  Well done.

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2007, 07:51 »
I've been declind the 3rd time already on Shutterstock and I'm getting desperate. All my decent selling images can't get accepted at SS.

Cheers
Canakris -- Don't get too upset about a 3rd rejection from SS. That seems to be the SS way. Most of us were rejected by them 1,2,3 times or more. I was rejected 2 or 3 times. ..with some of my best stock pictures...
   However,  I finally got on.  AND.... in time, most of those pix that were initially rejected..I later resubmitted and are now on SS and selling very well.  Go figure!?!
   The point about noise is valid. SS is fanatical about noise. However you may find that many of those can be cleaned up and will be accepted on a resubmit.  Also, you do understand that when your batch of 10 is rejected, not ALL of the photos are necessarily rejected?   8) -tom

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2007, 10:30 »
I wasn't approved last fall either and never tried again but it's time to get on with that.  Anyone know if on my next attempt I can submitting pix that ARE NOT model released and then delete them if I'm approved? Or do I have to do it right the first time? 

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2007, 10:57 »
Approving is definitely a human process with different interpretations all the time. I recently had about 15 shots rejected at SS for lack of focal point. I checked them again, deleted 2 that were iffy and uploaded the others again, without a note to the approver. Guess what, they were all accepted. People have bad days, good days and aren't always totally objective. If you think your work is good enough, keep on trying, they will see it in the end!

digiology

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2007, 13:45 »
I feel your pain Canakris. It took me a few attempts to get into SS as well. I kept trying again with 10 new images every time. (No luck)  What I finally did was go through my rejected batches and collected all the images that would have been approved. Resubmitted them with a few more and it worked. (Had 4 sales within 30 minutes of being accepted)

You have a nice portfolio so don't give up. Good Luck!

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2007, 16:28 »
Phildate couldn't have put it any better! Great advice!
    I am amazed how many of my pix that were rejected for one or more reasons  (focal point not where we think it should be, not stock material, too many on site, not looking for this, blown highlights, soft focus...even noise... and more) 
    ...are on those very sites that rejected them and more, are selling on those sites.  Do not give up.  Believe in your work.
     On the other hand, sometimes they are right. Some of my pix were exactly as they said and needed more work or needed to be trashed.
      Believe in your work but don't throw humility to the wind. It doesn't hurt to look at the rejected photo from their perspective. But.... if they're wrong,  they're wrong. Keep submitting!    8) -tom

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2007, 04:16 »
Great news, wooohoooo.

I got accepted 7 out of 10 were OK, the other three had noise.

Happy happy happy:)

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2007, 19:52 »
Great news, wooohoooo.
I got accepted 7 out of 10 were OK, the other three had noise.
Happy happy happy:)

ALRIGHT!!!!  CONGRATS!!   8) -tom

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2007, 20:50 »
congrats.  ;D

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2007, 07:45 »
Kewl! Welcome aboard!

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2007, 08:08 »
Go Canakris!!!! Tenacity wins!

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2007, 03:01 »
Thanks thanks...I'm still happy :)

It's so weird, with my 7 pics online I had 7 sales already...I love those number already after 2 days there:)

cheers

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2007, 00:52 »
Hello everybody,

Me again to say i'm very happy with SS!!:) After 4 days I have already 120+ sales!!! This is SO incredible!!! After how many time will this number decrease since I read somewhere that SS has huge sales in the beginning or when posting new pictures.

Thanks !!!

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2007, 04:31 »
Canakris, you really need to work on your keywords at DT. you should be getting a lot more sales than you are with those nice images

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2007, 05:50 »
Canakris, you really need to work on your keywords at DT. you should be getting a lot more sales than you are with those nice images

Thanks for pointing this out for me. Are you referring to a special series, or did you mean in general that my keywording is bad?

Cheers