pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Veer Subscription Royalties Update  (Read 24376 times)

jbarber873

« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2011, 19:17 »
   Having previously taken Veer to task for their initial plan, I am happy to retract my criticism. Hopefully this ability to fix mistakes and get contributors on board helps to make the subs product a success. I'm back in!
Now, while I have your attention, when are you going to sell video? :D

« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2011, 22:11 »
I see that one of my suggestions came true!
I've opted back in!
Good to see a company "really" listening and working with their contributors for the benefit of all!

« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2011, 22:46 »
Thank you for listening to our concerns. It's so nice to know that we have been heard. Opting in now.

« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2011, 23:15 »
Big thanks to the Veer team for listening to our concerns. Huge thumbs up.

I'll be opting back in shortly...

« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2011, 00:11 »

Trying to compare with my iStock statswhich I find very difficult to interpretI only see "File Purchases." How do I determine if any of those are istock subscription sales? It appears that these are all normal sales.

On the sidebar in your stats page there is a line that says "subscriptions", click on that and it gives you a list of all the files that have sold as subs, how many times they have sold and what the total subs earnings are.

OK! Look at that. Zero subscription sales. So if we are comparing apples to apples, I won't lose the "big" money I get at Veer if I opt-in.  ::)

Lol! I've got pages and pages of iS subscriptions but I might be a slightly bigger player than you. IS subs (and I guess Veer's, too) are aimed at companies that for some reason want to have a subscription account rather than using credit sales. Maybe the finance people like to know the monthly budget is fixed at a certain level. This kind of subscription isn't targeting the low-cost customer, so I suppose the risk of people switching en masse is small.

I see the cost of a subscription pack will be about $500 for 600 dls in a month, which is about double what SS charges.

It's nice to see that their prices in different currencies are in line with the true exchange rate ... no nasty little tricks there, then.

PS:  I didn't bother to send them any suggestions for improvements because I assumed that they didn't really give a toss what contributors thought and asking for opinions was just a public relations ploy. I guess I've been hanging around Fotolia and iStock for too long.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 00:16 by BaldricksTrousers »

Microbius

« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2011, 03:09 »
The contrast between FL and Veer's attitudes has really made me rethink my strategy to stock. I'm going to make time for a sit down next week and think hard about where I upload to and which sites deserve my support.

« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2011, 03:10 »
I just sent my opt-in letter  V. cool   8)

lagereek

« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2011, 05:14 »
Its like a breath of fresh air! an agency that listens to its members. :)

« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2011, 06:20 »
Nice to see an agency that values it's contributors instead of treating them like a nuisance. 

« Reply #59 on: October 01, 2011, 07:47 »
Congratulations to Veer!
Indeed.
I'm back in love with them (and in subscriptions).

But also, congratulations to you people!
Congratulations to all of you, photographers who for once stood united and acted in unison for the good of all of us (including the agency).
This didn't happen out of the blue and goodness of Veer. It happened because of you.
It shows how it should be done and that it is possible.
Thank you contributors and thank you Veer.
Good luck, hopefully, it will work.

PS I would still love to see that 100 dollars payment limit lowered at least to half.
I don't sell much (at all) and I'm not very well, but hey, I understand :)
Just a suggestion :)

« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2011, 12:30 »
Very well written Aaron and I think you guys did a great job of reworking how the subscription plan will work.  I hope it becomes a great success for both the photographers and Veer.  I guess three pages of happy replies should speak for itself, but it is really encouraging to see a site having open dialog with their suppliers and considering their (our) opinion.

Two thumbs up.  Obviously I will be opting in as well.

tab62

« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2011, 14:41 »
I just got my first payday from the stock world and it was from Veer! I have a very positive experience from this company and glad to see many folks wanting to say with them! Thanks Veer!

