pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Recomendations to outsource keywording  (Read 19471 times)

« on: September 17, 2011, 08:48 »
Hi Everyone!

I am looking to outsource my keywording. Can someone recommend me good services? I know LookStat but I would like to compare and choose the best. Thanks! :-)

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 08:50 »
There is "QuickMeta" feature in StockSubmitter, it keywords images automatically.

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 09:12 »
Hi You should try us newbielink:http://www.keyindiagraphics.com [nonactive]. We have retouched and keyworded over 12 million images

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 04:47 »
Hi Everyone!

I am looking to outsource my keywording. Can someone recommend me good services? I know LookStat but I would like to compare and choose the best. Thanks! :-)

It's a service that where considering providing, what would be a reasonable budget for this kind of thing?  $3 per image including  caption and description.
 what about  post-processing, such as  Photoshoping?  $7 per image?

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 09:54 »
+1
It's a service that where considering providing [...]  what about  post-processing, such as  Photoshoping?
We are, Photoshopping. Wallah. Geez. Grrrr.

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2011, 10:44 »
+2
Look, none of us here are going to pay you to keyword or upload our images, so you might as well just cut it out.

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2011, 12:04 »
+1
I'm curious to know if anyone here is actually using (or has used) a keywording service and if so, what their opinion is of the quality of work done. For the OP, based on his IS portfolio, it seems the type of work where there is some reasonable chance of a service being able to do a good job. Mostly studio shots so what you see in the image is all you have to write. Although they just guess model ages/ethnicity based on looks?

With shots of places or specific technical areas (medical, dental, industrial, etc.) it isn't clear to me how any keywording service can do the work. They can't know, and if they guess wrong, checking and correcting would seem to be nearly as much work as doing it in the first place.

Given that the keywords are the most important thing after the image quality in getting sales, isn't it a tough thing to outsource?

Sorry I can't help with a recommendation as I haven't ever used a service

RT

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2011, 12:17 »
+1
I'm curious to know if anyone here is actually using (or has used) a keywording service and if so, what their opinion is of the quality of work done.

See my reply to this thread http://www.microstockgroup.com/general-photography-discussion/would-you-hire-a-company-to-keyword-and-upload-your-images/msg231731/

Short answer - If you can speak English do it yourself.

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2011, 12:30 »
Your experience suggested failure at a much more basic level than even the issues I thought would be problematic :)

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2011, 13:00 »
Look, none of us here are going to pay you to keyword or upload our images, so you might as well just cut it out.

just got into the forum today and I seeing keywords everywhere ;D

and somebody thinks that Alvarez needs CS help ;D

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2011, 14:57 »
I'm curious to know if anyone here is actually using (or has used) a keywording service and if so, what their opinion is of the quality of work done. For the OP, based on his IS portfolio, it seems the type of work where there is some reasonable chance of a service being able to do a good job. Mostly studio shots so what you see in the image is all you have to write. Although they just guess model ages/ethnicity based on looks?

With shots of places or specific technical areas (medical, dental, industrial, etc.) it isn't clear to me how any keywording service can do the work. They can't know, and if they guess wrong, checking and correcting would seem to be nearly as much work as doing it in the first place.

Given that the keywords are the most important thing after the image quality in getting sales, isn't it a tough thing to outsource?

Sorry I can't help with a recommendation as I haven't ever used a service

I used Lookstat once. It's not bad. The only reason to outsource keywording is to save time and ramp up your monthly output. If you're not trying to pump out more than 400 images a month, you probably don't need those services and I suspect if you got creative, you could probably duplicate their in house tools to speed up the process.

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2011, 15:04 »
Considering the way "wikiwarriors" used to recommend replacing correct keywords with incorrect ones on iStock and then have those suggestions approved, I find it hard to imagine that anyone can do a proper keywording job on images they know nothing about.

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2011, 15:24 »
Considering the way "wikiwarriors" used to recommend replacing correct keywords with incorrect ones on iStock and then have those suggestions approved, I find it hard to imagine that anyone can do a proper keywording job on images they know nothing about.

How is that so? All you need to do is look at the image and have experience with how photo buyers search for images. It's not that hard, just time consuming and tedious.

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2011, 19:03 »
Well I use picWorkflow for storing and distributing images, they also have a keywording service which starts from 15c per image (dependent on how many words you want) and a captioning service which is title and description and that's 20c per image. They have an affiliate programme too, so I'm using a referral link in the link above.

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2011, 17:10 »
+1
You can check out http://www.picworkflow.com for keywording.

http://www.jaincotech.com does editing and keywording, or just keywording if you want
http://www.keyindiagraphics.com does editing and keywording as well and have a 15% discount for microstockgroup members (discount code: MStockGroup)

picWorkflow (my site) also does captioning, storage and distribution (submission, retouching, and a bunch of other stuff coming soon too).

Bob

« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2014, 09:58 »
 I  am from India .I do keywording.I have 3 years experience in keywording.If anyone needs keyworder.You can contact me..

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2014, 00:44 »
Hi Keerthi,

Please contact me i have lots of images which require keywording work ..

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2014, 12:11 »
+1
submit to dreamstime. they have inhouse keywording, which u pay them.

but seriously, not to learn keywording in ms is like a driver saying he wants to drive but does not wish to learn the highway codes. it is not rocket-science, and there is no proof that keyword outsource sites actually get you sales.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 12:17 by etudiante_rapide »

dpimborough

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2014, 05:08 »
+1
Hi Keerthi,

Please contact me i have lots of images which require keywording work ..

Hi I'm Sammy I'm a cat

I will take your photos for you and keyword them and sell them for you I'll only charge $100 per image  ;D

I will take sardines in down payment too  :P
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 12:32 by Sammy the Cat »

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2017, 07:55 »
you can use some tools like keywordsready or mykeyworder that are using artificial intelligence

« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2019, 08:19 »
Hi,

You can try giving images to Lotus - Post Processing Works

newbielink:https://www.lotuspostprocessingworks.com/ [nonactive]

Their pricing is reasonable with a quick turnaround time.