pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Shutterstock's New Single Image Product: Higher Payout per Download | Shutterbuz  (Read 29236 times)

« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2011, 07:59 »

And if they gave out a raise, they would really put themselves on an even higher plateau ;)
I think we would get down on our knees and worship them :D.  I think it would be a good PR move and people would be even more likely to upoad to them before the other sites.

rubyroo

« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2011, 08:03 »
Ooh yes.  I love SS to bits, but I'd never say no to a raise  ;)

« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2011, 12:22 »
Is anybody getting many of these single images sales?  I just got one a few days ago and nothing since.

Slovenian

« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2011, 12:43 »
Indeed a raise and at the same time they could introduce image exclusivity or even better, a high priced collection like Vetta. That would surely hurt their competition, well I just hope they'd bury FT and give us a huge bump in our earnings. Lol I'd probably upload only the files SS rejected at other sites

lthn

This user is banned.
« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2011, 12:58 »
Is anybody getting many of these single images sales?  I just got one a few days ago and nothing since.

It's probably gonna be pretty rare... subs > OD > single image

« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2011, 13:07 »
Indeed a raise and at the same time they could introduce image exclusivity or even better, a high priced collection like Vetta. That would surely hurt their competition ...

Don't you understand? It is precisely because they haven't "introduced image exclusivity or a high priced collection like Vetta" that SS are doing so well. It is becoming apparent that an ever-increasing number of customers like to shop where they can afford to download any image they want without having to check the price and worry about budgets. The KISS principle in action.

« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2011, 18:25 »

I have seen an increase in both single image sales and ELs. My single image sales for Sept. doubled over August's, and I've had 3 ELs in the past 2 weeks.

« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2011, 19:52 »
Indeed a raise and at the same time they could introduce image exclusivity or even better, a high priced collection like Vetta. That would surely hurt their competition ...

Don't you understand? It is precisely because they haven't "introduced image exclusivity or a high priced collection like Vetta" that SS are doing so well. It is becoming apparent that an ever-increasing number of customers like to shop where they can afford to download any image they want without having to check the price and worry about budgets. The KISS principle in action.
Absolutely. The microstock buyer is an off-the-shelf shopper looking for something he or she needs at a reasonable price - with no surprises. Microstock is not an art gallery or a fashion show. It is not a social club or group of middle school cliques. Provide a decent constistent search engine, keep pricing simple, and accept quality work no matter who is submitting it. That business model works.

lagereek

« Reply #58 on: October 04, 2011, 00:35 »
Yep!  the single dls are beginning to come,  5.75.  great stuff.

« Reply #59 on: October 04, 2011, 06:05 »

I have seen an increase in both single image sales and ELs. My single image sales for Sept. doubled over August's, and I've had 3 ELs in the past 2 weeks.
I think you must be talking about the on demand sales not the new single image sales as they haven't been around long enough to do a month by month comparison.

Carl

• Carl Stewart, CS Productions
« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2011, 06:10 »
Same here.  I've had a noticeable increase in on-demand sales lately.   :)

rubyroo

« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2011, 06:20 »
No SDs for me yet  :(

Waaaah!  I want one!

« Reply #62 on: October 04, 2011, 06:29 »
I think you must be talking about the on demand sales not the new single image sales as they haven't been around long enough to do a month by month comparison.

Yeah, you're right. Sorry about that, my mistake.

« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2011, 11:33 »
Finally had my first 'single image download' for $5.70. From the map it looks like it was bought in Arkansas or thereabouts so maybe that's the 'test area'.

« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2011, 14:37 »
I had my first two this morning - I'd have said from the US southeast-ish. Hard to pinpoint. I do hope this is a big success for SS as it certainly (with the on demand downloads) will pull up the averages per download very nicely :)

« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2011, 14:48 »
Just had my first one this morning as well.  Maybe it's just starting to roll out on a wider basis?  I was wondering why I wasn't getting any while my sales on subs, ODs and ELs have been higher than they have ever been.

« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2011, 15:47 »
I still haven't had one but SS sales are so good, I don't care :)

« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2011, 16:57 »
I still haven't seen a single image DL but I did get 2 ELs today...I'll take 2 of those over singe image DLs any day!

« Reply #68 on: October 14, 2011, 23:29 »
Got a second one today, so their testing program is still going... hope more to come to everyone. Meanwhile the regular sales are better than ever, SS rocks!

Slovenian

« Reply #69 on: October 15, 2011, 04:06 »
No single sales, no ELs and the overall sales are weak. No light at the end of the tunnel for my October's earnings at SS (and actually everywhere except 123RF). 1 cool think happened though, I just got a raise (36c)

« Reply #70 on: October 15, 2011, 04:31 »
I got $4.80 for a single download yesterday. Before I got $5.70 twice. Perhaps they lowered the price for singles?

« Reply #71 on: October 26, 2011, 17:38 »
Had my first one today for $5.70.

Slovenian

« Reply #72 on: October 27, 2011, 01:34 »
Me too, but it wasn't from a redneck area, it was bought in the Seattle area. Had a great day yesterday :)

Slovenian

« Reply #73 on: October 28, 2011, 09:25 »
BTW everybody is talking about this great new product. But don't you think royalty percentages are at least low if not very low? Just 20-30%, depends on the level you're at. And yes it's the same as OD's %.

If this product would start to sell great and they'd announce exclusive images and would pay us 40-50% (or 35-50%), they'd bury IS, not to mention all the smaller agencies, since everybody would go for it. Of course they'd have to give subs a substantial bump as well. It probably isn't possible to expect something like 35-50c/DL, but 30-45c sounds pretty good as well. With traffic doubled, we'd be loaded and wouldn't worry about loading all out content to zillion sites. I'd probably UL all as non-excl at first to see how they sell on different sites (most sell best at SS anyway). And the make those exclusive that would make the most by being excl.

wut

« Reply #74 on: January 03, 2012, 15:59 »
I just got payed only 4.48 for a single sale. What's that about? It can't be such a small price difference due to size (like for OD pricing), I used to get 5.32 for single DLs.