« Reply #62 on: October 01, 2011, 15:28 »
Another one jumping in to sing praise  :-*
Imho $0.25 is still a bit on the low side (the lowest of all sites i contribute, or am forced to contribute to actually...) but i decided to give it a shot.
So refreshing to see there's still agencies there who take our concerns at heart and really listen. (but im sure you know that by now ;))
I hope Veer will continue to grow (and contrary to other agencies' opinions think the power of contributor networking is not to underestimate).
Kudos.

« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2011, 16:44 »
Still not opted in...  there's something shady and i can't put my finger on it.

Patrick H.

« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2011, 08:06 »
Still not opted in...  there's something shady and i can't put my finger on it.

Patrick H.

I am bothered by the fact that they were first willing to screw everybody over, and only after a bunch of public backlashing, gave in. To me, that seems a little dishonest (shady?). I sincerely hope their financial reporting will break things down so that contributors who are very happy here will be able to see exactly what they are getting paid.

It doesn't affect me at all...I was at Veer for quite a while, and I just never saw a lot of sales. When they wouldn't provide an opt-out for partner programs, I pulled my port.

« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2011, 09:15 »
Thanks to Microstock Group for making this positive dialogue possible!  Would most likely not have happened on an agency forum.

« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2011, 09:21 »
it is incredible how some can still be in the shady regarding Veer, I really dont understand, what agencies are you selling pictures? we can all have our opinion but this is not right comparing to other agencies policies etc etc

« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2011, 09:24 »
it is incredible how some can still be in the shady regarding Veer, I really dont understand, what agencies are you selling pictures? we can all have our opinion but this is not right comparing to other agencies policies etc etc
As you said, we can all have our opinion....

Patrick H.

« Reply #68 on: October 02, 2011, 11:06 »
It will be interesting to see what % of sub sales are from the different #s. As I stated elsewhere I am guessing there are a lot of 0 sale days and a fair number of using most of the sub total. We still won't know what the number of 0 dl days are though. I am guessing Shutterstock users have a similar buying pattern, so perhaps we can get more insight into what the actual royalty % there is. 

One question is that originally I thought that the Veer subs were up to 30 a day (3.00 to .10) the new schedule looks like it goes up to 20 a day total.

« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2011, 05:13 »
Opted-in.  Thank you for respecting us as artists!

« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2011, 16:12 »
I hope everyone +1ed and hearted Aaron's post :)

« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2011, 16:47 »

So that's what the heart's for never knew that.

So when will we know after we've opted back in that we're actually opted back in?

« Reply #72 on: October 04, 2011, 00:02 »

No, I just opted back in :)

I am very happy that they decided to make changes, but I'm still pretty taken aback that they thought the original scheme was OK. Whatever internal compass they're using needs some serious recalibration - I would prefer it if we didn't have to have this cycle of horrible proposal-contributor outrage-improved proposal again. So no hearts or +1s from me.

« Reply #73 on: October 04, 2011, 11:21 »
Hi all,

I just wanted to clear up a potential point of confusion about the opt in/out process. Here are the different scenarios:

1. If you wish to be opted in, and have never sent us an opt-out message, you don't need to take any action. Everyone is automatically opted in unless you send an opt-out email to
[email protected] by October 21 (process outlined in point #4).

2. If you had initially opted out and wish to remain opted out, you don't need to take any action.

3. If you had initially opted out and now want to opt back in, simply send us an email with the subject heading "Opt in" time-stamped before 11:59 pm (PST), October 21, 2011.

4. If you have not yet opted out, but still wish to do so, you'll need to notify us by 11:59 pm (PST) on October 21, 2011. The specifics of the process are outlined here: http://www.veer.com/more/contributor/news/introducing-veer-subscriptions/.

Thanks again for your continued feedback. We're happy to see so many positive responses to the revised royalty structure, and appreciate your engagement!

Cheers,

Chelsey
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 11:24 by Chelsey Schaffel »

lisafx

« Reply #74 on: October 05, 2011, 12:13 »
Hi Chelsey,

I had opted out and then sent an opt in letter.  I received a confirmation in response to my opt out letter, but haven't received one after opting  back in.  Just want to make sure I am now opted back in.  Any way to check that?